Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Advice on Friends Computer Build

Hi all,from Jim.

I haven't built a computer in a couple 2 years,and would like some advice on this list from New Egg.

The total was 1500.00,and my friend would like to keep it around that number,Any help would be great.

Thanks, Jim

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Question - Why the Quadro?

And if you are going the Quadro, the 1000W PSU is way overkill! You can quite easily run that on a corsair 650w PSU..

I Have used a quadro as a desktop extension (multiple monitors) card along side an ATi Radeon gaming card, but not as a dedicated gaming card....

Regards,

Diego

As mentioned, why the Quadro video card? Unless it's for specialized work purposes, it won't be good for games.

If this is for gaming, the processor needs to be the "k" version for overclocking.

The PSU is OK, since I see it with a rebate of $30.

Unless he/she really, really likes the Cooler Master case, there's some money to be saved there and still afford good ventilation.

Look for faster ram than the 1600 stuff, especially if overclocking.

The SSD will be nice for Windows and FSX, but where is everything else going to go? Think about a 1 or 2tb HD, because I can fill up 120gb real fast if I wanted to.

I love spending other people's money! :lol:

Hi,

I recommend the Antec 900 black case. Really really great airflow and usb 3.0.  Cable management is somewhat tight but worth the tradeoff. I went with the CoolerMaster TPC-812 heatsink and get excellent temps with an aggressive overclock  (4.7Ghz) on a 3770k CPU. You want a 'k' processor btw.

I recommend the Antec 900 black case

I like the Antec cases as well. Just picked up an Antec Twelve Hundered full tower and using a modular power supply there is so much room inside it looks like I could stuff a cat inside and still have room. The ventilation is great in that case and comes with a bunch of fans. Plus it will be easy to clean the dust out of since the cables are kept to a minimum.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Antec 900 is the standard bearer, even after all these years.   I built my current system back in April 2010, and even then, I thought the 900 was maybe long in the tooth, but I'm happy to see this case is still well regarded today.   It's just the right size, easy to clean front air intakes with dust covers, thumb screws for the hard drives, very affordable, and as long as you don't have more than 3 hard drives or dual GPUs, then an Antec 1200 would more than suffice.   

Thanks ! I will foward these recommendations!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”