Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Airbus X Extended

Still a few hints left! :P

- Without a CRZ FL in the MCDU there is neither a managed climb nor a managed descent. That's also why the message 'climb to cruise level' won't disappear.

- In initial v1.10 (without the HFs) the step DES was buggy, so the AAX would show some weird behaviour when "asked" to (managed) descent - your issue looks pretty similar due to the incomplete MCDU entries.

Suggestion: Next time put the flightplan in. Either

- depart from an "takeoff alternate" (a different airport nearby, included in the AAX database) or

- depart your airport, but put a known nearby airport as the departure A/P into the MCDU. You can DIR TO the AAX to your first waypoint after takeoff.

We'll nail this one sooner or later ...

Edit: sorry posted in the wrong topic (mods delete please)

Without a CRZ FL in the MCDU

Did put a 26k as the CRZ FL which what baffles me, and selected that ALT via the ALT knob. Am going to re-try the same flight again but as suggested with an alternate departure and will report back.

Will follow the other hints. Thanks.

How do you assign the throttle/thrust levers to the mouse wheel? Can someone please explain?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

How do you assign the throttle/thrust levers to the mouse wheel? Can someone please explain?

By typing  "CTRL-Y" . (or right click and then last option "use mouse")

It is also important to deassign at the same time  the thrust axis of your joystick ! (otherwise there will be synchronisation problems)

But by doing this, ALL the controls (elevator, ailerons, thrust) pass to the mouse. It is imho not possible to  transfer ONLY the thrust to the mouse.

BUT you can still use the joystick (or the keyboard) in parallel, so this way you can use the joystick or keyboard to steer the aircraft and the mousewheel to set thrust, if you like !

To be able to use the mouse to steer  the aircraft you must set AUTORUDDER on in FSX and also in the right Mcdu (Options/Flight see step by step manual page 28).

Using the mouse to set thrust works quite well with the airbus (I have tried) , but you must scroll a bit to set for example  Flex or toga thrust at take-off ! :rolleyes:

This is more easyy with the keyboard (F1-F4) .

Guy

Did put a 26k as the CRZ FL which what baffles me, and selected that ALT via the ALT knob. Am going to re-try the same flight again but as suggested with an alternate departure and will report back.

Will follow the other hints. Thanks.

That seems strange to me, too, as far as the menu bar message is concerned.

For the managed flight a fully preflighted MCDU is a must. You either fill in all the required data (including cost index, weights and stuff) or you have to revert to selected modes only (vertically at least) in flight: selected speed and OPen climb/descent.

Hi Oliver

Please take a look at the screenshot and please tell me what is going on. Pre-selected CL of 30k and there she is happily sailing, oin in this case, climbing well past that pre-selected CL. Either I am doing soemthing horribly wrong, adn I'll hold my hand up I could well be, or I'm stumped. Maybe a wizard like you will be able to discern the screenshot.

Setting an ALT for the DES and there she is still wanting to climb. Scratch head time!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Oliver

Please take a look at the screenshot and please tell me what is going on. Pre-selected CL of 30k and there she is happily sailing, oin in this case, climbing well past that pre-selected CL. Either I am doing soemthing horribly wrong, adn I'll hold my hand up I could well be, or I'm stumped. Maybe a wizard like you will be able to discern the screenshot.

Setting an ALT for the DES and there she is still wanting to climb. Scratch head time!

Thanks in advance.

Rick,

now in both your pictures the thrust mode is TOGA LK, (TakeOff/GoAround thrust set and LocKed) which means that your aircraft had been close to a stall and the automatic protection was still engaged.

Two thoughts on that:

- What might have happened after takeoff that made your AAX nearly stall?

- To get out of TOGA LK again, you have to 1) disengage the autothrottle (right click onto the switch) - 2) adjust your thrust levers (setting somewhere in the CLIMB range) - 3) re-engage your autothrottle (left click) - 4) check, re-adjust if necessary, your thrust lever position (make the thrust mode show CLIMB or CLB)

Rick,

now in both your pictures the thrust mode is TOGA LK, (TakeOff/GoAround thrust set and LocKed) which means that your aircraft had been close to a stall and the automatic protection was still engaged.

Two thoughts on that:

- What might have happened after takeoff that made your AAX nearly stall?

- To get out of TOGA LK again, you have to 1) disengage the autothrottle (right click onto the switch) - 2) adjust your thrust levers (setting somewhere in the CLIMB range) - 3) re-engage your autothrottle (left click) - 4) check, re-adjust if necessary, your thrust lever position (make the thrust mode show CLIMB or CLB)

Hi Oliver

Now that you have mentioned it, I did hear a warning sound about speed and att around 1000 ft I did move the throttle back until I heard Climb Thrust Mode and I left it it there for the rest of the climb. Maybe that's where the issue started and remained so even after I had set Climb Thrust, but thanks for your pointers. Will try your solutions it out right now. I'll get there, surely and slowly.

It's a lovely plane, well modelled and the built-in checklist and watching the actions taking place is amazing. Innovative to say the least.

Sure is: web browser MCDU and some other things. Aerosoft says it's mid-depth and about SOP operations, I'd say it's immersive and involving.

I've been a 2D panel dinosaur for long but the AAX VC view system is great.

I use FlightDeckCompanion with almost every aircraft, bought most of the Call! checklists by Feelthere but with the AAX, it's all included in the "base pack" (even RAAS).

Work the panels yourself and you'll be busy, or switch on your copilot to concentrate on "aviating and navigating" (and maybe "communicating", depending on your ATC stuff).

It looks good and it sounds good. Some interesting user tweaks are available, too. And an upcoming v1.20 will be released (some day ...) at no additional cost(!) for current users (TERR ON ND, among others).

It's a shame the product concept is fairly limited: Because within the "development envelope" it's pretty realistic and authentic.

BTW, Rick, we're very close to resolving your issue ...

(...) a warning sound about speed and att around 1000 ft (...)

Don't pitch up too much, try concentrating on the FlightDirector. (That's the thing that's supposed to direct your flight, lol!)

You can engage the AutoPilot easily at 200 ft AGL, for example. Makes things easier for a start. You may want to extend hand-flying time at a later stage. Let's get the automation working first and enjoy the show ...

Hi Oliver

Hallelujah ! At last, bingo. For some reason when I pushed the throttle  full on, the ATHR was kicking in. This time followed the FD, switched off the ATHR as per your instructions, pitched upto 1k via the FD, then powered back to hear the click for CLB THR, left it there. At 3k, kicked in the AP1, set the CRZ ALT, and as you can see from the screenshot, success, at last.

Hope the flooding in Germany is not affecting you. I cannot thank you enough for your perseverance and unbelieveable help you have rendered me.

Astounded to see such an aircraft offered with a built-in ala FS2Crew, innumerable repaints available to indulge in every favourite airline to add to your observations. I'm going to building a lot of time on this particular aircraft. All I now need is that TSS Soundset and I will have reached Utopia.

Hi Oliver

Hallelujah ! At last, bingo. For some reason when I pushed the throttle  full on, the ATHR was kicking in.

That's how an Airbus is supposed to work: On takeoff, as soon as the thrust levers are put into the FLEX or TOGA detent, Autothrottle kicks in - just as IRL!

This time followed the FD, switched off the ATHR as per your instructions,

No need to do that, as long as your thrust mode is climb. If it changes to TOGA LK, something went wrong, and the procedure (set thrust back to climb) would apply. Again, that's not necessary, if your climbout works fine.

pitched upto 1k via the FD, then powered back to hear the click for CLB THR, left it there. At 3k, kicked in the AP1, set the CRZ ALT, and as you can see from the screenshot, success, at last.

Hope the flooding in Germany is not affecting you.

It's really tough for people in the east and in the south of Germany. My western part is just fine. Thanks for bothering ...

I cannot thank you enough for your perseverance and unbelieveable help you have rendered me.

For my bank account details pls. refer to the PM I just sent you (just kidding!!!)

Astounded to see such an aircraft offered with a built-in ala FS2Crew,

That's the Aerosoft copilot simulation. There's also the FS2Crew RAAS included in the AAX base pack (works with AAX only). The 'official' FS2Crew AAX crew simulation is currently in beta-testing and will be sold (that's about extra money!) separately by Bryan York/FS2Crew.

innumerable repaints available to indulge in every favourite airline to add to your observations. I'm going to building a lot of time on this particular aircraft. All I now need is that TSS Soundset and I will have reached Utopia.

Start enjoying it. Enjoy like I've been doing so for months already!   :P 

Hi there.

Did they skip imperial system again with the last update? I was unable to find it anywhere. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Don't pitch up too much, try concentrating on the FlightDirector. (That's the thing that's supposed to direct your flight, lol!)

You can engage the AutoPilot easily at 200 ft AGL, for example. Makes things easier for a start. You may want to extend hand-flying time at a later stage. Let's get the automation working first and enjoy the show ...

It's ok for you guys to keep telling me to watch that instrument....but this aircraft (and the NGX) is so darn real that I cannot break the habit of staring out of the window.... :lol:

If I try and hand fly this bird it all goes awry because I'm staring out of the window at the scenery/clouds whatever...

It is a marvelous aircraft. I do not agree with what many are saying that it is not a high-end production due to its lack of failure modelling. It is high end IMO, and I'm having a ball with it.

I have the CH Yoke and pedals, and the T.16000M joystick, and I still would love to have the choice of keyboard control of the ailerons/elevator though at times when I fire up a short flight.

I think Aerosoft have done a great job on this aircraft. I fly both this aircraft and the NGX, and thoroughly enjoy both. :clapping:

Regards

Bill

• Upvote 1

Same here, Bill!

It's one of my finest birds in terms of graphics and sound, for example. (I fly my other planes from the 2D panels, though.)

I did a number of identical flights/approaches with both the AAX and the NGX - the 'managed' approaches of the AAX have reached some quality level, for sure (RNAV isn't yet fully supported, though).

BTW, autothrust, autotrim and things like that could actually help you looking out of the windows, Bill!!! (Try A/P off with F/D and ATHR on.)