Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A 172 preview shot - fuel inspection

Hey guys,

Scott posted this over at the A2A forum.  The A2A 172 will simulate water contamination in the fuel, requiring you the pilot to be vigilant during your preflight inspection.  Really looking forward to this.  B)

Cheers

TJ

water_in_fuelstrainer.jpg

Thanks for the HU! This is going to be an awesome addon, and this sounds absolutely great. Really looking forward to it!

Can't wait for the release!

...as much as the 777, as it's vital having a top drawer c172 in the hangar!

Guest Mik75

Wow! That will be a must have!

Seems that, while the experience will be broadly similar to the Aerosoft/4X Katana (e.g. preflight required), the system modeling is even deeper - for example, modeling not just water in the fuel, but the location of water in the fuel lines, so the failure, if there is one, will happen differently depending on how long it takes the contaminated fuel to get to the engine.

This is going to be good.

So, when is the release date...tommorrow? Can't wait any longer! So looking forward to this!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Nice,

A little bit more "Practice like you play..." simulated for the GA pilots!

Keith Guillory

Hopefully it has a native integration with (at least) the RXP 430W.  Many a trainers have a 430 (some have the 530)...  but who knows since their civilian mustang did not have 3d integration.

Lookin good.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think if A2A is able to get in contact with the RXP folks, then I think we will see a 3D RXP unit.  As I understand RXP never returned A2A's inquires during the civil P-51 project and thus were unable to complete a 3D RXP unit for their P-51. 

Of course with Cessna 172 low cruise speeds you don't really need a GPS lol.  Plenty of time to look at a sectional before you bust a class B airspace LOL. 

I remember the N models I trained on had no GPS, while the first S models the school got had the earlier KLN98 units. 

Knowing A2A they might give a variety of instrument choices, from factory fresh Gramin stacks to old rental clunker instrument stack.

I just like having the ability to fly /G....  I didn't learn in a cessna, but a warrior... with dual 430's.  I realize not a lot of planes have any GPS...  but the last skyhawk I was in did indeed have a 430...

20121117_IMG_0854-3.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As I understand RXP never returned A2A's inquires during the civil P-51 project and thus were unable to complete a 3D RXP unit for their P-51. 

I remember the N models I trained on had no GPS, while the first S models the school got had the earlier KLN98 units.

A2A is not the only developer having problems contacting Reality XP. Aerosoft also tried because they wanted Garmin 530 integration in their upcoming Twotter. Reality XP could sell a lot more units if they would respond to these requests. I hope everything is ok with Jean Luc of Reality XP.

And ofcourse you mean the KLN89 ^_^

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS