Sign in to follow this  
charlieg

FPS JS41

Guys,
I have a good machine and can run PMDG 737NGX and PMDG747X and LEVEL-D 767 and Quality Wings RJ100 at 30FPS without any problems at EGKK with UK2000 Xtreme Scenery for EGKK. But as soon as I load JS41 I get micro stuttering even if I switch to the cockpit without VC panels. I have moved down the sliders in the setup control panel for JS41 but it makes no difference. Anyone shed any light on this would be great, I also get the same if I move to EGLC where I have the XTREME UK2000.
i7-3770K at 3.5ghz. 
Windows 7 64Bit
16GB memory
SSD drive
GTX680 Nvidia

Other addons are GXS and FS2Crew.

I have similar issues with the J41.  Running a similar computer setup as yours,  I can run all my addons with great performance.  The J41 though runs a bit more slowly-- with occasional stutters.  Not a show stopper-- but it's there.  Probably something that can not be fixed at this point...

Try turning off the icing effects in the config manager.

Kyle Rodgers

I tried turning off Ice, made no difference, but when I turned the Instrument updates down to 6% the stuttering stopped. Clearly don't want to run it like that but it seems to be the Map Display as the jump happens just before this updates and moves around. It's a shame really as I love the aircraft.

I have just about the same hardware and I don't have issues.  Sounds like a config issue.  Have you tweaked your FSX.cfg?  If not, then you really should.

Kyle Rodgers

I have just about the same hardware and I don't have issues.  Sounds like a config issue.  Have you tweaked your FSX.cfg?  If not, then you really should.

Yes I have tweaked it. Numerous times with lots of different settings over the years. Are you running EGKK Xtreme with UK2000? Also you would recon if it was a tweak then don't understand why other PMDG's, Qualitywings and Level-D all run fine?

Are you running EGKK Xtreme with UK2000?

No, but the overall tax on the system needs to be considered.  If you're running high amounts of scenery with a lot of complexity, along with a complex aircraft, then it will cause stuttering with those specs.  Since the JS4100 is more complex than many other aircraft, and the NGX seems to be better optimized than it, the overall system tax when you add complex scenery can cause stuttering.

Also you would recon if it was a tweak then don't understand why other PMDG's, Qualitywings and Level-D all run fine?

No, actually.  Computers are very intricate beasts.  Each product is somewhat of its own beast as well, as you can clearly see with the JS4100 having its own unique issue when compared to the others.  Sometimes, it's all in the details of a config, whether that's your computer background processes, your GPU settings, or your FSX config.

Kyle Rodgers

Well not really sure how I can fix that. I know that very complex models run fine and I wouldn't say the JS41 is that complicated with the screens etc In fact I would say they are very limited. I know that the 737NGX and the Boeing 747X and the Level-D 767 are complicated and have a lot more definition. Now if it is background process I don't understand why when I look at my GPU with a monitor and my Processors aren't maxing out why there should be stuttering. If you could actually offer some settings that can change this then I am happy to try them, or I could send you my FSX.CFG and you could look at it. 

I

If you could actually offer some settings that can change this then I am happy to try them, or I could send you my FSX.CFG and you could look at it. 

Unfortunately, since computers are so complex, with so many different combinations of hardware, drivers and software, the answer for me will be different for you.

If you want the max performance out of your system, I'd recommend googling "Word Not Allowed's FSX guide."

I tried linking to it here about 102 times, but it keeps accepting the post and then it doesn't show up.  Something must be up with the severs.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, but to be honest I don't think this is a PC or Config problem. I think it is an Addon problem. Just so we understand I have tried every different combination of configs including the one you have mentioned, I will put this down to a problem with JS41 and continue to fly it but accept the micro stutters.

Also just to be sure I have been on Flightsim for many years so understand some of the problems with it. This seems to be one of those that is not my PC fault but someone else's.

Thanks for your attention.

This seems to be one of those that is not my PC fault but someone else's.

An outlook like that means you'll never get anything done, especially in the realm of computing.

When it comes to troubleshooting, you always need to assume the following:

It's me, it's my computer, and it's my interaction with my computer.  Only when you've ruled those out should you ever place blame on the developer.

Since my aircraft is devoid of the issues you mentioned, clearly it's not a problem with the aircraft.

It's been recognized that it has some common faults, and one of them is microstutters.  There are many work arounds in this subforum, but based on your assertion that it's not a problem with your configuration, rather with the plane, I find that it's not worth my own effort to go finding them for you.

Best of luck...

Kyle Rodgers

An outlook like that means you'll never get anything done, especially in the realm of computing.

When it comes to troubleshooting, you always need to assume the following:

It's me, it's my computer, and it's my interaction with my computer. Only when you've ruled those out should you ever place blame on the developer.

Since my aircraft is devoid of the issues you mentioned, clearly it's not a problem with the aircraft.

It's been recognized that it has some common faults, and one of them is microstutters. There are many work arounds in this subforum, but based on your assertion that it's not a problem with your configuration, rather with the plane, I find that it's not worth my own effort to go finding them for you.

Best of luck...

Sorry but I have designed computers some of the best in the world, I have been in IT since 1978. I designed the first Foyer Cashpoint machine, I wrote IBM's Syslog Search in assembler, and TBH I think it rich telling me I have an attitude.

Since your aircraft is devoid of this issue is a fact, that you are not running the same addon's as me is another, you also are unwilling to look at my FSX.CFG yet you have said we run similar machines.

Stop saying I have an attitude and help. Or don't. But please don't tell me I have an attitude as I find that very annoying and it is not the case.

And some of the most complicated ADDONS I have sorted clearly states I am willing to try anything.

You also quite clearly state the Addon has stutters.

I would also like to add you avoid all of the logical explanations like, GPU monitoring, CPU monitoring etc. So how do you come up and say my problem without addressing these comments. 

Sorry but I have designed computers some of the best in the world, I have been in IT since 1978. I designed the first Foyer Cashpoint machine, I wrote IBM's Syslog Search in assembler, and TBH I think it rich telling me I have an attitude.

Since your aircraft is devoid of this issue is a fact, that you are not running the same addon's as me is another, you also are unwilling to look at my FSX.CFG yet you have said we run similar machines.

Stop saying I have an attitude and help. Or don't. But please don't tell me I have an attitude as I find that very annoying and it is not the case.

And some of the most complicated ADDONS I have sorted clearly states I am willing to try anything.

Ignore that over aggressive idiot :rolleyes: 

Im OS at the moment so not in front of the Sim so dont quote me but from memory I think you can turn down the co pilot view refresh rate

ZORAN

t

Your ability to program has nothing to do with your outlook (or your attitude, for that matter).  I could really care less what you've programmed in the past, or currently, and in what languages.  It has no bearing on this discussion, unless you wrote FSX and have intimate knowledge of the FSX.cfg as part of that.

Also, note that I said outlook and not attitude - there's a huge difference:

Attitude (using a negative connotation that you're apparently assuming) means being disagreeable as a manner of demeanor.

Outlook is how a person approaches a situation.  In your case above, you stated that it's not your problem, ergo your outlook is that you expect that it is everyone else's problem.

Of the add-ons you listed, I own and use all of them.

I'm unwilling to look at your FSX.cfg because it would be a lot of work that you could easily do on your own.  Additionally, despite having similar equipment, performance-wise, the settings need to be specific to your own equipment.  Otherwise we'd just have a forum section full of configs for people to download.

I never did, and I'm trying to, but you have to accept that it might actually be a problem with your system, and not shove responsibility elsewhere.  When you find the reference to where I told you that you have an attitude (or even the word 'attitude' in my posts), let me know.

Then I'd avoid the statement, which I will quote from your post:

I think it is an Addon problem.

Yes, one of the common problems on the forum is micro-stutters, which, by-and-large, are corrected by a few things:

-Changes in hardware/drivers

-Changes to the CFG

-Disabling icing effects

Ignore that over aggressive idiot  

So helpful, Zoran.  It's clear that you don't like me for some reason (which I still can't understand), but it's adding nothing to this thread.

Kyle Rodgers