Sign in to follow this  
Aamir

Static AI Packages at every airport?

Hey there fellas,

I was wondering if there's an addon, or even a mod of an addon that simply adds parked (i.e Static) aircraft to every airport?
At the moment, I am very much enjoying my time in the 737 NGX, and have started to pick up on using SIDs and STARs, which obviously, FSX's ATC can't handle. This is causing all sorts of issues with the WOAI traffic I have installed right now, because I'm simply not using ATC to fly my approaches and departures. So, I was wondering if airports could be automatically populated with aircraft like they would be if WOAI was running, but just not go anywhere and/or leave the gate?

Thanks,

Aamir

Aamir Thacker

A number of addon airports have an install option to add static aircraft.

And there's just been a HU here on AVSIM concerning an update to a freeware tool that makes AI aircraft fly SIDs and STARs.

A 'HU'?
Sorry, I don't believe I follow..
That's pretty cool, but even if the AI fly SIDs and STARs, there's no ATC that can handle departures and arrivals properly, is there?

Aamir Thacker

Well, default ATC doesn't (or at least it doesn't really to a good job at it), but there are some third part programs that support SIDs and STARs (I don't know if only for user aircraft or also AI), such as ProFlight Emulator or PRO ATC X.

Also, I believe that some other program (is it Perfect Flight?) allows you to add static planes at every airport.

Edited by FloG

Well, default ATC doesn't (or at least it doesn't really to a good job at it), but there are some third part programs that support SIDs and STARs (I don't know if only for user aircraft or also AI), such as ProFlight Emulator or PRO ATC X.

Also, I believe that some other program (is it Perfect Flight?) allows you to add static planes at every airport.

Hmm, Pro ATC/X is what I'm looking at right now, but I think those only handle user aircraft.

For AI aircraft, I've found this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408490-ai-aircraft-sid-and-star-controller/#entry2674342

I just need to wrap my head around how it's supposed to work now, looks potentially interesting.

Aamir Thacker

Hey Aamir my solution was to use Ultimate traffic 2 (its not free) you can turn on/off the AI traffic, and or just clear the approach traffic, it does not offer a static option but what I do is have the AI active during my preflight and taxi, when I'm ready to line up I just shut it off, after take off I turn it back on. I just use AI traffic for ambiance, nothing else, UT2 also has some neat tools to import WOAI models aswell, though I'm not an expert at it.

Hey Aamir my solution was to use Ultimate traffic 2 (its not free) you can turn on/off the AI traffic, and or just clear the approach traffic, it does not offer a static option but what I do is have the AI active during my preflight and taxi, when I'm ready to line up I just shut it off, after take off I turn it back on. I just use AI traffic for ambiance, nothing else, UT2 also has some neat tools to import WOAI models aswell, though I'm not an expert at it.

Ah, that's actually quite an intelligent solution, I like that..

Well, I'm going to have a look at this Pro ATC/X + SIDs and STARs for AI thingamabob but if it doesn't work out the way I want, I'll be heading down your way then, thanks! :)

Aamir Thacker

I wonder what you plan on doing with ProATC/X when you are really looking for static aircraft on airports...?

I wonder what you plan on doing with ProATC/X when you are really looking for static aircraft on airports...?

Wouldn't you rather have AI flying around...?

I wasn't aware of the fact that AI can now follow SIDs and STARs w/ ATC.

Now that I am, I'd prefer to do that, if possible. I've been away from simming for 4 or so months, so please excuse my cluelessness.

Aamir Thacker