Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

FSL A320

The project is alive and progressing, actually their strategic decision is totally valid, as I expect them to be a strong competitor offering high quality airbuses for the fs customers (equal clientele as pmdg's) . Their first airbus development is taking time since it will be the basis for the remaining airbus family (due to system similarities). Once the aircraft is on beta phase we will see a lot of threads and discussions, I think we will start seeing some more news during summer or fall 2013.

Btw I am excited equally for both PMDG 777 and FSL320 as my airline operates them both.

No news about the project so nothing to talk about. But i'm more excited about the a320 then the 777.

Kimo

Errghhh - facebook.

You can look at the first page, but try to get into details and bam - please log in.

I canned my facebook account some time ago - felt it was a pain and not for me. there is something narcissistic about a facebook account andI just couldn't get my head around it.

I dislike intensely this creeping trend to show previews and details on Facebook. Why for gods sake? The aircraft isn't going to fly on facebook - its going to fly in FSX which runs on a PC running windows etc.

For me it is a frustration and a trend I do not want any part of. I do not want to log in to facebook in order to see previews !!

If FSL and Sibwings etc feel the need to use facebook to preview their products can they not at least bother to visit these forums and duplicate their information rather than just linking to it.

Any body else feel the same way?

Errghhh - facebook.

I completely agree, I deleted my profile over a year ago and I've never missed it, all the "social life" between people in FB is just so shallow and boring. I Even blocked all FB ads and buttons with Adblock and have it blocked through Windows hosts file (other than when I have to remove it temporarily to check BBS FB). 

I think BBS should start communicating with their followers through their forums or something, not through FB. It's way more practical that way.

Unfortunately, most people do use Facebook and this means you will reach the high percentage of your customers.

PMDG have been using just FB for their previews of late too, which is kind of annoying as I don't use FB so I've to wait for Air Daily X to post them up... 

As regards the FSL A320, I can confirm 2 things, firstly;

It certainly exists, it's definitely not vapour ware or else I've been having some pretty vivid dreams over the past year. And secondly it'll blow all other add-ons out there out of the water in terms of system depth and visuals, and you can have my word to that effect...  ^_^  :P

LOL, now enough teasing y'all, I'm gonna go back and hide away somewhere...  :P  B)  :rolleyes:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

I am guessing there is not much to talk about because there has been only limited information released and nobody has any idea when it will be released, I am guessing we are looking at 6 months to a year at a minimum.  The speculation on these forums on the 777 is not much better but at least it appears on the surface to be near release and the timeline is probably 3 to 6 months.  A realistic airbus will be greatly welcomed by tons of simmers, so lets hope this addon is out sooner than later.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

It's funny how people's perceptions can be so different. To me it seems the thing is constantly being talked about on this forum. More so than the 777. I'm not losing any sleep over when it's likely to appear though.

Facebook? Bloody hate it... :-)

Ian

It's been said before, but you don't need to be logged into FB to see PMDG's updates.

That said, I also find it annoying that 3rd party social media sites that have ZERO affiliation with the company posting the updates are the ONLY means of communicating updates to potential customers.

Yeah, I get that 99.999% of everyone and their grandma have it.

What about the .0001 that don't?

Seems silly for companies not to use their own websites or forums for their own product updates.

Maybe it's just a principle thing.

I mean you wouldn't go to a Honda dealership and get updates on the new Toyota coming out next year.

I guess it's just me.

Really? I see about 20 777 threads every day and rarely see anyone discussing this. Maybe I just missed it!

As mentioned thats because PMDG have their own dedicated 777 forum right here on Avsim.

We don't really know much about the FSL A320, despite people saying its going to be the best thing since sliced bread!

Look on the Aerosoft Airbus threads, and you will find many discussions about the FSL airbus, but whats the point in discussing it if 1, they have their own forum and 2, we don't know too much about it.

I dislike intensely this creeping trend to show previews and details on Facebook. Why for gods sake? The aircraft isn't going to fly on facebook - its going to fly in FSX which runs on a PC running windows etc.

100% with you there. I remember first it was the MJC Q400, and now it is the FSL A320. I hope do hope this doesn't become a trend for devs.

PMDG have been using just FB for their previews of late too, which is kind of annoying as I don't use FB so I've to wait for Air Daily X to post them up... 

As regards the FSL A320, I can confirm 2 things, firstly;

It certainly exists, it's definitely not vapour ware or else I've been having some pretty vivid dreams over the past year. And secondly it'll blow all other add-ons out there out of the water in terms of system depth and visuals, and you can have my word to that effect...  ^_^  :P

LOL, now enough teasing y'all, I'm gonna go back and hide away somewhere...  :P  B)  :rolleyes:

Regards,

Ró.

Thanks for the info Ro!

Whilst I don't expect for one minute for you to be divulging estimated release dates, are you able to confirm whether we're looking at this product being released within the next year, or are you some way away yet?

Thanks for the info Ro!

Whilst I don't expect for one minute for you to be divulging estimated release dates, are you able to confirm whether we're looking at this product being released within the next year, or are you some way away yet?

He won't even be able to confirm that  ^_^ unless we both signed different NDAs  :lol:

Thanks for the info Ro!

I thought Andrew Wilson revealed indirectly the release date for this year. See the thread ''Who started the release w/o a quality check trend in payware".

And secondly it'll blow all other add-ons out there out of the water in terms of system depth and visuals

If it matches the NGX I will be more than happy  :O  :American Flag: 

LOL, now enough teasing y'all, I'm gonna go back and hide away somewhere...

I really hope your not!! :biggrin:

Cheers Patrick