Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cobrakev1526

Ok here is a problem im having

I just bought this program today and am having a problem with the Close on Load part. If I uncheck it, and click Run FSXAssist , FSXAssist icon remains on taskbar, Windows 7 goes Basic, FSX starts,  EZDOK start, then the screen flickers just a microsecond and then,  FSXAssist icon remains on taskbar, Windows 7 goes Basic, FSX starts,  EZDOK start, then the screen flickers. its a continuous loop and the only way I can stop it is throught the task manager.

Also can you explane the Close on load feature. does it prevent certain crashes or only tell you what they are?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi can you send your FSXAssist.log to support@@Skypilot.biz?  It will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\SkyPilot Software\FSXAssist.

The FSX crash recovery works like this: 1) When FSX is detected as not responding, all exe.xml apps are closed. 2) FSX is terminated, 3) FSX is restarted with any exe.xml apps and 4) all AF and Priority settings are applied.  This is different from when FSX is closed by the user.  Then no further action is taken and FSXAssist will terminate also.

Any addon applications like TrackIR are handled individually.  IOW, if TrackIR crashes it will be restarted on its own independent of FSX.

When FSX restarts it will automatically set Windows 7 to basic (non-chrome).

Regards

Jim Allen
SkyPilot Software

there isn't a log file in that area of any kind maybe I don't have one?

all that's in that destination is

exe.XML

fsx.CFG

FSXAssist.exe

FSXAssist.exe.config

Microsoft.CSharp.dll

System.Dynamic.dll

System.Net.Http.dll

That's it

If there is no log then no system errors occurred.

We are looking into the restart behavior.  For now check the Close On Load option.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software

Hi Jim, just to let you know I am also getting the restart behaviour with Close on load unchecked.

ooooh looks like a live one here. Lets squash this bug :rolleyes:

We think that we have resolved this issue.  Please download Build 1.06 and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Jim Allen 

SkyPilot Software

Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town for the week job related so I not going to be able to test it till Friday or Saturday