Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Airbus X Extended

I am interested in purchasing the Airbus X Extended package, but I would like to know one or two things about it from current users......

1. I have watched several YouTube videos, and they have included audible pilot and copilot checklists and other stuff. Can these be disabled?

2. Are the included engine sounds realistic? What I mean by this is.....are they as good as the TSS engine sound packs? I already have the TSS sound package for the CFM56 engines (used with the Project Airbus A318), so I am set to go if these are a lot better.

3. Does it have other nice sound effects, like touchdown/rollout/flaps/gear etc? By this I mean....are they realistic?

4. Can I hand fly it? If so, does it feel nice and stable in this mode?

4. Is there a demo?

The Project Airbus planes are actually pretty good, but the big difference for me is the VC. The one included with the Airbus X Extended looks really, really nice. I would have preferred an A318 or A319, but an A320 will do for now :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am interested in purchasing the Airbus X Extended package, but I would like to know one or two things about it from current users......

1. I have watched several YouTube videos, and they have included audible pilot and copilot checklists and other stuff. Can these be disabled?

Audible checklists can be disabled independently from activated/not activated copilot.

2. Are the included engine sounds realistic? What I mean by this is.....are they as good as the TSS engine sound packs? I already have the TSS sound package for the CFM56 engines (used with the Project Airbus A318), so I am set to go if these are a lot better.

Sorry, I have no idea.

3. Does it have other nice sound effects, like touchdown/rollout/flaps/gear etc? By this I mean....are they realistic?

Yes! Takeoff roll bumps, for example, are included, too.

Perfect! The normal law of the Airbusses is represented really well in the fly-by-wire system of the AAX. (That is the real-world autocoordination and the various speed/bank/roll protections.)

4. Is there a demo?

Nope! But you can check out other AXE/AAX threads here on AVSIM or the dedicated AAX forum at Aerosoft, for example.

The Project Airbus planes are actually pretty good, but the big difference for me is the VC. The one included with the Airbus X Extended looks really, really nice. I would have preferred an A318 or A319, but an A320 will do for now :smile:

Work on the Aerosoft A318/319 has just started - no release date, of course!

• Upvote 1

4. Is there a demo?

Hi,

To your questions:

1. The automatic checklist (and copilot) is great but  It can be disabled.

2. The included engine sounds are very realistic, but there is also  another optional pack you can download for free from AS

3.Sound effects are very good and realistic

4. Hand-flying is easy and fun ! Also stable.

5. To my knowledge there is no demo.

There are still some flaws, but it is a SUPERB airbus simulation ! :rolleyes:

Very immersive also.

The model and VC are excellent.  Flightguidance(Fmgc) is  good.

Raas is also included (can also be disabled)

In comparison wit the Project airbus, it has no flexing wings, but you will quickly forget those.

Some pictures here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408458-airbus-x-v110/#entry2675173

Guy

The real-world Airbus A320/321 hardly have any wing-flex, either ...

... so the development efforts, polygons etc. were put to a better use on the AAX.

BTW, there will be a A330 out, after the A318/319, which will feature wing-flex (finally!).

Hi,

3.Sound effects are very good and realistic

Not in my opinion. Some sounds sound repeated...

Sounds are by:

"Sounds: Turbine Sound Studios & Aerosoft Steffen Froemter & Rolf Fritze"

I can't comment on the realism and I don't want to challenge the repetition argument, but the sound environment is immersive, IMO.

It's currently the best a320.

Currenty...

If you want a full on version like a PMDG version then you will have to wait for FSLabs version. But who knows how long that will be, so until then the only one worth buying is the Aerosoft version.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The real-world Airbus A320/321 hardly have any wing-flex, either ...

... so the development efforts, polygons etc. were put to a better use on the AAX.

BTW, there will be a A330 out, after the A318/319, which will feature wing-flex (finally!).

Lol someone just had to mention the infamous "W-word"..... :D

I've relegated this plane to the hangar due to a couple of serious drawbacks. These matter to me, but they might not matter to you.

There are no pop out PFD or ND or ECAM gauges, so it is very difficult to get good crisp undocked displays of those gauges onto a second monitor. It may be possible, but I've given up trying. The visual quality of the gauges is not what I hoped for. (They do provide a pop out for the left MCDU.) When I bought this plane, I didn't think this would be such a big deal, but I've gotten to the point where it's now an absolute dealbreaker for me. There are other planes I can fly which have a much better display of the primary flight instruments, so I just don't fly this anymore.

This plane just won't work if you change the simulation rate to anything other than 1. You simply cannot accelerate, even to 2x. That may or may not matter to anyone else, but I do find it annoying.

Just my opinion...

• Upvote 1

Alan Davies

That is true !

Displays could be SHARPER !

I must often Zoom in to be able to read.

I don't use acceleration...

But this doesn't hinder me from enjoying it.

Guy

I've relegated this plane to the hangar due to a couple of serious drawbacks. These matter to me, but they might not matter to you.

There are no pop out PFD or ND or ECAM gauges, so it is very difficult to get good crisp undocked displays of those gauges onto a second monitor. It may be possible, but I've given up trying. The visual quality of the gauges is not what I hoped for. (They do provide a pop out for the left MCDU.) When I bought this plane, I didn't think this would be such a big deal, but I've gotten to the point where it's now an absolute dealbreaker for me. There are other planes I can fly which have a much better display of the primary flight instruments, so I just don't fly this anymore.

This plane just won't work if you change the simulation rate to anything other than 1. You simply cannot accelerate, even to 2x. That may or may not matter to anyone else, but I do find it annoying.

Just my opinion...

Concerning pop-ups for the displays, have a look at the tweaking section of the Aerosoft AAX forums. There are user tweaks from which I use one myself (for the lower ECAM).

And v1.1 is less demanding regarding frame rates, so I often use 2x or even 4x time acceleration - mainly at CRZ level, of course ...

The displays look pretty clear to me in high res screenshots.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

They may be zoomed in and digitally reworked - may be better to watch a user youtube video in fullscreen mode ...

The displays are very o.k. for me, but people may want to try the user tweaks from the AAX (English spoken) Aerosoft forum. I like to watch the corresponding synoptics on the lower ECAM while doing my preflight, so I tweaked a separate 2D ECAM window into my AAX installation.

The displays look pretty clear to me in high res screenshots.....

They are ok !

It's only when I zoom down to 0.60 for example, that I have difficulty to read.

Guy