Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Back to XP10 :-)

<p>I will not spend many words... rather invest in trying to find out how to buy the Global Edition back, preferably at a discount price :-/</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The most puzzling reason for having returned, among others a lot more obvious like those directly pertaining to being a platform with a promising future, is an aircraft model, designed by  "Javier Rollon" for xp9, and whose download link was sent to my email when I recently downloaded X-Plane10 demo again and installed.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I've been receiving some email messages, very interesting to read and informative, by Randy (info@x-plane.com) - the Texan921( Texan t-6G v4.1)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>What puzzles me is how, in some aspects, this aircraft being designed in a rather clean  / s way, with no art stab or control phase out, engine cant, etc...., can show such feasible flight characteristics(?)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Well, I will continue using the demo, while I can't find a copy to buy back :-/</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I will eagerly look for 10.30, 10.40.... and see what news X-Plane10 will bring us during the upcoming months...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Glad to be back, as a user! Well, semi-user :-)</p>

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Life is a circle of installing, deinstalling, lovlng and hating flight sims.

Once you are back running, get that great 727.

Life is a circle of installing, deinstalling, lovlng and hating flight sims.

Once you are back running, get that great 727.

Yes :-) That's true! :-)

Eheh, just noticed the fancy HTML in my OP... sorry for that ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

:O he's back, everyone hide :lol:  :P

:LMAO:

Main Simulation Rig:

Been playing with the excellent Jrollon T6-G ( http://www.jrollon.com/indexIE.html ), mainly editing the Control Phase-Out section to set a max of elevator eficiency of 10% at 190 KIAS and 40 for roll and yaw at that same speed.

Also added a tad of trim tab (0.04 = right trim)

Not that the aircraft requires much tweaking, but it feels even better now IMO :-)

Next I will use Art Stab to make it less sensible to x-wind while on ground roll / takeoff...

A great plane! And FREE!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Next I will use Art Stab to make it less sensible to x-wind while on ground roll / takeoff...

Hi jcomm,

Would you mind sharing your mods in a little more detail? What parameters will you change and what have you done to the original?

thanks

Oops, I just tried to cut&paste the shots from PM, but it is not working (?). Anyway, I just edited the Standard --> Control Geometry --> Phase Out --> AILERON1 hi-end and set it to 190  0.40, and to the ELEVATOR1 hi-end 190 0.10 and RUDDER1 190 0.30

I also, under Trim & Speed set aileron trim tab adjust to 0.040

I am using the axis art stab at 0% (full-left), and axis linearity at 20% (all axis)

What is intriguing to me is that this Texan, designed for XP9, has a turn coordinator that gives correct indications, up to the point of being possible to correctly counter prop effects by applying rudder (right rudder), thus centering the ball and leveling the wings!

I wonder if this is happening only with 10.21, or if it was already this way on previous versions. Since I only own the demo I can't test it. Should someone find a different behaviour on previous versions, preferably pre-10.20, the argument that 10.21 suffered some kind of "core FD" tweaking would gain support...

Main Simulation Rig:

Oops, I just tried to cut&paste the shots from PM, but it is not working (?). Anyway, I just edited the Standard --> Control Geometry --> Phase Out --> AILERON1 hi-end and set it to 190  0.40, and to the ELEVATOR1 hi-end 190 0.10 and RUDDER1 190 0.30

I also, under Trim & Speed set aileron trim tab adjust to 0.040

I am using the axis art stab at 0% (full-left), and axis linearity at 20% (all axis)

What is intriguing to me is that this Texan, designed for XP9, has a turn coordinator that gives correct indications, up to the point of being possible to correctly counter prop effects by applying rudder (right rudder), thus centering the ball and leveling the wings!

I wonder if this is happening only with 10.21, or if it was already this way on previous versions. Since I only own the demo I can't test it. Should someone find a different behaviour on previous versions, preferably pre-10.20, the argument that 10.21 suffered some kind of "core FD" tweaking would gain support...

you had me at "oops" but lost me at "Geometry" :lol:  :P

you had me at "oops" but lost me at "Geometry" :lol:  :P

Believe me, it's the kind of "tweak" anyone can play with using Plane-Maker...

The Radii of Gyration are a different story... :-)

I've been playing with those too and set them as:

Pitch RoG  9.00 ft

Yaw  RoG  10.5 ft

Rolln RoG  6.00 ft

I hope Javier doesn't get mad at me for "poking" is excellent North American Texan ;-)

Main Simulation Rig: