Sign in to follow this  
cliffardus

The FMC won’t delete it’s previous inputs. Please help

I have a problem that probably has an easy solution. Or “easy when you know how” solution anyway.

I’ve set up a flight by placing the aircraft at LEAL and programming the FMC to land at EGLL. I also, of course, prepared the aircraft to be ready for takeoff.

At that stage I used the FSX Save option and created a flight situation that can be loaded whenever I want to fly that route in that aircraft.

Later, wanting to fly another route, I ended the previous flight and placed the aircraft at another airport. 

But here’s the problem.

When I open the FMC it’s set up with the LEAL-EGLL flight information and consequently I’m unable to program any other flights.

I’ve tried changing the departure and destination entries but most of the other information remains as it was in the original flight. I'm trying to figure out how to get back to the original empty FMC I programmed for my first flight.

Help would certainly be appreciated.

Cliff

@cliffardus

Not sure that it is even possible trying to do what you're saying in the NGX. Not surprised you're getting cock ups.

I always restart fsx when moving to another airport to make sure everything is fresh and working properly. Either that, or I am turning around and flying back from the previous destination. 

Try it without saving your flightplan. Just plan and fly. No saving.

RGS,

Yori

Don't you have another thread posted already, asking the same question?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408864-how-do-we-cancel-fmc-entries/

Yes. You're absolutely right. I had thought only one had been posted..............

Ryan has solved the problem by suggesting I load the default Panel State. How lucky it is to have so many Simmers willing to offer help. 

A great hobby with a seemingly endless learning curve.

Cliff