Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Boeing 777 Worldliner Need some advice/ Sound set issue

Hi everyone,

I have the 

Best, Jeff

Yeah, something happened with the site when I was posting......

Anyway, I have audible looping sounds noticeable in the cockpit. Is anyone else hearing this? If so, any suggestions. It's driving me nuts and kills the immersion for me. 

Best, Jeff

Anyone having this issue at all?? My original post got screwed up. Thanks in advance. :)

Best, Jeff

Yeah, something happened with the site when I was posting......

Anyway, I have audible looping sounds noticeable in the cockpit. Is anyone else hearing this? If so, any suggestions. It's driving me nuts and kills the immersion for me.

Best, Jeff

Yes, there is looping of the sounds in the cockpit. I can definitely hear that. The audio in the 777 sure could be better.

Apart from that, though.. I got to say I really love that bird. I think it got better also with the last update. I just hope that the sound could get some attention.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I have to say that in any cruise phase of flight, the 777 sounds more like a slow steam train than a plane!

Only time it sounds like a plane is during the take off roll and initial climb out. 

From all the aircraft journeys I've been on, I'd say the engine sounds will be the same for a particular throttle setting irrespective of flight phase.  However, all the other sounds (in particular wind noise) can make engine sounds rather insignificant at cruising speeds.

If I were sampling sounds for an add-on product.  I'm guessing the best strategy would be some microphones in the cockit while on the ground, measureing different throttle settings.with the parking brake on.  Same exercise again in flight, but with throttle idle (ideally engines off - but that's not every pilot's cup of tea!), measuring wind noise at different airspeeds during a descent - then use interpolation to fill in the gaps.

Add up all the sounds, and in theory it should sound the same as a real flight.  If Ramszess has done this, then I have no idea why my 777 sounds like a steam train!

There is a custom sound pack available for download at x-plane.org. Much better than the original sounds.

There is a custom sound pack available for download at x-plane.org. Much better than the original sounds.

Oh! I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know the name of the file?

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I Love the 777 Ramzzess but it has the worst inflight and exterior sounds plus the worst wingtip lights I have ever seen for a $70 Payware, but it's awesome to fly :lol:   I hope these faults don't carry over to their 757 June Launch.

I Love the 777 Ramzzess but it has the worst inflight and exterior sounds plus the worst wingtip lights I have ever seen for a $70 Payware, but it's awesome to fly :lol:   I hope these faults don't carry over to their 757 June Launch.

Yeah.. the looping sounds can be a real pain in the backside that's for sure. Haven't had the time to test out the replacement files. Busy with the A380 ATM...  :blush:

Richard

Yeah.. the looping sounds can be a real pain in the backside that's for sure. Haven't had the time to test out the replacement files. Busy with the A380 ATM...  :blush:

A380 sounds are amazing, my ears even pop on descent :lol:

A380 sounds are amazing, my ears even pop on descent :lol:

Yeah, all Peter aircrafts have amazing sounds...