Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Bought my 1st GA PLANE by Carenado

I've got that one too, as well as their Seneca :-)

Looking fwd for the new versions...

I believe that I prefer the default Baron 58 now, in 10.21, flightmodel-wise. At least it is more consistent in terms of trim tab settings, etc...  Graphically the Carenado model wins easily, of course...

The default C90 is also very good now in 10.21, IMO.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Love The Baron,The sounds are really great.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Yep-when the final updates come the Baron and Vtail ( which is pretty much all I simulate with though I own lots of others) it will be great.

Yep-when the final updates come the Baron and Vtail ( which is pretty much all I simulate with though I own lots of others) it will be great.

the graphics, textures, sounds and flight model are amazing!  love the animated creepy pilots :lol: the co-pilot is actually cute :P  :lol:

I own the Baron but Version 2 models are fully 64 bit compatible. My favorite is the Archer, the best sound I have ever heard in a GA aircraft, must be heard. Fun and easy to fly aircraft, although I am not familiar with the flight characteristics of this airplane.

I own the Baron but Version 2 models are fully 64 bit compatible. My favorite is the Archer, the best sound I have ever heard in a GA aircraft, must be heard. Fun and easy to fly aircraft, although I am not familiar with the flight characteristics of this airplane.

I have the archer V2  Nice plane I like it a lot,  I did tweak it a bit because at high throttle it required heavy left rudder.  From what I could find this is not correct behavior 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I have the archer V2  Nice plane I like it a lot,  I did tweak it a bit because at high throttle it required heavy left rudder.  From what I could find this is not correct behavior 

But that is GREAT to know!!!! It's supposed to require left rudder yes!!!! No aileron required? What did they do?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

But that is GREAT to know!!!! It's supposed to require left rudder yes!!!!

Depends on what Mike means by "heavy".  I've got quite a bit of PA28 time (Warriors, Archers, Arrows and owned and flew a Turbo Arrow IV), and none of them required what I would describe as "heavy" left rudder in climb.

Scott

Archer......should be moderate right rudder on takeoff roll & climb. Wouldn't be using left rudder in cruise. The Archers do have a rudder trim knob, down under the panel.

Yes of course, right rudder on takeoff / climb...

The left rudder may well result from the fact that some aircraft designers have to use cross-trim settings (right wing down / nose left) to overcome the "torque bug" :-/

When I first read Mike's message, I interpreted the left as right :-/ sorry...

Main Simulation Rig:

I bought their A36 but it no worky in 64bit... :(

Waiting for 10.3 patch

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |