Sign in to follow this  
zaflyer

FSX back to FS9?

Hello...

I've enjoyed many happy hours flying the MAAM DC-3 in FSX. Enjoyed it so much I've even done some repaints (of African Airlines of the day) of the DC-3 and had them 'published' on AVSIM and FS.Com. Great Paint kits BTW (thanks Mark)

I recently purchased FS9 with a view to 'dedicating' it to older AC from the 40's, 50's and 60's and the scenery that goes along with it, namely that provided by Cal Classics. Of course, I wanted to 'fly' my MAAM AC in FS9 as part of my fleet. Problem, I can't get it to work. I'm aware that the FSX version that MAAM kindly provided is a 'portover' of the FS9 version and I'm wondering if it's possible to 're-tweak' it to fly in FS9 and return it to it's original state. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. I so miss my MAAM's. Thanks for your time re: this.

Best Wishes

ZA

Hi ZA.  You'll need some different files to revert to the FS9 version.  If you had purchased the CD version you would already have both FSX and FS9 installers, so I assume you bought the download. If you contact me by e-mail, maam-sim@maam.org, and give me your name and address I can look your purchase up on the store database.  Then I'll be happy send you a free link to the FS9 version.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Rambow

Thanks for the prompt response and your kind offer to help. The email requested has been sent.

I couldn't help but notice the discussion re: the future of MAAM-Sim. I'd like to thank you and your colleagues for the DC-3 etc that you've produced. These aircraft have given me and I'm sure many others endless hours of enjoyment. :smile:

Good work.

Best Wishes

ZA 

Hi Bill,
Haven't talked to you in ages.
We have a guy posting the same problem at DC3airways.com forum. Mark thought he had it backwards, as Mark doesn't seem to remember this disc. Am I right? (see my post below)
Howard
Mark,
I think he may be right. I purchased a disc from MAAM in August, 2011. I am looking at it right now. It says:
Douglas
R4D DC-3
Sixteen Add On Aircraft for MAAM-SIM
10TH Edition
Microsoft FSX and FS9

C-47
Is this what you have, Ralph?

As I remember, I saw a blurb in one of the forums that the new disc was much better than using the free download to upgrade from FS9 to FSX. I had used the free download to do just that, and was having problems with it. I found this offer on the MAAM web site (it is in the section labeled for purchasing the FS9 disc.) and bought it. It turned out to be fantastic. It has a much better air file, better graphics, and I encountered no problem installing and using it. I also have installed Norms custom panel for the C-47 with no problem.
Now, I never tried to install it into FS9. The main reason it was brought out, I think, was for FSX, so FS9 may not be all that good on it.
Just a thought.
Howard