Sign in to follow this  
sgilmore467

Error Message when starting TileProxy

I am new at this but have tried to follow all the instructions, including downloading the progaram that deals with the "assigned driver" problem. But when I start TileProxy, I get this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Tileproxy>pr

oxyuser.exe

proxyUser: Volume listing failed with error: 0x80070005

proxyUser: making sure SuperFetch service is not running...

proxyUser: Connecting to the filter

proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Tileproxy>pa

use

Press any key to continue . . .

Can anyone give me some help?

Thanks so much.

Hmm... it looks like, the drivers isn't accepted by Windows... 

So far, I haven't had any luck installing TileProxy on Windows x64

Has anyone got it working somehow? (besides F8 option during startup, to deactivate the enforcement).

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I read that the problem may be the 64 bit issue. I tried someting and the DOS pane contains more info but I still have the same problem. Following is what now appears on my screen:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Tileproxy>pr

oxyuser.exe

proxyUser: FSX \Device\HarddiskVolume2 ===> C:

proxyUser: World \Device\HarddiskVolume3 ===> D:

proxyUser: Attempting to attach filter to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume3' (driv

e D:)

proxyUser: Could not load filter driver: 0x80070241 (Windows cannot verify the d

igital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have

installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicio

us software from an unknown source.

)

proxyUser: Using FLTMC.exe as fallback...

Load failed with error: 0x80070241

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or

software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damage

d, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

proxyUser: Could not attach to device: 0x801f0013 (The system could not find the

filter specified.

)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Tileproxy>pa

use

I notice that even after I run the program dseo13b to get around the "assisgned driver" issue, when I install TileProxy, I get a meesage telling me that an attempt was made to install an unverified dirver and that windows could not do that.

So it looks like the issue is windows not allowing the driver to be installed.

Thanks for anyone who can help. Becuse I read that the dseo13b program should work with 64 bit.

Where do I go from here?

Somone suggested using a program called ReadyDriver Plus to solve the driver issue, but others say it is too dangerous to use and may mess up my entire boot system.

Please help.

I read that the problem may be the 64 bit issue. I tried someting and the DOS pane contains more info but I still have the same problem. Following is what now appears on my screen:

oxyuser.exe

proxyUser: Attempting to attach filter to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume3' (driv

e D:)

proxyUser: Could not load filter driver: 0x80070241 (Windows cannot verify the d

igital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have

installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicio

us software from an unknown source.

)

proxyUser: Using FLTMC.exe as fallback...

Load failed with error: 0x80070241

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or

software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damage

d, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

proxyUser: Could not attach to device: 0x801f0013 (The system could not find the

filter specified.

)

use

I notice that even after I run the program dseo13b to get around the "assisgned driver" issue, when I install TileProxy, I get a meesage telling me that an attempt was made to install an unverified dirver and that windows could not do that.

So it looks like the issue is windows not allowing the driver to be installed.

Thanks for anyone who can help. Becuse I read that the dseo13b program should work with 64 bit.

Where do I go from here?

Somone suggested using a program called ReadyDriver Plus to solve the driver issue, but others say it is too dangerous to use and may mess up my entire boot system.

Please help.

Not sure what version of Windows you are running, but when running Tileproxy with Windows 64 you must allow unsigned drivers to run.  When I plan on flying with Tileproxy, I reboot my computer and hold down the "F8" key.  A text screen will come up with the option to allow unsigned drivers.  There are some utilities that put Windows into a "test" mode which allow unsigned drivers all the time.  I don't recommend using them.  With Tileproxy, the "F8" key is your buddy--at least with Vista 64 and possibly with Windows 7.

John

The 64 bit is NOT the issue......I run Tileproxy on Vista 64bit without any problems.

When you run the DSEO.exe, do you:

i) Have UAC turned OFF

ii) Run it as an administrator

iii) Select the Enable Test Mode option and then reboot your system

I have found that trying the Sign a System File method to assign a "signature" to the .sys file using DSEO.exe does NOT work.....I have to use the Enable Test Mode and my PC desktop now has Test Mode in the 4 corners.

I don't know what Anti-virus you run but I run AVG (the free version) and that also does not like Tileproxy.....I have to disable the Resident Shield section of AVG to get it to run.

My advise is perservere......I had hours/days of messing with it to get it working and its worth it when it works!!

Regards

Steve

Thanks for your input.

I am tyring to do everyting you guys suggest.

I do have Tile Proxy downloading pictures into the cache now.

But when I try to fly, Flight Sim seems to lock up. A load bar does not appear.  I get an error message saying that there was a scenery.dat file error and that I need to shut FM down, go into TP Cache and delete a scenery file. Then it says click OK. I clikc OK and I get another error message do delte another file . Every time I click OK and another error mesage apears telling me to delete yet another scenery file.

If I sit there awhile and just keep clicking OK maybe 20-30 times, the load bar finally appears and the game will load. But only defarult scenery,; nothing from Tile Proxy.

Any other ideas. About ready to give this thing up.

Getting frustrated now. Is the guy that designed this still involved in any way? Help.

Thanks for your input.

I am tyring to do everyting you guys suggest.

I do have Tile Proxy downloading pictures into the cache now.

But when I try to fly, Flight Sim seems to lock up. A load bar does not appear.  I get an error message saying that there was a scenery.dat file error and that I need to shut FM down, go into TP Cache and delete a scenery file. Then it says click OK. I clikc OK and I get another error message do delte another file . Every time I click OK and another error mesage apears telling me to delete yet another scenery file.

If I sit there awhile and just keep clicking OK maybe 20-30 times, the load bar finally appears and the game will load. But only defarult scenery,; nothing from Tile Proxy.

Any other ideas. About ready to give this thing up.

Getting frustrated now. Is the guy that designed this still involved in any way? Help.

I suggest you uninstall, then reinstall Tileproxy.  I assume you are getting Tileproxy to start at least--a step in the right direction.  Scenery.dat files are index files used by MSFS and they are built every time a scenery change is detected.  If Tileproxy is installed correctly, there should be no issue and you should not see the error.  If you haven't done so yet, read this guide by Ed Truthan:

http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/

After you uninstall Tileproxy, make sure your proxyuser.ini is also deleted before reinstalling.

Ed's guide is what got me started and I've succeeded with Tileproxy for four years now.  I also still strongly suggest using the F8 key and allowing unsigned drivers selectively at startup vs. keeping Windows in test mode.  If you do wish to enable or disable test mode, you don't need an external program to do it--these are the commands for enabling and disabling test mode.  You can run them from a cmd prompt, and you must be using admin rights to do so:

bcdedit -set testsigning on  (enables test mode)

bcdedit -set testsigning off  (disables test mode)

Please note that launching MSFS with Tileproxy started takes a while, especially if it's your first Tileproxy flight in an area where you haven't used it before.  Tileproxy has to fetch and load all those textures.  Also, I suggest limiting your visibility via weather settings to 30 miles.

If you want to see Tileproxy running successfully, please take a look at my screenshots here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/408573-napa-to-reno-tbm-850

My proxyuser.ini has been specially modified to blend the Tileproxy textures smoothly, all the way to the visible horizon.

Regards,

John

John,

Thanks much for your detailed reply. Iwill apply what you said and get back to you. I may want a copy of your proxyuser.ini if you don't mind. But I will try the other stuff first.

John,

Still does not work. I reread Ed's paper on installation (several times now), reinstalled TileProxxy; everything you said to do. Tile Proxy seems to load OK. I have attached below what it says. Then when I start FSX,, TileProxy begins filling in the oval shapes with x's. I guess so far so good. But when I tyr to laod a flight, FSX gives me the Scenery.dat file error and tells me I need to delete scenery files. IT tells me to clikc OK but nothing happens unless I Click about 50 times. Then the load bar starts and FSX finally starts with the original default scenery.

Sooooooo ... Back to where I started from. Any other ideas?

oxyuser.exe

proxyUser: Tileproxy communication with filter driver established.

TileAPI: Using network module 'libnettile'

TileAPI: Network configuration ''

TileAPI: Service name is 'Acme Globe Service'

TileAPI: Using cache folder 'tilecache'

TileAPI: Map version is ''

proxyUser: Configuration summary

master_enable=1

diskless_mode=0

logfile=

enable_hooking=0

enable_dx9hook=0

offline_mode=0

menu_sources=Service Example 1|Service Example 3|Service Example 4

source=Acme Globe Service

max_contexts=512

preload=1023

network module=libnettile

module configuration=

max_lod=15 (1024x1024 tiles)

preload_min_lod=9

preload_max_lod=15

min_level=5

max_level=17

color_hack=0

color_level=13

bulk_extend=0

level_mapping=Not activated

map_version=

water_mask=On

water_smoothing=Off

water_threshold=0.330000

water_blending=On

blend_distance=500.000000

blend_exponent=1.000000

alpha_min=0.267800

alpha_max=0.700000

water_rgb=#000d1a

enable_movingmap=0

(alpha=255, color=#ff000000 x,y,w,h=88.0% 15.0% 60.0% 80.0%, r=6

0)

proxyUser: TileProxy is ready for takeoff.

I can see Tileproxy is starting correctly, so that's a good sign. 

But it seems your Tileproxy setup is using two different drives, is that correct?  If so it would be hard for me to help, as my setup is on one drive--I took all the defaults when it came to installing FSX and Tileproxy.  This is what the startup looks like with the defaults based on my proxyuser.ini.

I suggest you try my proxyuser.ini--it may work better for you.  You can find it in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/402341-help-to-improve-my-tileproxy/?hl=proxyuser.ini#entry2620155

And here is how my Tileproxy starts up:

oxyuser.exe
proxyUser: World \Device\HarddiskVolume2 ===> C:
proxyUser: Attempting to attach filter to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume2' (driv
e C:)
proxyUser: SUCCESS! Filter loaded as: Tileproxy Instance
proxyUser: FS9 \Device\HarddiskVolume2 ===> C:
proxyUser: Tileproxy communication with filter driver established.
TileAPI: Using network module 'libnettile'
TileAPI: Network configuration 'conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps
3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozi
lla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET C
LR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)'
TileAPI: Service name is 'Service Example 3'
TileAPI: Using cache folder 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\cache.service3'
TileAPI: Map version is '1.8'
proxyUser: Configuration summary
                master_enable=1
                diskless_mode=0
                logfile=
                enable_hooking=0
                enable_dx9hook=0
                offline_mode=0
                menu_sources=Service Example 1|Service Example 2|Service Example
 3|Service Example 4
                source=Service Example 3
                max_contexts=512
                preload=1023
                network module=libnettile
                module configuration=conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us
.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent
=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .
NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
                max_lod=15 (1024x1024 tiles)
                preload_min_lod=9
                preload_max_lod=15
                min_level=5
                max_level=17
                color_hack=0
                color_level=0
                bulk_extend=50
                level_mapping=Activated
                map_version=1.8
                water_mask=On
                water_smoothing=Off
                water_threshold=0.330000
                water_blending=On
                blend_distance=100.000000
                blend_exponent=1.000000
                alpha_min=0.267800
                alpha_max=0.700000
                water_rgb=#000d1a
                enable_movingmap=0
                (alpha=255, color=#ff000000 x,y,w,h=88.0% 15.0% 60.0% 80.0%, r=6
0)
                level_mapping = [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 15 15 16 17 ]
proxyUser: TileProxy is ready for takeoff.

One more thing that may help you understand what is going on in my situation. Like I said, FSX eventually will start. When I am flying my route, I look at what is happening to the TileProxy window. Sometimes it is scrolloin gifo. Other times it is just static with the "Waffles loaded with x's".

But at the top of the screen is this info:

Tile accesses: 0

0.0 per second

Preloaded: 39128

Hit:0

Miss:0

Messages 549

It makes me believe that the scenery is there but is not being accessed. Could that be because I set up the cache files and real world scenery folders on another drive? It was suggested I do that.

Does this help?

I feel like I am so close to making this work.

Based on what you just said (our messages crossed in the mail) maybe the problem is wiht my instiall the cache on another drive. I will reinstall and put everyutingon the sme drive and see what happens.

Now to get my TP to start with your setup. Would it be easier for you to just send me a copy of you .ini?

Yes, I can do that.  I can PM you with a copy of my proxyuser.ini

John

Stop the presses!!!!!! I got it working! Thanks John. Your idea of putting everything on the C drive did the trick. Don't know why it would not read form the other drive. I checked the path and it was just I was told in set up. Oh well.

Now I need to fine tune if possible. When I look down form 2000 feet, the scenery still looks quite blurry. I need to try a differnet resource for the maps. I guess the only choice we have is Yahoo or virual earth. Is that correct?

What else do I have to do? Maybe my expectations are too great. I was hoping it would look like google earth or the gps system on my phone. Or at least as clear as the photos you submitted. If I could get the scenery as good as yours look, I would be satisfied.

Well, anyway, thanks, John.

By the way would using a copy of your ini file work for me? And what map source do you use?

John,

Is it worth the money to consider buying scenery software like GEX, or Ultimate Terrain, or FS Genesis?

Or do I just have fun with what I just figured out?

And what kind of controllers do you use? I am using an old Sidewinder pro.

Just let me know if I am asking too many questions.

Stop the presses!!!!!! I got it working! Thanks John. Your idea of putting everything on the C drive did the trick. Don't know why it would not read form the other drive. I checked the path and it was just I was told in set up. Oh well.

Now I need to fine tune if possible. When I look down form 2000 feet, the scenery still looks quite blurry. I need to try a differnet resource for the maps. I guess the only choice we have is Yahoo or virual earth. Is that correct?

What else do I have to do? Maybe my expectations are too great. I was hoping it would look like google earth or the gps system on my phone. Or at least as clear as the photos you submitted. If I could get the scenery as good as yours look, I would be satisfied.

Well, anyway, thanks, John.

By the way would using a copy of your ini file work for me? And what map source do you use?

John,

Is it worth the money to consider buying scenery software like GEX, or Ultimate Terrain, or FS Genesis?

Just let me know if I am asking too many questions.

Try using my .ini file.  It works the best for me, however its coverage is just for the U.S., for the most part.  I will keep watching the thread.  Just ask questions and I will try to help out.

Regards,

John

Not sure if you're still looking for opinions on any of these questions, but I just joined and saw your post and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

I've been getting into FSX for the last few months (before that I mostly played military sims like DCS Black Shark and A-10C) and I've spent quite a bit of time looking into popular add-ons for FSX including photoreal scenery.

I started with TileProxy, and after much toil got it working, but it just seemed like a lot of work.  From what I could tell the developer is no longer working on it, and it seemed very user UN-friendly.  Hitting F8 didn't always work as my system boots too fast or something, so I'd sit there rebooting several times.  Then if my internet connection I'd have problems getting the images.  Anyway, I liked the idea, and I think for some people who don't mind spending some decent time tinkering it could be a good solution (especially if you fly in areas out side of the U.S.).  And then the biggest thing is it seems like the mapping sites discourage pulling all of these images from their sites, so there's a chance it'll eventually just stop working (Google has already blocked it).

The other 2 options I've found are blueskyscenery.com and megasceneryearth.com.  Blue Sky is donation based and does not have as many areas, but it's a lot simpler than TileProxy.  MegaSceneryEarth joined with a company named Sim Savvy (a guy who had images for pretty much all of the United States) and are now releasing a version 2.0 that is higher resolution, but they charge about $40 per state (unless it's a real small state).  MSE also throws in a bunch of pdf aeronautical charts (low/high IFR charts, airport diagrams & charts, etc.).  MSE is offered by a site called PC Aviator and if you buy from them, do it on a Tuesday as they have 10% off on Tuesdays.  Overall, it seems like it might be worth the $40 to get your favorite state just because of the user friendliness.  You get a whole state with a bunch of maps/charts and it seems like the money might just be worth avoiding all of the hassle of the other methods.

As for the other products you mentioned (GEX, UTX, etc), I just bought a few of those so I might as well give you my opinion on them too.

There are different layers in FSX.  FSGenesis is the lowest and gives the terrain it's shape.  So if you fly by a famous mountain peak or valley and it's not there, this should fix that.  UTX is the next layer up and it makes sure things are in the right place.  In default FSX you might fly over a city you know and see farms where houses should be, or maybe skyscrapers where a lake should be.  UTX uses real world map data to fix that so it "feels" more like the real world.  The next layer is the textures, basically the "painting" of the land.  So UTX might say "hey, a farm needs to go here", so the question is what should a farm look like?  That's where GEX comes in.  Instead of using the default textures, GEX has textures with more detail and more variety so the land looks a bit better than the default.  The next layer would be the sky, and REX seems to be the most popular for this.  It basically allows you to choose how you'd like the sky to look (so you can have more dramatic sky/sunset/sunrise backgrounds) and has really fancy clouds.  As a bonus, REX also throws in options for changing the colors and look of water and runways.  Some of their water textures for tropical areas look really amazing, much better than the default FSX stuff.

Hopefully that helps you understand what each does so you can decide which ones would be worth getting.  I got UTX, GEX, and REX.  REX was by far my favorite.  The clouds are really fun to fly around, and the water looks really cool.  UTX is useful, but more if you're flying over areas you already know or if you're using real world maps or charts.  UTX does have one other bonus, which is that it can add more lights at night (car brake lights, traffic lights), but over all I don't think you get as much "wow" factor as REX.  GEX has more of a wow factor and makes cities look nicer, especially the higher you go, but... it definitely doesn't look as pretty as photoreal from high up in my opinion.  (Note: UTX and GEX are made by the same company so they are designed to work well with each other).

I'd say REX is the one that I'd get without thinking about it.  You spend a lot of time up in the air and it's cool to see really pretty clouds and to be able to choose how the sky and water look.  As for UTX and GEX, I'd say if you don't like the flatness of photoreal, then they might be worth it, especially GEX.  They work well with the 3D auto-generated buildings of FSX (photoreal generally turns off all the buildings).  But if you like photoreal, well that would replace GEX so there would be no point in getting both if you plan to just fly one or the other all the time.

Anyway, hopefully that helps.  Chances are you're happy just running with TileProxy, in which case more power to you.