Sign in to follow this  
CrewF16

Highest Quality AC

In your opinion (other than PMDG) who has the next best quality add on and what aircraft is it. What makes it so good? Maybe you think it is better than PMDG? I know the work that PMDG has done has caused a lot of other companies to start to re-think the way they are producing products, but so far I have not seen any that I would consider worthy. I mean I really do not need to adjust my seat if it does not change my view. Maybe I have missed some.

What do you think?
Thanks,
Ron

What about FSLabs and MJC Q400?

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

I don't believe that the PMDG forum is the place to ask about competitors' product.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I don't believe that the PMDG forum is the place to ask about competitors' product.

Agreed with Richard, this doens't seem very appropriate here.

I can see where the post is coming from (if I'm assuming correctly, anyway).  If I'm looking for more quality products, one way of figuring out what other quality products I would like would be to ask customers of a known quality product.

I like PMDG products.  I trust those who own PMDG products to appreciate good quality.  I ask others if they have experience with other products.  I also buy those products.

While it's partially a compliment to PMDG, I do question whether or not it should be here.

Kyle Rodgers

If you like general aviation, RealAir has some incredible aircraft... mainly their Turbine Duke and Legacy.  Baytower makes an excellent RV7.  Aerosoft's Diamond Katana 4x is extremely systems deep.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If we are talking NOT airliners:

-A2A have some insanely good warbirds out, and also one non-warbird oldtimer, and one 737 with a twist (that is, 377). Very worth it if you like piston engines. Invest also in Accusim, well worth it. They are also going to release some GA piston singles (very much looking forward, especially as I plan to start my PPL soon - and what could be better to train for flying in a beat up 172 than flying in a beat up 172...)

-Lotus L-39 is about as good a representation of a jet trainer as it gets. Now if there was an original cockpit texture set (in Czech)...

If we are talking airliners:

-Leonardo Fly the Maddog is a very, very good product, especially on the system level. Graphically, it shows age... otherwise, excellent choice.

-Majestic Dash 8... a new kid on the block, but what a kid...

i havent seen FSL's a/c,but drom the things i heard about it and according to i am a airbus man,i think FSL Will take the first place,not now

but in second place,PMDG and MJC are.PMDG because of NGX,J41 and 777;and we all know about MJC.but MJC did a great job,i know he went for a smaller bird and a bit easier work,but he shined at the First met!so,here's my rank:

1-[i guess] FSL

2-PMDG && MJC

3-Digital aviation(indeed only because of Fokker)

4-CeraSim and DodoSim are great in helico's areas

5-VRS(tacpack and SuperBug)

k-1(k-->+infinite) - CaptainSim

k - Aerosoft

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air

I can see where the post is coming from (if I'm assuming correctly, anyway).  If I'm looking for more quality products, one way of figuring out what other quality products I would like would be to ask customers of a known quality product.

I like PMDG products.  I trust those who own PMDG products to appreciate good quality.  I ask others if they have experience with other products.  I also buy those products.

Same here.

If PMDG products are your main "thing", then it makes sense to ask others who feel the same way what else interests them and they find of similar quality. While I haven't asked the OP's question here (or anywhere), a lot of the other addons I use (scenery, aircraft) I only purchased because I had seen fellow "PMDG'ers" talk about them in high regard. In fact, it's really the only way I can imagine doing it. Otherwise there's just too much out there to blindly know which product will be on the same playing field as my favorite add-ons and expectations.

From the 777 forum...

Guys,

We're not going to entertain discussions about other products that are competing with our 777 here - sorry, it's just better that way if we don't. If you want to debate such things, that's what the Avsim general forum is for.

The OP seems to be in a grey area. It's ultimately up to PMDG to decide if they find it acceptable, but I personally wouldn't fault him for coming here to ask. I completely understand and am actually looking forward to the responses people give. 

He never asked if there were any other 737s, MD11s, 747s, JS41s or the rest of PMDGs fleet out there. IMO it is just an assumption that he as asking about competitors. It is vague but we cannot be so quick to jump on the hostility bandwagon just because of what you perceive as his intent.

I own most all of PMDGs airframes and some others (which are not competitors) however when it comes to the real thing no one compares to PMDG. If multiple developers are producing the same product and PMDG is one of them...you can bet your bottom dollar that I will get the PMDG one.....

Frank Johnson

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is a PMDG customer support forum. It's for discussion about PMDG products and helping fellow owners of those products. It really isn't the place to discuss other products, interesting though it is to compare the quality (or lack of) found elsewhere. There are more appropriate forums on AVSIM to compare and contrast developers without the need to hold back your opinions out of respect for the hosts.

ki9cAAb.jpg

PMDG's 777....ohhhhhhhh... Booboo... Bet you didn't expect that from me...

While it's partially a compliment to PMDG, I do question whether or not it should be here.

Sorry Kyle...you are wrong...this is a PMDG SUPPORT FORUM...(albeit I agree with you) You are not allowed to post about anything..unless it is about PMDG products...lol

Question is...how fast will the suckups fall in line the next time Ryan posts about guitars or a scenery or anything of that nature????... will the same people that bash most everyone for their questions actually challenge Ryan????

Not.....

Frank Johnson

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sorry Kyle...you are wrong...this is a PMDG SUPPORT FORUM...(albeit I agree with you) You are not allowed to post about anything..unless it is about PMDG products...lol

How am I wrong?  I stated that I understood the assumed logic of the OP's reason for posting here, and then said that, despite my understanding the logic, I questioned if it should be here...

Kyle Rodgers