Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

GE90-110B1 or GE90-115B engines? Which one will we get with our PMDG 777LR?

That's very difficult to control lol. You have to watch the tailstrike and flap overspeed risks really carefully, you'll shoot through your V2 and the flap speeds almost before you leave the ground. 40+ degree deck angle to stop it from accelerating etc.

Ha yeah, a friend was telling me about a position flight he did in an empty 77F - an extraordinary amount of power  :lol: however, what Mr Boeing doesn't know won't kill him  B)

PHXMD-11, on 21 May 2013 - 1:02 PM, said:

ITo a degree. I just think it would be a shame not to have the world's largest, most powerful engine missing from the world's greatest, most advanced simulation of the world's second greatest aircraft.

and what aircraft would that be?

Why the MD-11 of course!!!

Luke please don't crash your shiny new 777 on the VERY FIRST FLIGHT lol. 

• Upvote 1

Chris Sunseri

Luke please don't crash your shiny new 777 on the VERY FIRST FLIGHT lol. 

Don't worry, I'm only planning to going FL350 and seeing how she recovers from a stall!  :P

Don't worry, I'm only planning to going FL350 and seeing how she recovers from a stall!  :P

Only FL350 you should take her all the way up to 43,100 FT HA . :P

First thing am doing is going completely empty, no pax or cargo, full thrust = WINNING.

I'll be more interested to see how it performs with its max takeoff weight.

Why the MD-11 of course!!!

My username does kind of give it a way, doesn't it?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I'll be more interested to see how it performs with its max takeoff weight.

At MTOW is performs like the NG empty  :LMAO:

At MTOW is performs like the NG empty  :LMAO:

Wouldn't know that either, most of my NG flights are close to MTOW lol

That's very difficult to control lol. You have to watch the tailstrike and flap overspeed risks really carefully, you'll shoot through your V2 and the flap speeds almost before you leave the ground. 40+ degree deck angle to stop it from accelerating etc.

Someone gave it a go.  B)

Sounds like a plan! we should see who can get it into and out of the shortest runway lol

Try Saba island. The runway is something like 1300'. Of course, a TO-B to 200000 lbs might be needed. :P

I should change my sig to 'B77W/GE90-115BL' or 'B77L/GE90-110B1' then, since that's what we'll be flying.

Aamir Thacker

They're not different engines - this is the same idea as with all the different CFM56-7B ratings on the NG. It's the exact same engine and the customer just pays more for an EEC software unlock that gives it the 115k rating. We've modeled the 110k for the base pack and the 115k will come with the 300ER. (before anyone starts complaining, our 110k modelling on the 200LR and F has the TO-B option that effectively makes it like a 115k for takeoff.) The 110B is the standard engine on both the 200LR and the F - only a handful of operators (Ethiopian is the only I'm actually aware of) have gone with the 115B option. Do not worry - the airplane is ridiculously overpowered with the 110Bs already.

Thanks for your reply! And i thought that older B777-200LR has the 110B and new ordered B777-200LR are suited with the 115B engine. So, if i would order a real B777-200LR, could i choose the -110B or are all newer B777-200LR suited with 115B?  

THE LR is still sold with the 110B1 as standard. Getting the 115B rating, is an optional and rather expensive extra.

Thanks for your reply! And i thought that older B777-200LR has the 110B and new ordered B777-200LR are suited with the 115B engine. So, if i would order a real B777-200LR, could i choose the -110B or are all newer B777-200LR suited with 115B?  

Nope, the one we surveyed was basically brand new and it had 110Bs.

• Upvote 2

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com