Sign in to follow this  
Guest PanAm man

FSUpdate installation restart

Guest PanAm man

My attempt at installation failed with no error message. The computer just hung with the display: Processing: modulesPANELS.dll at 0%I rebooted and attempted to run FSUpdate uninstall. This failed with the message: unbatch.bat is not a valid WIN32 application.When I attempt to rerun the installation I get the message: FS 9.1 appears to be installed already. Installation terminated.The sim appears to run normally (without being updated) in spite of all this.Does anyone know how I can back out of the failed installation and try again?LouB

Guest PanAm man

In my just posted message unbatch.bat should be unpatch.batLouB

Move or delete the BACKUP folder. Find the panels.dll on your fs2004 CDs, extract and replace the version in you modules folder with the one from the CDs. Reinstall the update.NOTE: All the default *.dlls are located together. You might extract all at one time and replace all the ones in your modules folder to preclude you doing it again, if one or more are not default files.W. Sieffert

Guest PanAm man

Thank you W. Sieffert for your response. Removing the BACKUP folder did the trick. I must admit my chagrin at missing the point in the MS uninstall instructions where they tell one to remove that folder.L. Betros