Sign in to follow this  
sloppysmusic

NGX Cavern Landing (TRAINING THREAD)

http://sloppysmusic.imgur.com/

still trying to get the hang of this...sigh...

this is too big right?

anyone know how i can embed from an imgur album or photo?

if this was actually i could start posting a bunch...

oh its 1920 width so guess its a no no..i actually do pro video and photography and  1920x1080 is the standard for 1080p resolution...is there anyway the width limit could be increased to 1920 to allow for perfect display on 1080p resolution which i reckon most simmers use for there display these days?

..i asked this direct earlier

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Nice, but you don't show how it all ended ! :rolleyes:

Guy

i do! :) look in 737 album in the imgur link. didnt want post anymore in case my post deleted.. takeoff pix there too :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

As long as they're hosted elsewhere I don't think it matters anymore.  Nice shots.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Ahhh the wonders of FSX (as in, I wonder why they did that).  If you average this with the occasional "aircraft carrier" landing I suppose you're landing on level land over all.

You're a bit high on the glide slope there ;)

Interesting pic!

You're a bit high on the glide slope there ;)

Interesting pic!

first time i found this place (after installing fs genesis) was at end of a foggy night flight thru the Andes during an ILS approach.. everything was smooth except at decision height when i could clearly see the ground but no runway.. then i saw thd the underground landing lights and it was both magical and comical... landed fine after a last second swoop!

As long as they're hosted elsewhere I don't think it matters anymore. Nice shots.

thanks mate well the gallery is hosted elsewhere but the screen shot is uploaded... i batch convert from bmp to jpg but sizes still 1920 x 1080 and as there are a LOT of them I dont really want multiple degraded quality copies of them on computer..so i just posted this one example

Posted Image

... seeing if i can post an embedded image using tapatalk

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hello Russell,

In the interest of training, I'm going to keep your image on the forum.  It is however an "illegal" image.  Why?  Because you have posted the image on the AVSIM servers and it is larger than the maximum allowed.  Not only is the size (1920 x 1080) larger than the 1600 pixels allowed, but the total pixels (weight) is 678 KB.  AVSIM's maximum is 400KB.

By far, the easiest solution is hosting your images at a third party site and linking the image back to your AVSIM post.  Then the image can be any size (although I might insert a caution if it is over 1MB).

I think your confusion is how to link a single image back to AVSIM from your chosen 3rd party host, in this case IMGUR.  It is not sufficient to link to your account, you must link to your image.  Most third party image hosting sites have a simple "click to save" feature for each image.  I'm not sure about IMGUR.  If necessary, you can manually link the image by using the following syntax:

[url=http://YOUR IMAGE URL]

If IMGUR doesn't have the automatic "click to save" function for image linking, I would recommend using a different host site, such as photobucket, since manually linking the image can become frustrating.

For this thread only, we'll skip the normal PM conversation and keep additional questions on this thread.

I feel you genuinely desire to learn the proper methods, and I hope this helps.

Also, that's a bizarre image :)

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I think your confusion is how to link a single image back to AVSIM from your chosen 3rd party host, in this case IMGUR. It is not sufficient to link to your account, you must link to your image. Most third party image hosting sites have a simple "click to save" feature for each image. I'm not sure about IMGUR. If necessary, you can manually link the image by using the following syntax:

thank you so much! i just figured it out using my tablet insert image and now i can see the code it used and your concise html code example consider me educated!

.. i can now go back and replace the first image with a legal one.. but am holding off doing so in case you want me to just leave it be this time to make sense of the training post... here is thd correct way to do it now im sure:

http://i.imgur.com/68l3nHph.jpg

thank you so much! i just figured it out using my tablet insert image and now i can see the code it used and your concise html code example consider me educated!

.. i can now go back and replace the first image with a legal one.. but am holding off doing so in case you want me to just leave it be this time to make sense of the training post... here is thd correct way to do it now im sure:

didnt work arggghh did this one work?

i see now tapatalk inserted IMG at beginning of link for some bizarre reason.. ok lets try do it again then manually edit the link in tt

68l3nHph.jpg

.. hmm now it put IMG at both ends of link using INSERT IMAGE command.. not editing so i can see what it looks like

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

[url=http://i.imgur.com/PbAJyID.jpg]

forget tapatalk its just posting garbage with no resemblance to what I enter....the above is my first manual insert back on a real computer using the recommended syntax

sorry everyone once more i FAILED even though i tried to follow the following admin syntax exactly

:(

I think your confusion is how to link a single image back to AVSIM from your chosen 3rd party host, in this case IMGUR.  It is not sufficient to link to your account, you must link to your image.  Most third party image hosting sites have a simple "click to save" feature for each image.  I'm not sure about IMGUR.  If necessary, you can manually link the image by using the following syntax:

[url=http://YOUR IMAGE URL]

If IMGUR doesn't have the automatic "click to save" function for image linking, I would recommend using a different host site, such as photobucket, since manually linking the image can become frustrating.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

r1q92NL.jpg

i did it!!

:D

airport is SKCL - just went there again to be sure

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

What airport is that?

SKCL Cali Columbia with FS Genesis