Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Service Pack 1 is out

Just saw it pop up on my Facebook feed:

Carenado TBM FSX/P3D Service PACK 1 (20130523) RELEASED.

Released: May 23rd, 2013

Changelog:

-Cruise Speed performance at high altitudes corrected. (FDE developed by Bernt Stolle).
-Several windows, messages and menus of G1000 were improved.
-Some knobs operated backwards. Now they are right.
-Pulse lights system added.
-Inertial separation and Prop O’Speed test now has action over the performance.
-Ignition signal corrected for AUTO mode.
-Bank function added to the autopilot.
-ITT now indicates in Celsius as it is in the checklist.
-Some stickers were misplaced.
-Doors sounds adjusted.
-Other small bugs fixed

You don’t need this patch if you downloaded the package after May 23rd, 2013 1500 GMT.

Customers have to log into your account at www.carenado.com for getting it.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Mik75

Thanks for the heads up!

I will download it as soon as I get home!

Guest Mik75

Stolle's FDE :-)

Yeah, superb news!!!

Worth it now?

Just to clarify...Bernt did not do this FDE.  They asked his opinion what was wrong and he gave them the probable reason.  So, I guess you could credit him with the speed fix.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guest Mik75

After the install of the SP, the torque doesn't go over 100% anymore, even with full throttle. Flap lever is at 850, RPM is set to 2000. Does anybody have the same problem?

Worth it now?

I'm also on the fence still. Keep the input coming guys, whether you're happy with the add-on or still disappointed  B)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

doesn't go over 100% anymore,

Had this before SP1, it's just a little glitch... once you go to 850, back off throttle just a little, then full power again. She'll go to 121 then. I think this happens if you change the throttle anytime before going to 850 power.

Little bugs I have seen before and after:

Sometimes auto fuel selection doesn't work.. just recycle the switch and you good.

Only the TAXI and LANDING light switches have green LED lights to indicate they are on. Something I can fix once I get into the liveries. Stay posted.

Thats it.

----

I think it's way up there as one of the premier AC. Your milage may vary of course, but for me, this is one sweet ride.

Yea, I'm really enjoying this plane...it's a good enough balance of graphics, sound & flight dynamics to keep me very immersed (considering it's just a single GA). The systems, as always, are not a full simulation... but it's still their best work thus far and is worth the price tag IMO.

The cruise speed has been improved considerably and on a short test I was able to reach 315TAS@FL260 with TRQ:121 RPM:2000...took about 5-10 minutes at level flight for the speed to build up. So according to the charts maybe it was about 5kts too slow, but it might have increased a bit more if I had stayed at altitude for longer...this was just a quick test...so I'm please with this result.

The approach and landings are spot on the real world numbers...final approach about 85-87kias TRQ:25'ish - 30'ish...very gradually slowing so that you come over the numbers right about 80, flare it about 5-8 feet off the ground and touchdown comes with a very gentle kiss just past the 1,000 markers.

The only things I could ask for at this point (3 things):

1. I'd like to see the startup procedure improved a bit so that the NG starts to rise BEFORE you add fuel.

2. I'd like to see the sounds improved during the transition from spool-up to full engine start. Currently the process is much to fast and abrupt and is not realistic enough.

3. For the G1000 Id like it to come with a new updated database and it should support the ability to do WAAS/LPV approaches. For this I'm willing to pay $10-$20 more.

For me, if it had these 3 extras I'd rate it 10 out of 10 and the best modern GA your money could buy in FSX currently. Without these extras it's still quite emmersive, and a very good plane. I'd rate it 8 out of 10 and say in it's current state it's probably one of the top 5 best modern GA's available in FSX.

I'm also happy that some of my pet peeves have been addressed..  Carenado is definitely listening.

Top of my current list are details of flightplan building on the G1000.. and if SP2 fixes those, I'm going to

be a happy camper as well.

Very promising airplane!

Bert

Carenado essentially took my approach--they changed one of the drag scalars in the .cfg file, whereas my change was in the .air file.  With their change the 850 does not quite make 320ktas at FL260, it still falls a few knots below.  They did change something in the .air file, but I don't know what.  I think the flight dynamics were done by Stolle, as many of the tables in the .air file look the same as the Malibu (which I assume Stolle did).

John

I think the flight dynamics were done by Stolle, as many of the tables in the .air file look the same as the Malibu (which I assume Stolle did)

He didn't.  They may have used the PA-46 as a model though.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guest Mik75

doesn't go over 100% anymore,

Had this before SP1, it's just a little glitch... once you go to 850, back off throttle just a little, then full power again. She'll go to 121 then. I think this happens if you change the throttle anytime before going to 850 power.

Little bugs I have seen before and after:

Sometimes auto fuel selection doesn't work.. just recycle the switch and you good.

Only the TAXI and LANDING light switches have green LED lights to indicate they are on. Something I can fix once I get into the liveries. Stay posted.

Thats it.

----

I think it's way up there as one of the premier AC. Your milage may vary of course, but for me, this is one sweet ride.

Thanks a lot! That was the problem. Now, she is much faster and more enjoyable!

I'm typing this while at FL260 at night and in gentle conditions, on my first flight after the service pack.

My current readings are OAT -36c., IAS 217.5, Trq 120.0, RPM 2000, fuel flow 66, Bleed Auto, GS shown on the G1000 is 320kts. (nothing on the performance charts for FL260, -36c and 217.5ias).

Flying in a gentle circle in an attempt to even out the wind effect produced ground speeds as shown on the G1000 of between 315kts and 323kts. Repeating two circles produced identical readings (= average of 319kts).

These are readings from only one flight of course, and in only gentle winds, but it is encouraging.