Sign in to follow this  
ibizaFR

Frozen pictures in intervals for some seconds

Hello,

I have a problem with the NGX, and I hope you can help me, because you are my last chance.

First, I have a good working FSX, with good Frames and low variance on all Addons, for example the Majestic Dash, Aerosoft Airbus X Extended, QW Avro, PMDG 747X, PMDG MD11, IFly 737NG, with REX, Airport Addons and so on.

I have only one problem, the NGX.

I have also good frames and a low variance on her, but in intervals (every some minutes) I have a complete frozen and stagnant picture for some seconds.

This is really bad. I don't know why and nobody could help me until now.

My System:

i5 2500k OC @4,3 GHZ

ATI Radeon HD6870

16GB Kingston DDR3-RAM

1 TB HDD

I have tweaked my FSX with some settings, but I don't think that the problem is caused by that, because every other Addon is working without any problems.

General my FSX is running great. I'm totally happy, but the NGX is freezing in intervals. :(

Best regards

Tobi

Hi,

Did you already try FPS Limiter?

You can Google how it works!

Rgs,

Yori

Hey,

I've limited the Frames internally in FSX.

I've tried FPS Limiter also, but with this I had a higher variance.

I don't know if FPS Limiter helps with my problem of the NGX, but I can try it one time again.

Edit: Maybe it helps some people to find the error - at the beginning of my flights the intervals are higher and the freezes are only for a very short moment (1 second). To the end of my flights with the NGX and how longer the flight is taking, the intervals are shorter (every 2-5 minutes) and the freezing takes a longer time (2-5 seconds or sometimes up to 10 seconds).

See my earlier post, this might be related:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408717-missing-texture-might-be-causing-ctd/

Add the missing texture switch into your FSX.cfg and see if the missing texture warning comes up with the same regularity as with these microstuters you are experiencing. Also, do these stutters happen as you switch views or pan around the cockpit? I've noticed that this missing texture warning comes up when switching views and panning around the VC. 

@@Mariano

Thank you for your help!

It is very important that you all understand, I HAVE NO CTD's.

I have no problem with failure messages or something like this and the FSX is not crashing.

Edit: How can I add this missing texture switch in my FSX.cfg?? And, YES, I have these microstuters when I switch the views or pan around the cockpit, but not only!

Edit2: Sorry, your earlier post describes how I add this missing texture switch. I will try it! Thanks a lot!

i also have this "stuttering" every few seconds when a new sound is played, for example of the ATC or so..i get a small "stop" , i also have a good system with stabil fps...

Hey,

I've limited the Frames internally in FSX.

I've tried FPS Limiter also, but with this I had a higher variance.

I don't know if FPS Limiter helps with my problem of the NGX, but I can try it one time again.

Edit: Maybe it helps some people to find the error - at the beginning of my flights the intervals are higher and the freezes are only for a very short moment (1 second). To the end of my flights with the NGX and how longer the flight is taking, the intervals are shorter (every 2-5 minutes) and the freezing takes a longer time (2-5 seconds or sometimes up to 10 seconds).

You really need to read the following post before you post anything!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361816-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/