Sign in to follow this  
Guest dsflyer

A little late for the patch...

Guest Kilstorm

...as far as I am concerned and it seems it has come up short when considering patches and what they can or should do. I'm glad there is a patch and hopefully others will find it useful but as far as I can tell the main part of the patch is to add bridges that a lot of third parties have already done and from users are better than the new ones in the patch. As far as the auto gen goes, I fl over a city then turn around and zoo in and all the auto gen buildings I see are the the ones that are in the default.xml file which is what I thought was the problme in the first place where it keeps them drawn even when out of view. I hope for those who have had a great problem with any CTD this is the cure but for me I have uninstalled the patch for the reason that I just feel if it aint broke then dont fix it and all the items that the patch does has never given me a problem. As for all the missing bridges I will see them in a year with the next version of FS. As for the meaning of this post well, thanks for considering and developing a patch MS but it just seems that a high percentage of what the patch does has been fixed, found a work around, or have come to live with since over the year of the release. Your last patch of FS2000 came shortly after and with highly noticeable changes unlike this one. I have both your force feedback joystick and software FS program and run it on your windows OS yet this patch didnt fix the problem with the force feedback slow down thats been reported which if your ginna release a patch should of been included. (BTW I dont like the force effect as much as the rattle during ground operations it really adds the effect of being in a small GA since I use the yoke for controls). The idea of a patch this late after production just seems like they've been hanging around with the OS guys where after having on my system for a few years a Service pack is released saying all this time you've been at risk with out this service pack.

Guest Edam

Kilstorm...not busting your chops, but you should really use paragraphs in your posts. I had to stop reading after the first few sentences.

Guest soundphan

Yeah, paragraphs are good.Also, have you considered that the reason for the patch in the first place was that:1. FS10 is a long way into the future and will be a complete overhaul of the sim;or 2. FS9.1 is the last flight sim MS will be producing.Just some thoughts....(mine)John

I don't care about the bridges. This patch gave me A) visible performance boost :( solved the problem with page file growing in size while flying and eventually choking your computer. Thanks to Microsoft. And Kilstorm, like other observed it is next to impossible to read your text. I don't know how old you are but you should take some classes on how to effectively put your thoughts into sentences. Michael J.

Guest bobsk8

>I don't care about the bridges. This patch gave me A) visible>performance boost :( solved the problem with page file growing>in size while flying and eventually choking your computer.>Thanks to Microsoft. And Kilstorm, like other observed it is>next to impossible to read your text. I don't know how old you>are but you should take some classes on how to effectively put>your thoughts into sentences. >>Michael J.>Did you have autogen disabled prior to when you installed patch to get increased frame rates? I have read alot of messages that state that they see virtually no change in frame rate but they had already had the autogen fix working.

Guest daveg4otu

>Kilstorm...not busting your chops, but you should really use>paragraphs in your posts. I had to stop reading after the>first few sentences.Couldn't agree more -- only one thing worse than this is when there is no punctuation or capitals either.At the risk of labouring the point a little- if a person wants help - it helps others to offer advice if the problem is stated in a clearly understandable manner.Many of the readers on here are not native English speakers ,and having to struggle with unpunctuated/unparagraphed text in a language they may not be to familiar with certainly isn't going to make it easy for them to either understand the problem - or offer advice.Rant overDave

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Well yeah, but the point is you no longer need to mess with the defualt.xml. You can run the autogen the way it was meant to be run and not suffer the big framehit around dense areas that you would have previously.As far as this post and whether or not the patch is "worth it", I really don't know what people wanted. For months now (practically since the day FS9 came out) people have been complaining primarily about the autogen problem and the seasonal ctd issue. Now MS has resolved those two issues plus a few other ctd issues, plus they've put back a bunch of the bridges that were left out. The sim is great out of the box, and now its a bit better even than that. If its installed properly, the patch has zero negative impact (and no, I don't consider having to wait a few days for a new nocd to be a negative), and does have some positives (just becuase you may not care about them doesn't change the fact they exist). If you don't want to install it, don't install it. But don't imply that MS has somehow done you wrong by releasing a patch that didn't double your framerates or fix whatever specific issue you might have wanted fixed. Alot of folks said MS would never release a patch to fix these issues. Now I guess all that's left is for those people to say "but but but, the patch isn't good enough!"

Kilstorm,don't worry, what some people say. I had absolutely no problem in reading and understanding your post.RegardsWolfgang

Guest CargoMun

Hear hear, Zevious. Couldnt agree more :)

Guest EagleWarrior

What is autogen?My summation after reading yours and other posts is to wait tillthe next FS comes out next year or the year after.A couple of people have suggested that MS may be selling this programtherefore it may no longer be a MS product. From your mouths to the ears of the creator. I hgoe it is more than rumor.The less I have to do with that arrogant company the better.Louis

Guest dsflyer

I totally agree with Kilstrom regarding the force feedback problems arising with fs9. Even if we could have some acknowledgment that it may be addressed with a future release of flightsim (if there is one that is). CheersDan

Guest danowat

Wha?, not sure what everyone expects, but MS has given us a GREAT sim for $50, and IMPROVED it for free.Dan.

some things in this thread are so confusinghow do you know that ms might sell fs? and that this might be the last version of fs?? where do you base this info on? do you know people inside ms flightsim team? or what?ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest EagleWarrior

I'm not sure whether this is addressed to me or someone else being as I also mentioned it, but I personally don't know whether or not MS is selling FS or not. I am repeating what I have seen alluded to or suggested elsewhere.Louis