Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

FSL A320

I'm amazed that there seems to be almost no mention on these forums about this aircraft!

From what I can gather, when released, we will be looking at a (hopefully) 'PMDG-esque' rendition of the A320, making for even more realism across short European trips that the 737 doesn't serve. BA, Lufthansa, Iberia, TAP, easyJet all come to mind.

I'm far mor excited about this than the PMDG T7 for example, as I like to fly routes with real equipment and I don't get 8 hours at a time to fly long haul.

Just wondered why it only ever seems to get a passing mention?

I'm guessing it's a combination of already having a reasonable A320 on the market (Aerosoft), the upcoming 777 and maybe people aren't too familiar with FSL as a developer?

I agree. I'm way more likely to fly the A320 than the 777 but I'll be getting both. There is a fair bit of discussion about the FSL version around the forums if you look but I guess it's a case of wait and see. Leferis did indicate last year that it would probably be out by Xmas iirc but of course it hasn't panned out like that. Hopes and expectations for this are sky high. Let's hope it's as good as we think it will be.

In the same box with the Level D 757 I fear...........

Everyone wants one but not holding their breath.

ngxu_banner.png

In the same box with the Level D 757 I fear...........

Everyone wants one but not holding their breath.

What??

The fsl guys Update regulary on their product. I haven't seen any official updates with screenshots and features on the lvld 757 ( yes dshutt posted on avsim that they are still progressing, but I wouldn't count that in)

Putting the fsl as vaporvare is totally uncalled for.

Like many other things its hard to say when, but I will def. say within 2 yrs.. I might be wrong however

What??

The fsl guys Update regulary on their product. I haven't seen any official updates with screenshots and features on the lvld 757 ( yes dshutt posted on avsim that they are still progressing, but I wouldn't count that in)

Putting the fsl as vaporvare is totally uncalled for.

Like many other things its hard to say when, but I will def. say within 2 yrs.. I might be wrong however

Agreed, this is a project that is very firmly in advanced development from the updates on the FSL site. I also was hoping for this bird by the end of 2012 but I'm still patiently waiting. I'd rather get a great product and wait for it than a rushed product and get it earlier.

I'm amazed that there seems to be almost no mention on these forums about this aircraft!

Don't know what your talking about but the FSL A320 gets heaps of mention.

I regularly used to get updates from the previously excellent developer Digital Aviation as to progress with the promised VC for the Fokker 70/700.......

I'd be very keen on a fully functional A320 but I recognise that it's very hard for smaller developers to keep their teams together.  In fact, since I suspect there isn't a lot of money to be made from these products considering the thousands of man-hours they require and so we're very lucky anyone does it at all.

So, wait patiently and see if these products ever actually get published.  Don't hassle the developers in the meantime, it's counter productive.  Be understanding if they don't quite make it to market.

As far as I can see, the FSL A320 has been in the works for 3 years already.  I genuinely wish them well in finishing it.

ngxu_banner.png

Don't know what your talking about but the FSL A320 gets heaps of mention.

Really? I see about 20 777 threads every day and rarely see anyone discussing this. Maybe I just missed it!

I regularly used to get updates from the previously excellent developer Digital Aviation as to progress with the promised VC for the Fokker 70/700.......

I'd be very keen on a fully functional A320 but I recognise that it's very hard for smaller developers to keep their teams together. In fact, since I suspect there isn't a lot of money to be made from these products considering the thousands of man-hours they require and so we're very lucky anyone does it at all.

So, wait patiently and see if these products ever actually get published. Don't hassle the developers in the meantime, it's counter productive. Be understanding if they don't quite make it to market.

As far as I can see, the FSL A320 has been in the works for 3 years already. I genuinely wish them well in finishing it.

I agree completely, I have been waiting patiently since I found out it was in the pipeline and continue to do so! Was just wondering if others shared my excitement/optimism on the results!

So has  the majestic q400   that's got its own forum as well,  but  it  still gets  quite a few posts  in here  as well.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So has  the majestic q400   that's got its own forum as well,  but  it  still gets  quite a few posts  in here  as well.

Well, they set up their forum several days after release, so for the time being, avsim was the main place to discuss the plane and technical issues.

Anyway, PMDG T7 seems to be on short final. As for FSL A320, no one really knows, but we will probably wait some more time. The updates from devs are infrequent, so there is not much to discuss at this point.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

Thanks all. I'd happily wait another year to get a PMDG quality A320. We can hope!