Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

Creating A Default Flight Not Working... Help anyone??!!

Guest Aidi

Hi Guys,Here is a strange problem that I have encounterd. Not sure when it happened or how, but its starting to become annoying now.When i create a flight and then save it and putting a check in the "make this the default flight" for some reason it reverts back to the simulator default flight when i restart the sim.Having it set to Seattle in the Cessna every time i restart the sim is becoming an irritant now!!Looking at the Fs9.cfg, i noticed that it is not writing the path of "my documents" in the situation line, however the the when i do save a flight it does create the .flt and .wx in the Flight Simulator Files in My documents.Anyone know how to possibly fix this? CheersAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest mkuebeler

>When i create a flight and then save it and putting a check in>the "make this the default flight" for some reason it reverts>back to the simulator default flight when i restart the sim.I seem to be experiencing this as well. I created a flight for cold and dark cockpit and saved it as default, which in the past resulted in any newly created flight starting cold & dark, but next time into FS9 the flight started with everything powered up. I reloaded the cold and dark flight (made it default again), ended flight, then created another flight and it started cold and dark. Will see what happens on next flight now.Mark Kuebeler

Guest bobsk8

Having the same problem. Was there ever a solution for this

Guest pbn

I ran into a similar problem a few weeks ago. One of my saved flights became corrupt, which resulted in a CTD every time i tried to use either select flight or save flight. I didn't bother search for the corrupt file (had alot of saved flights :-) )I deleted all the files in the folder with my saved flights, of course I got an error message when I started the sim. I tried saving a file and making it the default, it didn't work, I got the error message every time i loaded the sim. At last I saved a flight and called "default" and now it worked, so I guess you should make a backup of you default.flt (and weather file as well) and then save your new scenario with the name "default"CheersPeter

Same Here!It does not send me back to the MS default flight at KSEA, but it will not let me change the default flight I had chosen before I installed the patch.Hope MS addresses this.RTH

Guest RonB49

It started happening to me about four weeks ago but I had read, on another thread in this forum, that it was happening to others before that. It must be some thing that we've all downloaded. The last thing that I remember downloading before it started was Lonny Paine's 757 panel with the Fs9 updates and two 757's (Mike Stone and Posky). R-EDIT to add: Oh and I added USA Roads at about the same time too. And Bob F (below), I have the patch installed now but this started before the patch. R-

Guest mike_cyul

I'm one of the ones that had this happen a while ago (there's a thread about it somewhere). A bunch of us where having the same problem. It turned out to be one of the sceneries that had been downloaded.I suggest you deactivate your sceneries one by one, and see if the problem goes away.Mike F.

I've had this problem since FS2k4 first came out (I bought a copy of the sim right after it's release in August 2003)... I don't remember seeing a solution for this....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi all,I too ran into this problem. I got it solved by editing the FS9.CFG file manualy. I searched for the line SITUATION= and removed everything after the = sign. I started FS, made and saved a new default flight. Since then my default is working again. I must admit I did not try the change it again after this action. So it could be a one time solution that has to be done each time you want to change your default flight. Two more things, my SITUATION= line looked perfectly fine to me before I edited it... Second, you might want to make sure there is only one FS9.CFG file on your drive. Although I have never seen more than one, I did read something about this 'somewhere, sometime'. Good luck!

Guest Aidi

To add further to the mystery, last night i uninstalled all my addons, completly blew away my fs2004, formatted the drive that it sits on and did a compelete reinstall. Prior to the re-install i did quite a deep search through the registry to delete any references to fs2004/microsoft games fs9.0 etc.Prior to installing any addons or the 9.1 patch i tested saving a few flights, but it did not fix it. No matter what i did it would always revert back to the default fs2004 flight.Seems like there is something out there which is affecting this, and its either a 3rd party product, or another bit of software.The only way I have found of making a flight that will start in a situation of my choice is to manually put the path of where the flights are kept, and adding the name of the situation to the end of it an copying the link to the fs9.cfg.An annoying problem which no apparent answer!!RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest bobsk8

The problem that I am experiencing is that when I select default flight, it doesn't seem to save anything. Therefore, when I restart FS9 I always have to select one of the saved flights and of course the time and date reverts back to the time that the saved flight was saved. One question I have is, when starting FS9 should the Default flight automatically load or do you still have to hit the Fly Now Button? If you do have to hit the Fly Now button, whjat do you have highlighted when you hit the button, in the select a flight menu?