Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Two xplane tweak questions

1) Is there a setting in a config file that you can permanently set so the aircraft comes up with the 3d scrolling view automatically (instead of shift 9 every time you start the sim).

2) I read something way, way back that there might be a way to put the Reality Xp gns into an aircraft panel instead of having the "floating" view. Is it possible and anyone know how to do it?

Thanks!

Hi Geof, for question 1), I think we can't do that. I have a pretty good trick however, if you use at least one button on your yoke/joystick for the view: I assign it to quickview "0". And for each aircraft I chose a default view, usually with shift-9, adjust to my liking, and program the view with ctrl+0 on the numpad. This view has a big advantage: let's say you look left through the window (I use the hat for that), then push the button to get your default view back. If you push it once again, you'll find the exact same left view you left before. This is great for downwind legs, when you want to have some quick looks at the runway, and this, repetedly: you can go back and forth between your programmed view and the temporary one, even adjust a bit the temporary one each time (e.g, to follow the runway),... It works for any outside view as well. Since I've discovered this trick, I use it instead of my TrackIR. And pushing the joystick button as soon as the aircraft is loaded has become an automatism.

Pascal

Sounds interesting-I'll give it a try--thanks!

Sorry, I edited after you read it, but I think you get the point. It's complicated to explain, but very simple to use.

PilotView plugin from Sandy Barbour allow to start already with 3D view. And with this plugin you also can set up to 8 different views *per every plane*.

Great-thanks to both of you!

Is there also a way to set the outside camera views to be controlled by trackir like you can in FSX?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.