Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Have you Found Your Street in XP10?

I DID :O  and it's so accurate :clapping: Openstreet Maps is awesome in XPX :Party:

97a4449c-0da8-4abb-ae55-1ed2349c6c92_zps

e9ff7a99-1b54-45e3-9120-a9bcfca25004_zps

A388_7_zps28d24137.png

I have...trouble is there is no sign of life for miles-no buildings-nothing-just roads. Should be approx. 3000 houses in this valley along with some trees....

Holy Jessica-this thread seems to be in trouble!

Yes, and like Geofa it's just a bit too far out of the major city to have autogen defined.

It really annoys and frustrates me that we can't just draw different land-use boundaries in World Editor SimCity-style, and let autogen do its thing. What's the point of autogen if we have to place or draw every building or facade ourselves either in a custom scenery or in OpenStreetMaps?

I tried both and gave up after realising i was wasting far too many hours and was aggravating my carpal tunnel issues. It's far too big a task for one person, and who knows when a new OSM recut will be done anyway. And osm2xp isn't a solution either because then you lose the roads!

I hope someone can point out an obvious solution that I missed.

My street doesn't get depicted, but it should be on the next OSM cut that Laminar does.

My beef with the streets however is that they are typically far too wide to represent typical streets in the united kingdom.

E.g.  A two lane trunk road (typically 8metres wide) is represented as a four lane highway.  Likewise residential streets are far too wide.  They should be more like 5 metres wide, not 15!

I have...trouble is there is no sign of life for miles-no buildings-nothing-just roads. Should be approx. 3000 houses in this valley along with some trees....attachicon.gifhome.jpg

Geofa, do you have the exact coordinates of the place? Would be interesting to see why no town appears there ...

I have...trouble is there is no sign of life for miles-no buildings-nothing-just roads. Should be approx. 3000 houses in this valley along with some trees.... home.jpg

Nuked by LR.

Geofa, do you have the exact coordinates of the place? Would be interesting to see why no town appears there ...

Sure-takeoff from krnm and follow the chart below. Population about 10,000-circled on the vfr sectional below (and depicted on the chart in yellow). You might as I do have trouble finding it though as it isn't there!  :lol: approx. 33n 116.80w

Thanks for this "interesting" case .... I am investigating it a bit (because the raw landclass data is not even that bad for Ramon).

Thanks for looking into it-yes Ramona isn't too bad. I see the long range vision and beauty of osm but it sure would be nice to have some quick fixes for areas of the world (and it seems the US is one of them) that has large holes.

My place not so empty, but still far from real tight Japanese city.

At least the trees appear to be in the right places :-p

Yes (of course :lol: ) I found my street, although it is a backstreet. Even my house is there - and looks almost right.

cedl7s49cupkt1qqo.jpg

Well ... ok ... I must admit, the house is there, because I placed it there myself from the R2 library :P.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Well - for my area/town it seems to be quite accurate (using the hd scenery from alpilotx). You can easily compare autogen to reality due to the ortho scenery used in this shot.

Car_C152II_v10_8.jpg