Sign in to follow this  
Garfield30

How deep systems , especially checklist system

Hello ,

are there any info available that could be explain how deep PMDG will simulate the checklist function ? As I seen into another post that shows all the abilities and functions before start the aircraft , like more than 50 points only for systems : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408343-777-200er-tcas-test/#entry2672160 ?

Also interesting to know will it possible to show all displays separate as of the picture here is seen : http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7185036&nseq=63

I can't wait for this awesome airplane from PMDG , still own the chief pilots set and read it day by day

Regards

Alexander Benz

how deep PMDG will simulate the checklist function

I believe they said that they will only include the stock Boeing checklists and a few emergency/abnormal checklists.

For systems that I'm 99.999999% willing to bet they would not simulate would be the flight deck access system (1000% on that one) and ACARS. Not sure about the maintenance panel though.

Also interesting to know will it possible to show all displays separate as of the picture here is seen

From what I've noticed, the DUs in other PMDG products are independent of each other. So I don't see why they would not do that with the 777.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hello ,

thank you for your explanation about my questions.

With the panel as the picture shows, i mean that the EICAS hyd page is displayed on the left and the air , elec page Is displayed on second right display by the same time. I'm not sure or know it that the EICAS can displaying two separate information onto two different displays. Maybe I'm not right ?

Hopefully PMDG will simulate nearly 90 % of the entire 777 , but I know that this will be very hard and complex to realize .

Is there a time give from dev team to tell us more about the entire systems ?

Regards

A.Benz

i mean that the EICAS hyd page is displayed on the left and the air , elec page Is displayed on second right display by the same time. I'm not sure or know it that the EICAS can displaying two separate information onto two different displays.

The system synoptic pages can be dispayed on either the left inboard, right inboard, lower center display units if the MFD selectors are in the MFD or EICAS positions. In other words, yes.

Hopefully PMDG will simulate nearly 90 % of the entire 777 , but I know that this will be very hard and complex to realize .

If the systems programming the MD-11, J41, 737, and 747 has, I think the PMDG 777 is going to be more than 90% like the real bird.

Is there a time give from dev team to tell us more about the entire systems ?

The time could be between today and the year 9999. They will give us more information when they feel that it is appropriate. I think we're in for a pretty good treat.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

All the display and synoptic stuff works 100% like the real thing right down to the actual order things are drawn on the screen in when you press each button. (it doesn't all come up at once, the symbol generators paint in layers - it's a cool effect)

The Boeing standard ECL is 100% simulated including abnormals.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Very cool.   Not a system check, but can the takeoff be analysed later in the flight, like pitch angle, rate of pitch etc.  I read that this can be done on the real thing, although the book is a bit old.  Would be a fun feature.

Cheers

Iain

-Iain Watson-

(it doesn't all come up at once, the symbol generators paint in layers - it's a cool effect)

That does sound cool, can't wait to see it in action :)

Alaister Kay

(it doesn't all come up at once, the symbol generators paint in layers - it's a cool effect)

Wouldn't that kill a few frames? I'm no computer programer so it's an honest to god question, I was just wondering. 

Aamir Thacker

Wouldn't that kill a few frames? I'm no computer programer so it's an honest to god question, I was just wondering. 

As long as it's done properly, no.

It's being asked to draw things in a succession, which means it can task itself with smaller, faster jobs, instead of one large one.

It's like YouTube:

You click on a video and it nearly instantly starts playing, because it only loads the first part and lets the later parts load in the background.

If you had to wait for the entire video to be sent from their servers to your computer first, you'd have a larger delay.

Ever fly into an add-on airport with lots of detail and notice your sim stutters a bit because all of the detail gets loaded at once?

Kyle Rodgers

As long as it's done properly, no.

It's being asked to draw things in a succession, which means it can task itself with smaller, faster jobs, instead of one large one.

It's like YouTube:

You click on a video and it nearly instantly starts playing, because it only loads the first part and lets the later parts load in the background.

If you had to wait for the entire video to be sent from their servers to your computer first, you'd have a larger delay.

Ever fly into an add-on airport with lots of detail and notice your sim stutters a bit because all of the detail gets loaded at once?

Right, okay, yeah, that makes sense..

Thank you for the explanation :)

Aamir Thacker

All the display and synoptic stuff works 100% like the real thing right down to the actual order things are drawn on the screen in when you press each button. (it doesn't all come up at once, the symbol generators paint in layers - it's a cool effect)

The Boeing standard ECL is 100% simulated including abnormals.

Hello Ryan,

thank you for explain how the displays will work into the PMDG T7.

You said the Boeing standard checklist is complete simulated.But as this pictures schows http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408343-777-200er-tcas-test/#entry2672160 (Maintenance System and ground checks) , ist this also a standard checklist feature or have nothing to do with the standard checklists ?

regards

Alex

Hello Ryan,

thank you for explain how the displays will work into the PMDG T7.

You said the Boeing standard checklist is complete simulated.But as this pictures schows http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408343-777-200er-tcas-test/#entry2672160 (Maintenance System and ground checks) , ist this also a standard checklist feature or have nothing to do with the standard checklists ?

regards

Alex

This has nothing to do with standard checklists. This a maintenance console located just aft of the first officer's seat. It's completely separate from the ECL.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I would think the check-list system would be fully simulated its not that complicated in comparison.

Rob has already stated that every single possible checklist in the ECL is simulated.

Thanks to you all for the clarfication thats the maintenace system is a seperat system out of the ECL.

So , maybe Ryan can say a few words that maintenance system part is included or will not ?? Maybe not for initial release , maybe later .?

regards and i do really looking forward to this awesome release of T7 to get another very nice longhaul aircraft besides the PMDG MD11 , 747 and Level D 767

Alex