Sign in to follow this  
Guest nutmeat

fs9 update problem - fs9.exe won't close after exiting ...

Guest Muehlebach

I was wondering if anyone out there is having the same problem after updating to fs9.1: The problem is that after exiting fs2004, fs9.exe does not disappear from the processes list in the task manager and continues to use up resources. Very annoying to have to close it manually. Never had the problem with fs9.0. A further annoyance is a program called wmiprvse.exe which flightsim now seems to launch when before the update it didn't. Is wmiprvse.exe necessary to run fs9.1 ???Anyone else notice ? - I would be very grateful for any help to get rid of this AMD Duron 1300GeForce FX5200512MB Ram30GB HDSoundBlaster Live!Windows XP Home Edition SP1Daniel Muehlebach

Guest ssurjap

Are you running any other processes in the background that are eating up resources? Try using FSAutoStart to end all the unnecessary stuff.Truth be told, I had the same problem, but I traced it to my sharing the DVD-ROM drive (which contained the Terminal Charts and Procedures info for the entire US) and reading the contents from a slower computer. After I stopped reading stuff from it, FS9.exe ended normally.

It could be a worm. See http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32sonebotb.html for more information. But (there is always one of those)wmiprvse.exe is also a legitimate Windows process. You might want to do a little research with Google just for peace of mind if nothing else.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I had one occurance of it hanging yesterday. Make sure you send the report to MS, if you get a Send/Don't Send error report screen. One of the fixes under FS9.1 was to correct hangs usually associated with weather.dll and others.W. Sieffert

Guest daveg4otu

After a faultless install I ran into this problem back on Saturday.Now the cause of it turned out to be FSUIPC - I had neglected(forgotten - I had it already downloaded) to update to V3.40 still had V3.3 in the setup.The odd thing was thatin spite of the fact that the patch was not supposed to work with anything other than V3.4 - it did work - the bridges were there- the FPS was increased etc.Update your FSUIPC if you have not already done so and hopefully this will clear the problem.If you don't have FSUIPC then - well - good luck finding the problem

Guest Muehlebach

Thank you all for replying!For now I have given up! Have uninstalled all my GeoRender sceneries thinking there might be something that hangs with the new fs9.exe, but no joy. Even after uninstalling the patch, I still had fs9.exe running as a process after shutting down the sim. Thus I figured I might as well reinstall it!Other than that, Sim is running fine after the update. The new mesh is nice.Oh well....Daniel Muehlebach, CYCW

Guest MikEA9557

Hey, I have the same problem, but haven't come up with a fix yet. Will let you know if I find something...Mike Tucson, AZ"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"--Mahatma Gandhi

Try this: Take all your non Microsoft dll out of the modules directory. Run FS with default C172. If it exits normally add the modules one by one to see if you can catch the problem. It could be a dll or gauge that is doing that.Jos

Guest nutmeat

I also noted this as a problem along with the fact that I could not get my "previous flight" to actually BE my previous flight. It seemed to set me up almost at random. So... I erased both of my Previous.FLT and .WX files (located, in Windows XP, under My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files), restarted the sim, did a flight, and shut down. The sim then cleaned up properly after that and I had a proper "Previous Flight".Go figure???Try this, it may resolve your problem also.Larry S.

Guest Albion

Thanks Larry but that has not fixed it for me.Any other ideas anyone?Albion