Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

MS Flight size

I was checking Microsoft Flight page and in the recommended specs it shows as 30gb so I wonder why did they write that. I tried it before and it takes very small size in hdd and there are limited amount of DLC that can be added to the game through the store so is that a mistake or they were planning it to be like FSX?

I wonder if that's a misprint. I checked my program files and it is 2.57 GB. This does not include the files in my document folder which might take it up close to 3 GB.

Wonder if what you're see should be 3.0 GB?

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

My DLC folder is over 6-7gb with the repaints installed. The DLC folder is what they were using as a mod or add-on folder.

• CPU: Dual Core 3.0 GHz

GPU: 1024 MB ATI Radeon HD 5670 or 1024 MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800 GT or equivalent

HD: 30 GB hard drive space

RAM: 6.0GB

• CPU: Dual Core 3.0 GHz
  • GPU: 1024 MB ATI Radeon HD 5670 or 1024 MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800 GT or equivalent
  • HD: 30 GB hard drive space
  • RAM: 6.0GB

OK. Now I'm confused. Were you asking about the disk required to store Flight, or were you asking about the machine capability to run it?

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

It's the recommended requirements. At that point, they planned to have a lot more DLC released for Flight.

Programs usually overestimate the amount of hard drive space required in the requirements.  This is especially true for downloaded titles because it often requires downloading a compressed version, uncompressing, and then installs, so it is possible the disk space required during the installation is much larger than the post-installation size.

I think in the case of Flight we didn't know the exact size so we just picked a big number.