Sign in to follow this  
Stumpwiz

No Flight on Xbox One

Do Flight or FSX run on the current Xbox?

I highly doubt it! 

You can... if you can change some of the code and copy it onto a disc that supports X-Box

Why would you want Flight to be on the Xbox One in the first place? 

Consoles aren't flight sim material, they're more like RPG type systems. 

Although I do consider MSF as an arcade type game :P

The only reason MS couldn't put Flight on the Xbox One would be lack of demand (at least in their eyes). If you check out the specs of the Xbox One, and PS4 too, they look an awful lot like a PC. No custom PowerPC based CPUs or limited amount of RAM this time around. All you would need are some USB or wireless aircraft style controls (which I'm sure we've all seen around somewhere before, at least the wired USB kind).

All that was lacking in Flight was content, on both the aircraft and scenery fronts.

Do Flight or FSX run on the current Xbox?

No, why do you need to ask? Everyone here knows they don't run on the current Xbox, but this has little or no relevance to what could be possible with the new one.

you can only buy games online through xbox and sony,so no more getting the best value by shopping around ,no more second hand games

This would be good if this were the case, but from what I understand of the XBox One is that they will still be shipping games like COD on Blueray but you will be required to enter a one-time code which locks it into your system. If you want to let a friend borrow your game they might have to pay a fee to play the game ... which is blasphemy as far as I'm concerned. 

No, why do you need to ask?

Because the OP raised the point that flight simulation wasn't mentioned when Microsoft announced the new Xbox. Neither FSX nor Flight ran on the  old Xbox so why expect them to run on the new one.

Anyway, as far as Microsoft is concerned both simulations are history. surely?

not true since Flight is still supported and alive

not true since Flight is still supported and alive

Yes it is!

Microsoft stopped development of Flight in July of last year. I suggest that it is history as far as Microsoft is concerned.

Yes, there is no new content from Microsoft at this time. With the exception of user submitted aerocaches, I would call that support. They will also help with problems, I call that support also. Oh yes, many repaints are appearing from fellow simmers as well. Never say never dude. Things are starting to happen. This platform is way to good and too much fun to just give up on. 250 hours and counting. I am here every day and I am not alone.

Because the OP raised the point that flight simulation wasn't mentioned when Microsoft announced the new Xbox. Neither FSX nor Flight ran on the old Xbox so why expect them to run on the new one.

Not sure that anyone here was seriously expecting them to being Flight to the Xbox One. However, as I pointed out above, the previous consoles were so different on the hardware side that porting FSX would have been a massive project. Probably would have ended up being a complete re-write. With the Xbox One and Flight, the hardware is very similar to a PC making porting between the two much easier. The Xbox One even uses the Windows kernel and a specialized version of Microsoft's Hyper-V hypervisor alongside the Xbox OS.

The only real issue stopping Flight from appearing on the Xbox One is Microsoft not seeing enough demand to put the work in.

The only real issue stopping Flight from appearing on the Xbox One is Microsoft not seeing enough demand to put the work in.

That issue's  very persuasive  and supports the view that Flight's history as far a Microsoft is concerned.

I'm thinking, it would be nice if Microsoft resurrected Flight and also ported it to the Xbox One. The hardware is good enough to run it, and you can control the plane with the Xbox 360 controller (I guess the same applies to the Xbox One controller). It would bring the game to a whole new audience (what Microsoft wants) and Flight would become alive with new content again (what we want).

I guess this would not be as good as getting FS11, but since that's very unlikely, getting Flight back would be better that nothing. I hope that Microsoft considers this.

it would be nice if Microsoft resurrected Flight and also ported it to the Xbox One

Forget the Xbox controller! You should be shamed into using the Kinetic 2.

In order to fly a plane you would need to spread your arms and run around the room yelling Zoom Zoom Zoom to get the plane to fly.

Come to think of it this would probably be really popular with little kids. 

More likely to see something like Ace Combat, or even War Thunder.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5