Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

Creating A Default Flight Not Working... Help anyone??!!

Guest RonB49

"One question I have is, when starting FS9 should the Default flight automatically load or do you still have to hit the Fly Now Button?"Hi Bob,I think that if you look under Options>Settings>General, that you will find a checkbox captioned "Show opening screen" or similar wording. Uncheck that box and it should load the selected situation directly. R-

Guest flight

Hey all. I started having this problem almost 4 months ago, and have been watching this forum hopefully to get an answer. I finally decided to share when I started having the problem, to hopefully narrow down what is causing this. With me it started when I was downloading the flight adventures that "Bear" had uploaded to the Avsim library. I also downloaded all the aircraft he suggested be used in those flights. One aircraft was a helicopter. Everytime I tried to start the flight it was associated with, it would sink into the ground and crash. I tried several times to load this flight and the only way I finally got it to load was to hit the slew button immediately after the flight loaded. I finally got it to work. So after that problem I decided to take off all the aircraft and adventures, but when I went to remove two of the aircraft (they had their own uninstall commands) the uninstall menu for FS9 would come up and ask if I was sure I wanted to uninstall FS9. I'd check "cancel" try to uninstall the aircraft again from it's uninstall menu, and again, FS9 screen would come up (the one that comes up when you uninstall FS9) and ask me if I wanted to take fs9 off. Frustrated, I finally went ahead and uninstalled FS9, manually deleted the aircraft, manually removed it from the add/remove list, and reinstalled FS9. I still cannot save a flight as the default flight. I believe something has been done to my registry from all this that still is preventing me from saving a default flight.Please understand. This is not some of us just forgetting to check the "make this flight the default flight" choice. It's quite simple to understand the procedure to make this work from within the FS9 menus. You name your flight, check the little square to make it the default flight, click on save, and that's it!I like to start my flight without having to go through the start-up screen, and for reality and weather downloads, having the correct time as it really is outside, and not having to go to the heavy-scenery-laden-takes-forever-to-load-on-my-poor-lil-computer seattle default save from Microsoft. Hope this helps. I really would appreciate this problem solved. Thanx.

Guest bobsk8

>"One question I have is, when starting FS9 should the Default>flight automatically load or do you still have to hit the Fly>Now Button?">>Hi Bob,>>I think that if you look under Options>Settings>General, that>you will find a checkbox captioned "Show opening screen" or>similar wording. Uncheck that box and it should load the>selected situation directly. R-The Options/Settings/General does not have that option under it, so it looks like you always have to load the flight by hitting the load button.Anyway, I solved my Time/Date problem. Here is what I found out. There is a file for each saved flight in My documents/Flight simulator files/Name of saved flight ( mine shows an airplane logo next to the name on an XP system) . Open this file with notepad after switching notepad to all files. You will see what looks like a config file for the flight. One of the brackets for data is (timedate season) and under that is the time and date and season that you saved the flight. That is what loads up whenever you load the flight, causing you to have to reset everything, if you want the current time and date from your system. All you have to do is delete all that info and then resave the file as allfiles rather than txt. Now whenever you load that flight you will get the current system time and date for your PC. If you resave this flight in FS9 , you will go back to the fixed date in that file and will be back to square one.

Guest hoghead

I ran into the same problem. I tried something a little different. Once I set up what I wanted to save as a "default" flight, I used the top menu bar and clicked file, save flight, make default, and it worked. I was surprised but it worked. John Franklin

Guest brad_s

I have been following this thread because since updating FS9 with the patch I couldn't save a new default flight either. Since no one came up with a solution that worked for me, I decided to do the following:First, I deleted all My Flights except the one I saved that I wanted to use. Next I looked into DriveDocuments and SettingsUser nameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9, and discovered 2-FS9 CFG files, one titled FS9orgnew, and the other FS9.I then sent both of them to the recycle bin, started FS9, reconfigured all my settings, chose the saved flight I wanted as my default flight, closed then reopened FS9 and it worked.Now all I need to do is try to set my default flight up to load system time and I'll be set.I hope this will help all those that are having problems with saving a flight and making it the default flight.Kind Regards,Brad StreeterKKLS

Guest brad_s

Using bobsk8's remedy for the date /time stamp has now got me up and running with the default flight I want and the date and time as system time. I am now a happy camper..........er simmer:-laugh1 Kind Regards,Brad StreeterKKLS

Guest EdrickV

Can't say I've had this problem (fortunately) but it occurs to me that maybe Flightsim isn't removing the FS9.cfg file when it's uninstalled. (Remember, there is one that is stored outside the FS9 main folder.) Since deleting it worked for you, maybe that is what is screwing things up for other people. To my knowledge there is no default flight related data in the registry."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest LLgaz

I've also been having this problem for a few months now.....before SP2 and before the FS9.1 patch. There was no warning.......it just simply started happening. Also, it doesn't matter whether its a virgin install of FS or whether I have addons installed. A few months ago there was a small thread about it.I've basically given up on it. I only need to save a default if I delete my FS9.cfg anyway, which doesn't happen often.Good luck finding a solution.

Guest David Lee 2

I've had this problem off and on. Someone once had me delete the cfg file and start over and that worked but now I have too much stuff in my cfg file to want to go that route. Instead I have the name of the default file correct in the cfg file (I use del.flt - my initials). Then I make sure to save every default flight under that name. Not perfect but works.David

I too had this problem. This cured it for me. I set the situation I wanted, clicked "save this flight" gave it a name and ticked the "make this the default" box, then shut fs down. On restarting, at the create a flight screen I clicked "save flight" clicked on the one I'd saved and ticked the "make this the default" box. It now starts at this situation every time.Russell

Save a flight. Then open that same flight and click the 'default flight' box. Should as your default flight next time when you start FS.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"