Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Issue Saving a Post

For a while now, half the time i hit the post button,i get " Saving Post" and often it stays that way forever till the post is lost.

started using avsim back in 2007 with no issues, its amazing to see how software updates break stuff as much as they fix em.

On a side note, some of the crap bugs i am now getting with internet explorer 10, i never saw with the first internet browsers released in 1996, think its called Netscape. The whole software update thing was supposed to be a good idea and not the nuisance it has become.

Yes, I have the same problem sometimes. If it appears to be taking too long, I just copy the text, hit the <- button, and come back in. I then use the paste button on the menu and then it always saves.

Never had a update break anything. I chose all my updates, no auto.

Dave

I'll move this to the help forum...  I haven't noticed this, but will keep an eye... It could very well be an IE10 browser issue too, not just AVSIM but all IPB forum platforms had a coding issue with the new browser.  Something to do with visuals and even this typing box script.

This happens on IE9. IE10 broke my email and I had to remove it. This started for me with the AVSIM Upgrade.

Dave

About one in every four times I edit a post I have made I get two oddities, sometimes both together, sometimes not:

1. After saving the edit, the page does not return to the thread but stays on the edit page, with the edit box open. I see others have the same thing.

2. My post ends up looking like this:

<p>OK, I redid the FSNav database, and now, at least at FSPP (I haven't explored others yet) the default AP file is no longer shown. No idea what may be different as I only recently ran the database editor and I haven't changed anything at FSPP since then...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Screenshot as an example of what I get (or, fingers crossed, 'got'??)..</p>
<p> </p>

Just thought I'd give a heads up..

Thanks,

Martin

Guys, as we have said a couple of dozen times, this is an IE issue. Go to Firefox or Chrome and check to see if your problem continues.

Sorry Tom, I'm afraid this is not an IE issue. I never use IE. This happens with Firefox (I have v.20).

Martin

Sorry Tom, I'm afraid this is not an IE issue. I never use IE. This happens with Firefox (I have v.20).

Martin

You seem to be posting okay now.

1. Well, I didn't try to edit the post (see my post #5). This never happens on an original post, only when you try to edit it.

2. As I also said in the same post, it only happens in about one in every four or five instances.

The problem occurs on which ever PC I use to edit the post, BTW

:-)

Google Chrome  Version 27.0.1453.110 m

W7x64 Professional

Edit Post --> Submits Post (can see it after a page reload), but doesn't return to the page.

One the 'other' board I use, running current IPB, the edit function apparently works normally.

Same issue on Firefox 21.0

Edit:

This is an editing test...

Edit:

It just hung at that point, had to use PF5 to refresh the page

Bert

Update.. I can post OK, but if I edit a post, I sometimes end up with visible formatting characters
throughout the post.

If I then open the post again, and choose the extended editor, the characters disappear.

Edit - this one actually hung..

Second edit..

.. was OK

Bert

Update.. I can post OK, but if I edit a post, I sometimes end up with visible formatting characters

throughout the post.

If I then open the post again, and choose the extended editor, the characters disappear.

Edit - this one actually hung..

Second edit..

.. was OK

Yes, I have confirmed that this is an issue. If you compose a message and then edit it, and you are taken to the TEXT editor (as opposed to the BBCode or full editor) and then save the message from there, you will most likely see the edited message with HTML code in it. The way to keep this from happening is when you go to edit your message, click on the TEXT / BBCODE switch at the top of the editor and then make your changes to your message. Then save and you should not see those codes. This has been reported to IPB for examination.