Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

FS Cabin Crew worth it?

Hi I appreciate there is a demo avaialble but dont really want to install another program to then uninstall it and leave some clutter behind so can anyone feedback how good this is?

Does it add more immersion to your flight, especially when cruising on autopilot?

Its inexpensive so might go for it anyway, just interested in users reviews?

Does it add anything more than fs passengers?

Regards

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Well I have it for use with Majestic Dash 8 which isn't compatible with Fscaptain or FSPax, I think it's worth the money but really doesn't add much more than what Fspax already has. 

why pay for something when u can get it for free try flightdeck sfx panel its even more realistic ;)

you can use it with any plane you like

I use it with the NGX mainly .... (it's not needed with AXE or MJC Q400 IMO, as they already have some crew simulation).

It's a very basic add-on. 

I'm afraid it won't add anything at all to the cruise section of your flight.    It's really just a Flight Attendant making some announcements at different fliht phases, but nothing during cruise.

It's ok, and pretty inexpensive though.

Thank you all, appreciate your comments

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

You can make your own for the Dash 8 as it comes with announcements that can be overwritten. There's a great app for iOS called 'voice changer plus'. If you select 'gramophone' as the voice effect and hold the phone close when recording you end up with a quite convincing sound. Remember to change the files into the same format and bit rate as the original ones. I've also changed the boarding music to the cheesy jazz as used by North West Airlines back in the day.

You can make your own for the Dash 8 as it comes with announcements that can be overwritten. There's a great app for iOS called 'voice changer plus'. If you select 'gramophone' as the voice effect and hold the phone close when recording you end up with a quite convincing sound. Remember to change the files into the same format and bit rate as the original ones. I've also changed the boarding music to the cheesy jazz as used by North West Airlines back in the day.

Yes I've done this too. :smile:

In fact I replaced the "FD_Announcement" recording (the captain doing a rather dreary boarding announcement) with a full boarding sounds simulation, ,so when that triggers (door open and ARCDU switched on), the boarding sounds play for 3 minutes :smile:

Unfortunately it uses some sounds transferred over from some payware products I own, (eg GSX and Xpax), so I can't share the mod, but it works fantastically! ......... The Q400 sounds are great, but one thing I've always missed in airliners in FSX, is proper boarding sounds; people getting on the plane, lockers closing, kids moaning, FAs saying good morning etc.     GSX does it but the boarding sound lasts about 10 seconds! .......... Got running for 3 minutes in the Q400. :smile:

GSX does it but the boarding sound lasts about 10 seconds!

When I tried the GSX demo a while back, you could change the amount of time it takes for 1 person to board, hence increasing the playback time of the "boarding sounds"

Yes I've done this too. :smile:

In fact I replaced the "FD_Announcement" recording (the captain doing a rather dreary boarding announcement) with a full boarding sounds simulation, ,so when that triggers (door open and ARCDU switched on), the boarding sounds play for 3 minutes :smile:

Unfortunately it uses some sounds transferred over from some payware products I own, (eg GSX and Xpax), so I can't share the mod, but it works fantastically! ......... The Q400 sounds are great, but one thing I've always missed in airliners in FSX, is proper boarding sounds; people getting on the plane, lockers closing, kids moaning, FAs saying good morning etc.     GSX does it but the boarding sound lasts about 10 seconds! .......... Got running for 3 minutes in the Q400. :smile:

I actually like the utility a lot.

I solely fly an easyjet AXE, so the best scenario for me was to download a whole load of videos of easyjet flights from YouTube as MP3s that incorporate cabin announcements (and there are 'lots'), import them into Audacity and edit them so that I have the relevant sections available to create a new voice set in FS Cabin Crew. The result is a whole series of real world easyjet announcements.

As I solely fly in and out of London's Stansted, I have a voice set specifically for the return leg that "welcomes me to London Stansted" after touchdown.

If you want real cabin sounds in the background, then YouTube is the place to find them, coughs, sneezes - they're all there...

Regards

yeah thats what i do i record the announcments from youtube from the same airline that im flying in sim and just import them in

flightdeck sfx panel

I actually like the utility a lot.

I solely fly an easyjet AXE, so the best scenario for me was to download a whole load of videos of easyjet flights from YouTube as MP3s that incorporate cabin announcements (and there are 'lots'), import them into Audacity and edit them so that I have the relevant sections available to create a new voice set in FS Cabin Crew. The result is a whole series of real world easyjet announcements.

As I solely fly in and out of London's Stansted, I have a voice set specifically for the return leg that "welcomes me to London Stansted" after touchdown.

If you want real cabin sounds in the background, then YouTube is the place to find them, coughs, sneezes - they're all there...

Regards

I like your approach.... cool!

When I tried the GSX demo a while back, you could change the amount of time it takes for 1 person to board, hence increasing the playback time of the "boarding sounds"

Thanks Ryan, I've just found that - exactly what I was looking for... cheers!

Imo, it's not worth it.

It lacks basic functionality such as adjusting the volume of announcements.

This is a very, very, basic crew announcement system. When I use it, I feel that they never finished it. It is not bad for a start, but they need to do more than what they have. The voices are a mic and a script. The sound is not modeled at all, no background small speaker sound, like you hear in a real aircraft, and I swear I can tell when announcer is changing pages! I wish I didn't buy it. Save your money, this is not worth it right now. Maybe in time, they will get serious!

Since it communicates with FSUIPC, it works with P3DV2 too!!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10