Sign in to follow this  
Guest _patrol_

How can I remove some of the "new" FS9.1 bridges?

Guest kimdahl

Hello all!I have just installed the FS9.1 patch and now I would like to know how I can remove some of the new bridges in Denmark? Microsoft seems to have a very limited knowledge of the actual bridges , and they have planted the Oresund bridge between Danmark and Sweden in a totally wrong place. A swedish guy named Henrik Brovell has made an excellent version af the bridge and now I have two Oresund bridges, as you can see:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/93917.jpgBrovells' bridge in the foreground, MS' version in the backgroundHow can the MS bridge be removed, pleaseBest regards

I would like to know this also. I have Henrik Brovell's freeware Oresund bridge installed to and now I have 2 Oresund bridge's. Im going to check some other bridges now. I have 2 freeware bridge in New York City installed that were left out before the patch, now I probably have double those bridges.

Guest MarkB

There are two BGL files in the scenery/generic/scenery folder, one is named bridges.bgl (contains all the bridges models), the second one is called bridges01.bgl (this contains the lat/lon information and references the objects).You will need a tool to decompile the bridges01.bgl to an xml file, and you can experiment with deleting the references to those objects. I would suggest searching using the lat/lon, then either comment those out, or delete entirely, then recompile the bridges01.xml to a bgl using bglcomp. It may be a repetitive process.

Well I was right, I now have 2 Throgs Neck bridges and 2 Whitestone bridges in New York City. But you know what? The 2 new default bridges actually look alittle closer to the real thing that the 2 freeware bridges I have installed.But I still want to delete the new default Oresund bridge. The freeware one I have looks better and is in the right spot.

One more thing.....If you replaced any default bridges in FS2004 before the patch I would check them again. I found 3 other places where after I installed the patch I now have the new default bridge and the bridge I downloaded.

Well I came across the first broken default bridge in the Florida keys just south of Marathon, and the new bridge after the patch. The broken one is till there MS didnt remove it...Really strange. Maybe the autogen setting is causing this to happen? And I don't have any 3rd party scenery for that area. :-zhelp

Guest kimdahl

Hi there!Sounds a bit experimental to me, and furthermore I am not very hooked on making changes to default FS files. I was planning to upload the fix for the danish bridges, and I was hoping to make it as a sort of addon bgl solution. I know that it can be done, since Henrik Brovell has also made a great version of the Store Baelt bridge, actually for FS2002 (but it works great in FS204), and for that purpose he made some bgl files to exclude the MS bridge present in FS2002, and this bridge doesn't show up in FS2004 after the patch, so these exclude files are rather efficient!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/93951.jpgStore Baelt Bridge by Henrik Brovellhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/93953.jpgStore Baelt Bridge by Microsoft, in the wrong place and the wrong construction as well!I would like to know what program I can use to make this kind of excludes.Best regards

can anyone email me these two files which come with the FS patch?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Well hopefully as time goes on modelers who are on top of their add-ons will come out with a new version that will include a flatten or exclude to remedy the situation.

Guest JoeW

There is a program ' ExcBuilder 2.0 ' here on avsim in the library. You just start FS9 and the ExcBuilder and slew to the limits of the bridge, Starting at the Northwest corner and ending at the southwest corner of the area. Name the file and save .. go copy it to a scewnery folder and add it to the scenery.That one will be gone.Joe W.

As far as I rememember from driving down there once, Bray, there ARE two bridges there, one broken. Before the patch, you just had the broken one. Now you have both.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: Seems there are two posts, too, LOL. Note to self: must drink less, must drink less ...http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest kimdahl

Hi Joe!Maybe I am doing something wrong but I can only get ExcBuilder to produce xml files which don't have any effect in FS. In the "Save as" box I can only choose between XML Files and All Files, how do I make bgl files with this program? I don't quite understand the part of the readme file that says: "BGL file will be generated into folder you saved XML source".Best regards

Can someone also explain how to remove the new default Coranado bridge in San Diego? It does not look as good as the one I downloaded.