Sign in to follow this  
revporl

Installing Meatwater voices

Hiya,

I've been having real trouble with this.

Have unloaded all of the zip files, backed up existing voices to a folder and then tried to unzip MW files into Winwood as per instructions. My OS would not allow me the permission to do this (W7 64bit).

So then I unzipped all of the files to a folder and then copied and pasted the contents of that folder to Winwood but it seems to get stuck, it makes no progress on pasting at all, doesn't ask me for permission to replace files etc.

There's usually no issue pasting large selections of files on my machine, I've copied larger external GD backups to the internal HD before.

Has anyone any suggestions how I can work around this?

Thanks,

Paul

Make sure the winwood folders are not read only. Right click on winwood folder icon. then properties, then advanced and see if it each attribute is not set to read only, allow modified, allow deletion, etc. The numbered folders might be set to the parent winwood folder privileges.

You also should have admin rights. Do you have RC under a program files folder hierarchy? If so and you are running an unzip utility right click on the .exe and then select run as admin to elevate the unzip utilities privileges.

I ran winRAR with admin privs and that did the job in the end. Thank you!

Hi,

I installed your files and everthing seemed to go alright. However, although the voices were a little more intelligible than the default voices, I still have difficulty with incomplete instructions and barely intelligible voices. The default RC voice were merely static and even now the voices seem 'clipped'. I have FSX and I run Windows 7. I have RC 4.38 and have had nothing but problems. I have used previous versions with earlier versions of FS and have never experienced the sound problems I am having. All the sounds in FSX, including ATC sound fine. Do you have any ideas how to make RC voices sound better?

Bill Schneider

Hi Bill,

If you search the forum you will find some topics re sound issues.

What OS are you using as Win 8 has distorted other sounds within FS for some users.

Try updating your sound card drivers and if you are not using a seperate sound card update your inbuilt sound drivers too.

I also have a problem with MW voices I still have some of the default voices in with MW because sometimes the voice has more bass in it. Its the same voice but half default (keen) and the other bassy

Can someone tell me why some voices are in stereo and some are not????

How can you have one voice in stereo????

Nick Schreger in his readme (called you_cant_read_can_you.txt) to each of the voicepacks said:

"The sheer amount of single files (more than 80.000!) always kept me from working on them, but then I found a way to batch process them, which took a lot of workload from me. However, due to the nature of these files and because almost every different voice set had a different "base-sound" as well, it was still required to fine tune the parameters for every single voice set, which turned out to be a lot more work than expected/feared."

80 000 manually tuned files says it all.

D