Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pegger74

Air Traffic Control Tower Sim Pit

So we've all seen countless pictures from various enthusiasts with their sim pit setups, everything from the most basic of setups to full on integration of real aircraft nose sections taking up entire garages. They always fascinate me and I think that with the exception of have a real aircraft to use, it would be the most immersive way to enjoy the simulation hobby.

But my question is this...

Has anyone ever done a homebuilt control tower sim pit? I envision wrap around screens looking out the windows, and large radar scopes. Maybe a pair of VR goggles to simulate binoculars. I know there are a large number of sim ATC enthusiasts out there, but not sure I've ever heard of anyone trying to immerse themselves with a sim control tower.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow, that would be an undertaking. Don't think I've ever seen  an ATCPit. The few Vatsim controller video I've seen only show very modest setups.

I saw some pretty impressive photos of VATSIM event control rooms. Projectors, 20+ stations, strips, staff, and all other ATC stuff. You can try to search VATSIM vacc forums to find those photos if you are curious.