Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Anyone ever seen any animals in FSX?

Today i was looking at my fsx box cover an i saw in one area that it should animals . But when i think about it i have never seen any animals in fsx yet . Am i the only one or have anyone seen animals in fsx ? If you have what part of the world did you see it? Also was it moving?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

There is a safari mission where you see some elephants, as far as I remember.

They're definately in there. The mission mentioned above where you have to find a group of missing elephants which was one of my first experiences in FSX, there's another in the Acceleration Pack I believe where you fly a helicopter somewhere in Kenya and there's Giraffes, and there's the Hawaiian mission where at one point you go Whale spotting. You also see birds around thermals depending on your settings. I have no idea if they can be found outside of these missions since I've never revisited the areas, but my guess is no unless you have scenery which includes it.

It's really nothing special obviously, and I think they could actually have made better use of them what with full road traffic and boats, but as performance is tight enough already I think we should thank them for not simulating the animal kingdom lol.

They're definately in there. The mission mentioned above where you have to find a group of missing elephants which was one of my first experiences in FSX, there's another in the Acceleration Pack I believe where you fly a helicopter somewhere in Kenya and there's Giraffes, and there's the Hawaiian mission where at one point you go Whale spotting. You also see birds around thermals depending on your settings. I have no idea if they can be found outside of these missions since I've never revisited the areas, but my guess is no unless you have scenery which includes it.

It's really nothing special obviously, and I think they could actually have made better use of them what with full road traffic and boats, but as performance is tight enough already I think we should thank them for not simulating the animal kingdom lol.

Say that again i know FPS would have take a hit on performance . To be honest the only mission i did for fsx was the one you have to land in Area 51 . An another one in italy where you have to land in Rome i think . I have seen whale once flying at low altitude approaching for landing in Hawaii also birds around the airport but i always thought it was part of the payware scenery that i bought. 

There is a safari mission where you see some elephants, as far as I remember.

I will look into that  today an see thanks .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Should be stated that animals are are part of missions only.

Should be stated that animals are are part of missions only.

Thanks Jim now i see that very clearly .

Mr Leny

I thought I saw some jackalopes in between Salt Lake City and Wendover, NV. Have to fly real low to see them.

If you mean FSX default I never saw animals but I saw dolphins in Tampa Saint Marteen :) and birds in UK 2000 London City.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I see a small flock of birds fly over me parked at the gate in KSFO frequently. I use flightbeams SFO. Not use if it is because of flightbeams or not, but I have not seen anything anywhere else.

Jeff

I'm still flying arouind hawaii and there are no birds. Don't get me wrong, I'm sort of glad there are no birds lol They'd also be a drag on my 4 year old 1 gig card ;)

Althougn it would be nice to see flocks take off as I fly over.

Yes, I saw a couple of eagles during a regular flight. I had screenies, but that HD is long gone. I don't recall where it was in the sim that I saw them but I definitely did see them.

That was a long time ago and have never replicated the sighting.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

I have seen birds around a few airports, and the thing that always puzzles me about them is, given how far away they are, how big are these things?

I find plenty of animals in Orbx scenery, from birds to cows... I once had to go-around because there were a bunch of cows in a runway.

There are very few animals in the FSX default scenery.

You can add a variety of static animals with payware scenery from PacSim, for example (bush-flying).

Various moving animals are included in a scenery/mission addon for Africa (from Aerosoft).

And ORBX employs creature flow in their FTX products.

That bird flock effect is used by many addon airports developers.

In many addon sceneries, yes, as has been mentioned before. In standard FSX they are limited to missions, as far as I have found out, but there are quite a lot of them in various missions - elephants and giraffes in the African Ranger mission, whales in the San Juan Islands and Hawaii missions, birds on various occasions ect.