Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

CCYZ Toronto Pearson Airport Beta Freeware Now Available!

To those of you who follow the fantastic and generous work of Chris K, he has now published a beta version of CCYZ Toronto Pearson airport to complement the rest of the fantastic Toronto scenery available. It looks amazing!!!

Get it here:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/files/file/471-cyyz-toronto-pearson-airport/

Cheers

Steve

That's some amazing work, look at the pic #3 on his page and tell me you don't feel like this is a real photo...don't care how good a FSX's 3PD add on is, I've never saw a "as real as it get" airport like CCYZ in FSX.

I'm still waiting to buy XP-10 as I don't want to buy another almost there/almost finish product, I'm not talking about some improvements here and there when a product is finished but what I'm looking for is a product who's not in beta stage anymore...and that include add on.

That's some amazing work, look at the pic #3 on his page and tell me you don't feel like this is a real photo...don't care how good a FSX's 3PD add on is, I've never saw a "as real as it get" airport like CCYZ in FSX.

I'm still waiting to buy XP-10 as I don't want to buy another almost there/almost finish product, I'm not talking about some improvements here and there when a product is finished but what I'm looking for is a product who's not in beta stage anymore...and that include add on.

I just installed it and can't believe how amazing it looks(still beta) and it only cost me $FREE.00 :lol:  bravo Christopher and to the International Scenery Development Group (ISDG)   and they even added a Tim Horton's coffee shop near the Airport :Cuppa:  :lol: 

this free scenery combined with the City Freeware Scenery blows everything away I have in P3D or FSX.  ChrisK and his devs can make a lot of $$$$ if they went "Payware".

I just installed it and can't believe how amazing it looks(still beta) and it only cost me $FREE.00 :lol:  bravo Christopher and to the International Scenery Development Group (ISDG)   and they even added a Tim Horton's coffee shop near the Airport :Cuppa:  :lol: 

That is indeed a good looking airport, I have a question....are the trees shadows following the position of the sun or are the shadows painted on the ground and not moving like another big 3PD we know does in FSX?

That is indeed a good looking airport, I have a question....is the trees shadow following the position of the sun or are the shadows painted on the ground and not moving like another big 3PD we know does in FSX?

xp10 has many shadow settings...not just 1...they do move with Sun :good:

xp10 has many shadow settings...not just 1...they do move with Sun :good:

Good to know that developers for XP-10 do not cut in the immersion factor to make their sceneries more FPS friendly as some do in FSX by not following the SDK.

Good to know that developers for XP-10 do not cut in the immersion factor to make their sceneries more FPS friendly as some do in FSX by not following the SDK.

it's because xp10 uses 100% your GPU plus every other part of your PC.

Beautiful.Chris's work is high quality,so lucky it's freeware.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Very nice.  Too bad though that I am at taxi around the airport at 3-7 FPS... :(

This brought my system to its knees, ...

Very nice. Too bad though that I am at taxi around the airport at 3-7 FPS...

This brought my system to its knees, ...

That's really strange. I am getting excellent FPS whereas before in Toronto with the other city add-ons I was getting really low FPS. I think Chris mentioned they changed some of the objects in the city in the developer notes. Maybe this has improved my fps.

Anwyway, I can say it looks awesome and great performance for me so far. The quality reminds me of Orbx YMML. The city actually looks like a real city now espcieally with the awesome photo scenery underlying the autogen and custom buildings. And the HDR lighting is breathtaking!

Just FYI. It's CYYZ. Enjoy!

Whoops! I've only just noticed that now. That mistake is the result of a long day at work! :rolleyes:

That's really strange. I am getting excellent FPS whereas before in Toronto with the other city add-ons I was getting really low FPS. I think Chris mentioned they changed some of the objects in the city in the developer notes. Maybe this has improved my fps.

Anwyway, I can say it looks awesome and great performance for me so far. The quality reminds me of Orbx YMML. The city actually looks like a real city now espcieally with the awesome photo scenery underlying the autogen and custom buildings. And the HDR lighting is breathtaking!

For myself, without dumbing down any of my settings which brings me 30 FPS in most areas, yeah...around the airport (which is one piece of work! :)) I chunk and crawl along.  Once airborne, and over the city proper around 3,500 FT, I get up to only about 14-16 FPS.  If I shoot the approach for the harbor airport, I get 16-18 FPS.  I did not try a night flight, and do always choose to run with HDR on, so will fire up a night flight today to see what it looks like.