Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Gallagher

Not working with some addon aircraft

I understand MCE is supposed to work with Captain Sim 727 and Coolsky DC-9?  When I speak to Trav and give him a command, for example, "window heat on" the window heat switches don't move.  I have this problem with several other addon aircraft and MCE.  It works great with the NGX, Md11 etc but shouldn't it work the same with all aircraft that MCE says it is compatible with? 

Hi Phil, I have it working fully with the DC-9. Window Heat is one of the items the First Officer performs in the "Before Start Procedure" so it is definitely modelled.

I cannot remember the exact command but even Window Heat On should work. You can go into the script yourself, select Before Start Procedure and you can see a list of the commands that the First Officer is reading, it will give you an indication of what he needs to hear, although the beauty of MCE is that you are not restricted to one set of commands, he listens to a variety of options.

I understand MCE is supposed to work with Captain Sim 727 and Coolsky DC-9?  When I speak to Trav and give him a command, for example, "window heat on" the window heat switches don't move.  I have this problem with several other addon aircraft and MCE.  It works great with the NGX, Md11 etc but shouldn't it work the same with all aircraft that MCE says it is compatible with? 

The CoolSky DC-9 is fully supported since version 2.5.3.5. Just make sure you have the latest version.

As for Captain Sim aircraft the only ones supported so far are CS767 and CS757.

MCE tries to interact with non-supported aircraft via the MS SDK interface. You may get the gear, flaps and radio tuning working via voice, but that's about it. In cases where the whole aircraft is coded using the standard FSX (or FS9) tokens, everything will work, but that's a rare occurrence with complex add-ons.

The good news, both CS 727 and CS 777 have been works in progress for some time and are expected to be fully supported by July-August time frame.

They would have been supported by now were it not for the advent of the Majestic Q400 which now takes priority.

There are currently about 20 fully supported aircraft. Yes folks, all in one package, and all interfaced to a level you never suspected was possible. 

PMDG 737 NGX

PMDG MD-11

PMDG 747

PMDG J41

iFly 737 NG

Level-D 767

Aerosoft Airbus X

Quality Wings 757

Quality Wings BAe146

Simcheck A300B4

Feelthere ERJ 135 & 145

Feelthere Embraer 170 & 175

Feelthere Legacy

CoolSky DC-9

Captain Sim 767

Captain Sim 757

Wilco Airbus Vol 1

Wilco Airbus Vol 2

Ariane 737X

• Upvote 1

I've seen several posts here saying the only CS aircraft that MCE works with are the 757 and 767. Interestingly enough, it works fine on the 707, 727 and 777 for me. Nothing, however, on the 757. Best I can do is get it to work on the Just Flight freemium version.

I've seen several posts here saying the only CS aircraft that MCE works with are the 757 and 767. Interestingly enough, it works fine on the 707, 727 and 777 for me. Nothing, however, on the 757. Best I can do is get it to work on the Just Flight freemium version.

Currently supported Catian Sim aircraft

B777

B767

B757

B727 (including simulated flight engineer)

B707 (including simulated flight engineer)

C130X is expected to be next sometime in March 2015

Go to \Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\ folder

For 767 you need a dll named "mccs76X.dll"

For 757 need a dll named "mccs75X.dll"

Without those in that folder, MCE would interface them via the "mcgeneric.dll" dll, and very little will happen in the cockpit.

All in all, with latest release, you should have 33 dlls in <MCE dlls> folder.

If not, something must be wrong with your installation.