Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

CCYZ Toronto Pearson Airport Beta Freeware Now Available!

For myself, without dumbing down any of my settings which brings me 30 FPS in most areas, yeah...around the airport (which is one piece of work! :)) I chunk and crawl along. Once airborne, and over the city proper around 3,500 FT, I get up to only about 14-16 FPS. If I shoot the approach for the harbor airport, I get 16-18 FPS. I did not try a night flight, and do always choose to run with HDR on, so will fire up a night flight today to see what it looks like.

Post Edit 1: Well, I had my 'personal default' textures set to EXTREME, and even on my system, could not support it. I set it down to 'high', and immediately came up to a usable 18 to 20 FPS. So, I merely had to tone down my texture choice. Actually, because it is so texture 'busy' down there, that Toronto looked better at the 'lower' texture settings than at the highest. Personal opinion in play, of course.

Post Edit 2: Well, well....taking the textures mask down to either 'high' or at the most, 'very high', did the trick. I could keep everything else I normally run with the same. HDR night approaches are simply AMAZING within this scenery! Night taxi at CYYZ has some of the most realistic night lighting that I have ever seen in a sim. Building structures like WestJet, Federal Express, etc...look so dang real...you have to stop shaking your head in 'simulation disbelief'!!! Freeware? Holy sh*t, but have they raised the bar for payware offerings....man, Chris has put a 'sweat on ' for those guys n' gals, lol! If this is a beta...oh boy....what will the RTSF (release to sim fanatics) offering be like? :)

Mitch

A388_6_zps15575c88.png

A388_5_zps31352429.png

A388_7_zps8294af54.png

A388_8_zpsf4bda598.png

ChrisK is a genius at scenery....he improved everything around CYYZ and the Airport...Laminar should hire him :lol:

A388_4_zps65e8c1f8.png

A388_3_zps84b0561b.png

pics were taken with "very high textures, no HDR"

A388_6_zps15575c88.png

A388_5_zps31352429.png

A388_7_zps8294af54.png

A388_8_zpsf4bda598.png

ChrisK is a genius at scenery....he improved everything around CYYZ and the Airport...Laminar should hire him :lol:

A388_4_zps65e8c1f8.png

A388_3_zps84b0561b.png

pics were taken with "very high textures, no HDR"

Five, if you have a system around my peer, then you should be able to run with 'Very High' as well as HDR, set to its mid-range 4xxx) AA settings. I can whip around CYYZ and environs, with the above at around 20-22 FPS. That has proved enough FPS to give you a smooth animation. Water is at extreme as always. I need my water fix. BTW, speaking about water...I have not been able to find a dedicated XPX float plane. I would like a G.A. Cessna high wing product such as I have for FS9/FSX by Carenado. I'm going to go to the Carenado site as soon as I post this to make sure that I did not miss a float-plane G.A. anything for XPX. Try HDR on, with mid settings and set yourself up for a 3 mile-out approach and make sure you have a pillow on the desktop, so as to not bruise your jawbone..... :))))))))

The Carenado 172 comes with floats also. At the moment though, it's waiting for the 64 bit update.

Five, if you have a system around my peer, then you should be able to run with 'Very High' as well as HDR, set to its mid-range 4xxx) AA settings. I can whip around CYYZ and environs, with the above at around 20-22 FPS. That has proved enough FPS to give you a smooth animation. Water is at extreme as always. I need my water fix. BTW, speaking about water...I have not been able to find a dedicated XPX float plane. I would like a G.A. Cessna high wing product such as I have for FS9/FSX by Carenado. I'm going to go to the Carenado site as soon as I post this to make sure that I did not miss a float-plane G.A. anything for XPX. Try HDR on, with mid settings and set yourself up for a 3 mile-out approach and make sure you have a pillow on the desktop, so as to not bruise your jawbone..... :))))))))

I have 4 PC's in my home but at the time of the pics I was testing out CYYZ on my kid's PC :good: I love HDR on or off...depending on my mood :lol:  All my PC's have good NVIDIA cards...660, 670 and two 680's.

The Carenado 172 comes with floats also. At the moment though, it's waiting for the 64 bit update.

Oh..it does?  Well, I guess I could be talked into firing up the 32 bit route to land it on the water.......I'll take a look. Thanks!

I have 4 PC's in my home but at the time of the pics I was testing out CYYZ on my kid's PC :good: I love HDR on or off...depending on my mood :lol:  All my PC's have good NVIDIA cards...660, 670 and two 680's.

'...depending on my mood'.....   I have never tried a night flight without HDR on....I might have to turn it off and take out a 22:00 hour flight to see what you meant about 'moods' being involved... :)