Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Carenado releases TBM-850 Service Pack with FDE by Bernt Stolle)

From Carenado's Facebook page:

Carenado TBM FSX/P3D Service PACK 1 (20130523) RELEASED.

Released: May 23rd, 2013

Changelog:

-Cruise Speed performance at high altitudes corrected. (FDE developed by Bernt Stolle).
-Several windows, messages and menus of G1000 were improved.
-Some knobs operated backwards. Now they are right.
-Pulse lights system added.
-Inertial separation and Prop O’Speed test now has action over the performance.
-Ignition signal corrected for AUTO mode.
-Bank function added to the autopilot.
-ITT now indicates in Celsius as it is in the checklist.
-Some stickers were misplaced.
-Doors sounds adjusted.
-Other small bugs fixed

You don’t need this patch if you downloaded the package after May 23rd, 2013 1500 GMT.

Customers have to log into your account at www.carenado.comfor getting it.

Guys, this is NOT a Bernt Stolle FDE.  The only thing he did was make a suggestion to them about how to fix an airspeed issue. 

As I mentioned on another thread, perhaps, they just modded the PA-46 FDE for the TBM.  In that sense, it could be considered his FDE.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guys, this is NOT a Bernt Stolle FDE.  The only thing he did was make a suggestion to them about how to fix an airspeed issue. 

As I mentioned on another thread, perhaps, they just modded the PA-46 FDE for the TBM.  In that sense, it could be considered his FDE.

Marketing is a helluva thing.....

After visiting a friend I was shown that there were issues with duplicate waypoints and related problems selecting and inserting waypoints - ie not working properly and real problem for functionality.  I wonder if this has been fixed by this SP?

Glad I have waited before buying this plane.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

After visiting a friend I was shown that there were issues with duplicate waypoints and related problems selecting and inserting waypoints - ie not working properly and real problem for functionality.  I wonder if this has been fixed by this SP?

Glad I have waited before buying this plane.

+1 Glad I waited too. I wish Mr. Stolle could tell us whether he actually did the FDE or didn't.

I'm of the same opinion... even though I haven't figured out all of the G1000 nav features or lack thereof, it's beautiful, sounds great, and flies great.   If you appreciate how good the Flight 1 Cessna Mustang's FDE is, you will really like this one.

Huh? Flight1 Mustang's fde flew correctly on day one.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, I think that is his point. He is saying the 850 flies too. Doubt that. That isn't what I am hearing elsewhere.

I wish Mr. Stolle could tell us whether he actually did the FDE or didn't.

I wish he wasn't banned.  Really wish that.  He told me.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Banned? How come - always found his posts to be quite genial. Surprised.

I was going to wait, having just gotten a slew of other aircraft, but I'd been interested in this for awhile.

While the criticisms may be accurate, the issues, to me at least, enjoying FSX as a game, not serious professional training (I am not a real-world pilot, nor do I ever want to be one), are quite minor.

I'm happy Carenado came out with a patch so quickly, seems nicely responsive of them.

Back to my TBM850! Far lower fuel and maintenance costs than the real thing, easier to admire in-flight, and NO insurance premiums! Plus I can relocate from Honolulu to Jyvaskyla at the push of a button.

I wish Mr. Stolle could tell us whether he actually did the FDE or didn't.

I wish he wasn't banned. Really wish that. He told me.

He wasn't banned.

He got tired of people criticizing his work which they knew nothing about. Some people would criticize him when it wasn't even his work

He wasn't banned.

Thanks for clarfying that for me Lee.  I'd read it somewhere and, most certainly, happy it was incorrect.  There's always, always a critic out there.  Maybe he'll come back at some point.

Gregg Seipp