Sign in to follow this  
cavnatkguy

Undocking

Okay first post of many questions –

Alright so I been around for a long time with Flight Simulator, and took a break from the hobby for about 8 years overall and just came back full force in December of last year and I did get FSX when it first came out but didn’t play it much and never on Vatsim.   Now am in a great VA and using FSX only for my flying so here my question.

When I installed Sweet FX everything look great and I was happy, but I started to get lockup or very low frame rate when I would undock anything to my second or third monitor.  This never happen before I installed Sweet FX and really can’t belief that this causing my issues.  Alright below are my spec’s and any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

CPU i7 2.8

Memory 24G (16 Useable)

Hard drives SSD 500G  (OS 7) /WD Raptor10K RPM 1T (FSX ONLY) / WD Raptor 10K 1T  (Everything else is installed on this drive)

Video 650 TI with 3 Monitors attached (2) 27” monitors and (1) 23” monitor

FSX with all service packs and Acceleration installed, DX9 and 1920 x 1080

Again thanks for reading this

Charles

Did you get a CTD or just low FPS?  If you system froze up or you received a CTD, you should download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and copy and paste the results of the crash here for analyzes.  This program provides a lot more information that the Microsoft crash program (.wer).

SweetFX is known to cause problems for many (as well as its predecessor the ENB module).  I think anytime you hack a DirectX file you're asking for trouble.  I got the ENB module working for a couple of weeks before I started seeing a lot of problems.  I have yet to try the SweetFX module.

If FSX is working great without the SweetFX module in the main fsx folder, then it seems simple to me that you need to find the SweetFX mod that works for your computer as I understand it works well for many (maybe all).  There's a lengthy SweetFX thread in the main FSX forum that speaks about problems and solutions and you should go there if you are not suffering a crash.

Welcome back to the Flight Sim hobby and community!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yeah last night I removed SweetFX and everything back to normal, one thing I did learn a long time ago is to add one program at a time and test for days! I just don't understand why SweetFX would do this on undocked screens only, oh well I can live without it for now. As for question above it would lock-up a few times but most starts it would run my FPS to 1 and once the undocked frame was closed the FPS would go back to normal. I'll read more on the forums to see if any one had any issues like mine. Thanks for the reply!

Charles