Sign in to follow this  
angelekesabe

Black "straps" on panel (not dark screen problem)

Suddenly I got this problem on my md-11 screens.

Looks like the fonts are not fully stretched trough all the screen.

However, this "black straps" on the side only appear when on 2D cockpit. I wouldn't be much concerned if I was mainly VC user, but since I don't have a very good machine to do so, I use 2d more often. I've already sent a ticket to pmdg and they advised me to uninstall and re-install again which I already did but still have the same problem. And yes, I did everything in admin mode and follow all their instructiuons.

Did anyone ever had the same issue?

You have to select the wide screen option within the MD-11 configuration manager. What you see here is the 4:3 panel stretched for widescreen, hence the gaps. Choose the widescreen config and the problem will go away.

Markus

Markus Burkhard

Yep, it went away. Solved!

But another arised: I downloaded some liveries from pmdg website for the FSX version and when I run the installer file (using admin mode) it starts to load as normal and then I choose "modify" since I don't want to "repair" or "remove". 

However when I go to FSX and select aircraft, I can only see PMDG liveries and not the ones I've installed. 

I also ticked "show all variations" under PMDG section and nothing. Also tried "Show all" to see all the aircraft and all liveries I have for FSX and nothing again.. Where are they going? 

I guess nowhere because when I check the aircraft cfg the livery text it's not there..

I don't know which file you are running but it sounds like you run the PMDG MD-11 installer, hence the repair option.

If you download a livery you should run the installer of that livery, and not the MD-11 installer. Then there should not come a field up which asks you if you want to repair or remove.