Sign in to follow this  
Fox-Bat

Suggestions for replacing Digital Aviation Cheyenne?

The DA Cheyenne is my favourite plane so far – but the time has come to retire this grand old bird. I was wondering if fellow simmers had another plane to recommend in the same class, power/speed/immersion?

I already have RA Dukes and the Lion Heart Kodiak.

Staying away from Carenados (Caravan, C90) as I have heard they are pretty to look on the outside but not much else.  Also not a fan of Glass panels.

Any suggestions on what would be good quality plane to replace the Cheyenne?

Despite being a Carenado, I have heard the C337 is not bad. Essentially looking for a medium sized GA which is not too slow.

Area of operation will be FTX Southern Alaska.  So something which can use bush airfields would be great.

All suggestions appreciated.

I'd say wait for the Flight1 King Air B200 G1000 or the Miltviz King Air 350/350i..steam and glass.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The DA Cheyenne is my favourite plane so far – but the time has come to retire this grand old bird. I was wondering if fellow simmers had another plane to recommend in the same class, power/speed/immersion?

I already have RA Dukes and the Lion Heart Kodiak.

Staying away from Carenados (Caravan, C90) as I have heard they are pretty to look on the outside but not much else.  Also not a fan of Glass panels.

Any suggestions on what would be good quality plane to replace the Cheyenne?

Despite being a Carenado, I have heard the C337 is not bad. Essentially looking for a medium sized GA which is not too slow.

Area of operation will be FTX Southern Alaska.  So something which can use bush airfields would be great.

All suggestions appreciated.

Honestly the King Air C90 by Carenado is great with a few fixes applied to it. It flies very realistically I know because I have time in a RW C90

The 200 sucks FPS bad. Try the C340 from them its a great plane its the one I enjoy flying the most!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Kodiak is very very simplistic...okay if you just like to hop in and fly.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will check out the C90 - hopefully its got steam gauges.

After I posted, read a couple of C337 reviews. Looks like a well made plane as per the avsim review and a good release for Carenado. Might purchase it in the next few days alongwith FTX SAK. I think it took me more than a year to cover all airports in AU Blue, NZSI and PFJ. I think still a few left in PNW but time to move on to SAK with a new plane.

I'd say wait for the Flight1 King Air B200 G1000 or the Miltviz King Air 350/350i..steam and glass.

Didn't realize the Milviz one had steam gauges too. In the previews so far I have seen in the grey mockups - saw glass screens only. That's why had ruled it out. But great will definitely wait for the Milviz one.

Posted Today, 04:46 PM

Kodiak is very very simplistic...okay if you just like to hop in and fly.

Yeah simple and I absolutely detest glass gauges - but for some reason that plane is a joy to flow. I think a combination of easy handling, loads of power and STOL abilities. I think I spent a lot of time in the Kodiak exploring PFJ.

Yep- the 337 is a fantastic plane. It's very interesting too, given the engine positions. The C90 only has two small glass instruments on either side of the cockpit + a couple of other screens in the middle of the panel, and the same goes for the King Air.

Here's a taste of the King Air by Milviz:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20842697/KA350_interior_v2.html

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Both the C90 and C340 are great. I recently got back into the Cheyenne, and I can't believe I put her aside for so long. I find that the Carenado B200 FDE is very "stiff" and "rigid" - Not very dynamic and has a huge lack of feel to it (it could just be because I'm no big fan of LCDs in cockpits and that may add some kind of personal negative feel to it).

Another old add-on I recently reinstalled was her baby sister - the FSD Navajo Panther. Another great addon that I'm enjoying but getting very very old now.

Also, the Milviz B350 will be both Digital and Analog! :yahoo:

Diego.

RealAir duke maybe?

The turbine version especially.

His first post says he has the dukes.

Anyway the Carenado BE9L is what you want... The FDE is excellent because its done by Bernt.

There's a bit of a misconception with their planes. A lot of the recent releases are done by him which means they fly very well. Unfortunately the TBM was not done by him. But between the C337 and the king air 200 all were done by Bernt.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't think there's really anything available in a "new" aircraft that's going to compare very well to the fidelity of the Digital Aviation brand. The Carenado's all operate quite simplistically as far as systems and navigation and they all pretty much require light-heavy modification so keep that in mind, although I will say their latest TBM850 might end up being their best release (will wait post patch to decide on this) as there are a bit more intricacies involved in flying it day to day so I feel it's not as simplisitic as their other models.

If you are into commercial twin turbo's I have seen an old release by Flight1 (cant recall how the graphics are compared to todays standard)...I think it's called something like the "J41" (wait, maybe it was released by PMDG?)....this plane from what I remember is more along the lines of the Digital Aviation releases where there is alot more simulated as far as systems and proper startup procedures...its more of a "study" sim in fact than a quick get in and fly sim.

Spending some time on Youtube researching...sometimes helps alot.

Good point. I was only thinking of performance. You can blow up the engines on the J41. And it accepts navigraph data. Speed wise similar to the Cheyenne.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Step up to the JS4100.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

His first post says he has the dukes.

Anyway the Carenado BE9L is what you want... The FDE is excellent because its done by Bernt.

There's a bit of a misconception with their planes. A lot of the recent releases are done by him which means they fly very well. Unfortunately the TBM was not done by him. But between the C337 and the king air 200 all were done by Bernt.

Sorry lol early morning response