Sign in to follow this  
charlieg

FPS JS41

Scandi, I have read lots of your threads and TBH I can't find one where you have solved someone's problems.

My comments about programming are the fact I have an open mind and understand computers. Your ability to not care with what I have done makes you treat everyone with a slight contemptuousness attitude

You did say I had an attitude. "An outlook like that means you'll never get anything done, especially in the realm of computing." This says I have an attitude. Maybe you should read what you say and how others may interrupt it. But in English this say ATTITUDE. 

So lets close this, you haven't answered my questions about GPU and CPU reports.

Also you comments about disabling Icing is just crazy, why pay all that money then turn things off when you have a high grade machine.  

That's it for me, you add nothing and are unwilling to help apart from add links which most people have already tried. So thanks for your scank advice and enjoy your JS41, I will continue to enjoy 737NGX, 747X, Qualitywings and LEVEL-D and when planning to land at low level airport I will use Js41.

PMDG developers, you might want to read this and offer some help, because this guy is doing you NO GOOD having spent some £180 in the last four years. Qualitywings are knocking your socks off.

Ignore that over aggressive idiot :rolleyes: 

Im OS at the moment so not in front of the Sim so dont quote me but from memory I think you can turn down the co pilot view refresh rate

Zoran,

Thanks M8 now that is really helpful, I will try and find out how to do that, I know you can do it in 737NGX. 

I am ignoring the other person as I find with this post and all his others he actually solves nothing just spouts off like a firework. 

And you still ignore the fact about GPU and CPU utilisation, maybe beyond you thoughts.

What I can't believe is how someone can post 1.66 post a day over the last 6.5 years without adding any value. I have raised this with the developers, 

By raising this I mean the problem, not the amount of posts.

My only question... I have a i5 3570k on a z77 at 4.3 ghz on air. Nice an cool, great frames, etc... Why do you have a i7 3770k at 3.5?!?! Or is this a typo?

Scandi, I have read lots of your threads and TBH I can't find one where you have solved someone's problems.

Then you're not looking hard enough.  I've even helped you in this thread, though you seem to be intentionally ignoring it and reading attacks into what I've written.  I don't write with Care Bears and hugs in my posts, but they're not devoid of help - note even my first post had a suggestion, and another suggested looking on Google for the tweaking guide.

Don't confuse unwillingness to do the work for you with unwillingness to help...

You did say I had an attitude. "An outlook like that means you'll never get anything done, especially in the realm of computing." This says I have an attitude. Maybe you should read what you say and how others may interrupt it. But in English this say ATTITUDE. 

Nowhere in there did I reference your attitude.  I specifically said your outlook - or in other words "your approach to life," which is a completely separate issue from attitude - is one where you'll never get anything done.  I was referencing your point that you believed it was an issue with the developer and not one of your own setup.  That is rather clear.  Your refusal to see that is not my problem, and supplements my earlier point that your outlook is not one where the problem is with yourself (or your PC), it apparently rests with others.  Again, supplemented by the fact that I have multiple posts in this one thread offering help, but apparently none of my posts help to solve peoples' problems.

Also you comments about disabling Icing is just crazy, why pay all that money then turn things off when you have a high grade machine.

Look around the forums.  You'll find this is a solution for many graphics errors.  If your hardware can't handle it, then you should turn it off.  It may sound crazy as a fix, but it works.  If you prefer to have them on, you either deal with the graphics issues, or buy better hardware.

That's it for me, you add nothing and are unwilling to help apart from add links which most people have already tried. So thanks for your scank advice and enjoy your JS41, I will continue to enjoy 737NGX, 747X, Qualitywings and LEVEL-D and when planning to land at low level airport I will use Js41.

I've helped several times, though you seem to be ignoring it, for reasons I cannot begin to understand.  Perhaps a load of projection...who knows.  The issue is that the links work for some, but you seem unwilling to try them simply because they don't work 100% of the time (again, computers react to things in different ways - nothing will work 100% across the board, which as an experienced programmer, you should know).

PMDG developers, you might want to read this and offer some help, because this guy is doing you NO GOOD having spent some £180 in the last four years. Qualitywings are knocking your socks off.

I'm not from PMDG.  I'm here offering help, for free, despite your ability to actually see the help or not.  Taking a shot at PMDG really isn't necessary (or me, for that matter).

I am ignoring the other person as I find with this post and all his others he actually solves nothing just spouts off like a firework. 

Clearly...

What I can't believe is how someone can post 1.66 post a day over the last 6.5 years without adding any value. I have raised this with the developers, 

Man...I'm super scared.  I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight because of an idle threat, and a weak one at that.  You're welcome to ask around, and you'll find that the general opinion is that, while I'm often a little brash, I'm helpful.

Again, it seems that there's a fundamental misunderstanding of helping versus doing work for...

Kyle Rodgers

Lol Kyle just walk away from this one, Its an up-hill(sp?) battle.

Your getting fired on from all angles your help is needed elsewhere mate.

Lee

I hope Robert or Ryan doesn't bring out the wooden spoon to teach you a lesson Kyle....helping, jeez you know better

But in all seriousness guys lets just move on, not worth it hey?

This was not a threat, what I meant here was I have raised a ticket with the developers.

They say this:-

"The NGX runs fine though? The J41 and NGX are very similar in how their VCs are built - I can't really think of anything that would affect only the J41. It's got a lot less going on system's wise than the NGX too."

Subject closed on this forum.

Just to add my views iam using all of the uk2000 airports with the stock fsx scenery and havnt noticed and problems at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If you want the max performance out of your system, I'd recommend googling "Word Not Allowed's FSX guide."

I tried linking to it here about 102 times, but it keeps accepting the post and then it doesn't show up. Something must be up with the severs.

You can't post links to Kostas guide because Avsim has banned it after the drama that occurred some months ago. To bad really its a great guide and I find it easier to read than the official Avsim guide(not that the official is bad, just harder to dig into)

You need to google  Word Not Allowed guide fsx  where  you can find it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have fixed it. I renamed my fsx.cfg file and let FSX build a new one. Then I did all the tweaks in Kostas Tweaking guide. But I didn't get any improvement. So I renamed the old back to fsx.cfg, turned on VSYNC force in FSX.CFG and turned off VSYNC on my NVIDIA card panel. This solved the problem, not sure why it should but it has, get 30FPS with FPS limiter running and FPS in FSX set to unlimited.

Thanks for the help. 

So going in and messing around in the FSX.cfg fixed things...man...I wish someone would've pointed that out in this thread instead of being apparently wholly unhelpful!!!

Lol Kyle just walk away from this one, Its an up-hill(sp?) battle.

Your getting fired on from all angles your help is needed elsewhere mate.

Haha - thanks Lee

Kyle Rodgers

The most frame hungry aircraft in my fleet is the PMDG JS41, even more so than the PMDG NGX. My specs are posted but I'm able to stay over 20 FPS in all situations. I have my 3770K OC'd @ 4.5 Ghz with turbo mode disabled to allow the CPU to run at that speed continuously. I almost never fly the JS41 out of or into the busiest airports though.

Gracious, very gracious. 

"So going in and messing around in the FSX.cfg fixed things...man...I wish someone would've pointed that out in this thread instead of being apparently wholly unhelpful!!!"

Well no it didn't actually, it part fixed it, nowhere can I see anything about turning off VSYNC on the NVIDIA control panel. 

In view you know lots can you explain why this might have fixed it? My thoughts are that the NVIDIA Vsync engine doesn't handle FSX processing well hence why MS came out with VSYNC force?

FSX needs a myriad of config file and graphics setting tweaks via NVIDIA inspector to run at its best. Word Not Allowed's guide is invaluable in this regard.