Sign in to follow this  
northtexas

Full Forest X

I'll gladly see Gibaba in this topic to take a few words on the product. I know he visit AVSIM from time to time.

I am assuming this is a texture replacement, but I may be wrong.

There are of course ways to increase performance by changing the way trees are designed and this has been accomplished big time by Orbx with their New Zealand sceneries. But it seems rather silly for a developer selling a product without  indicating to the customer about any actual benefits. Saying things like...  Full ForestX adds dense and beautiful forests.....Live a better experience on VFR flights...Quality flight and exciting...Doesn't cut the mustard!

They're going to have to do a lot better than that to sell to us hardened simmers B)

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

What I would like to have would be a product that would add a lot more rainforest to area of Thailand... Currently most of it looks more like Southern Europe or something, not even nearly enough forest landlcass. 

At least the Experience X product from this developer is great.

I'm not too sure that I'd agree with this statement. I, like a lot of Experience X users, are still waiting for a fix to reduce its FPS hit. Oh, and a decent, unambiguous user manual would be nice as well.

But I digress...

Regards

I completely agree with garydpoole .  I am a purchaser of Experience X which is currently uninstalled because it is not working with my setup and yes... I have attempted several emails with the developer.  Unfortunately the emails are just as confusing if not more than the installation instructions. 

I have written the purchase off as a bad choice on my part and moved on.  I personally would not consider another purchase from this developer unless he markets his products thru Flight 1 which allows full refunds during first 30 days..

WAT1460.png

Ok I emailed the developer and got a reply quite fast, he said it's autogen based product, I'm still not really sure how exactly it modifies the amount of trees.

At least for now I think I will just wait for a review. 

Ok I emailed the developer and got a reply quite fast, he said it's autogen based product, I'm still not really sure how exactly it modifies the amount of trees.

At least for now I think I will just wait for a review.

Sounds like it does something that is easily accomplished by a simple cfg tweak...a rather vague answer from a developer might be interpreted as "it doesn't do anything special that you couldn't do yourself".
Unless it comes with a new set of textures for the autogen, I can't see it being worth paying for.

Orbx World coming. Will get that long before this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Sounds like it does something that is easily accomplished by a simple cfg tweak...a rather vague answer from a developer might be interpreted as "it doesn't do anything special that you couldn't do yourself".

Yeah well he also said it would modify some forests that are misplaced by default in FSX or something like that, in any case I would want to see a review and more info. 

Hi Guys we need to lighten up a bit no one has actually tried it yet to see what it can or cant do, lets give it a fair shake, thanks

Rich Sennett

I've been very happy with ExperienceX lighting. No issues. Run the default settings, adjusted the color of the bulbs a little. No issues with FPS. (I'm sure it could if I tried to max everything). Good little product. Only wish they created a way that users could create their own custom areas of light, particularly over photoreal textures. So I am pretty confident they are trying to increase their little "buffet" of products. I say give them a chance to see what they are up to. They could use a bit of help on the marketing aspect, make things clearer, samples, etc. Maybe because English is not their first language? Wish them luck.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

FTX World will rule everything that is currently out there. June 15th.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Well said Clutch - I understand Drum but at first it will only be textures right ? goodies will come down the line and I have not seen them mention anything about tress ?

Rich Sennett

LOL I really had to laugh when I watched that video!!! The very first example shows 'More trees' and I see what looks like quite a low autogen setting...! How do you mean more trees! I see less trees than I usually see in FSX without this addon...! I see more ground textures than trees...! Funny.

Does anyone know how autogen is placed?  Is it not annotated using scripts. And each tree can be placed with a "level" of density" either adjusted in the sim or through cfg adjustments.  Therefore trees show up in exactly the same place every time, and the amount of trees that show are also exactly in the same places at the differing levels of density, they do not move around.  So unless this program adds more nodes for trees in the correct places (texture ground covery) there is no way you will get more trees than just adjusting up your autogen density, mind you everything autogen gets adjusted.

Its a cheap addon, so someone with more money than they need should buy it, try it out and give us what we really need to see, before and after screenshots at density levels, AND corresponding FPS comparisions so we can see the likely impact on our machines.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3