Sign in to follow this  
Connor Anderson

Jagged Window Frames

Hi,

I am tend to get a little over compulsive about little things, so I apologize if this post confuses you. If you look at the NGX straight on in spot view, you will notice that the frames around the side cockpit windows are very jagged, and on the tops and bottoms of the side windows the frames appear to shimmer. This also seems to happen with the cabin windows, but I'm now worried about them. 

Is there a way to get the simmering/ jagged lines on the cockpit window frames to go away? Do I have to go in and cut the frame away? I really don't know. If anyone could help, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Connor Anderson

I am tend to get a little over compulsive about little things

Well there's the problem...

In all seriousness, I have no idea what you're referring to.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't want to be picked on.

I wasn't.  I quoted your post in which you said you tended to get "a little over compulsive about little things."

A screenshot illustrating the problem would be immensely helpful, because I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.  It looks perfectly fine to me.

Kyle Rodgers

2011-12-2_23-47-44-841edit.jpg

That is not my image, however if you look at the cockpit window frames they are very jagged. Even with my AA settings on max. Everything is smooth, but those frames. That is how my cockpit window frames look. May I ask what your AA settings are, or does AA have nothing to do with it?

Connor Anderson

If you look the window frames aren't the only jagged lines on that repaint. I can only suggest you find a higher quality repaint.

Antialaising from the FSX menu is pretty bad. Use something like NVidia Inspector (Nspector?) for better results. The more antialising you have, the harder the graphics card has to work. Make sure you don't leave the settings as application controlled. I believe the highest settings that FSX allows by itself is about 4x. 8x looks better and I'v seen 12 and 16x available via Nspector, though those settings severely hit FPS on my system.

While that repaint does have some jaggy lines on the wings, the interface between glass and metal on the windscreens are not part of any repaint, just the model. They arn't jaggy without antialiasing settings being low or off.

If you don't know where to start, here's a link.

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/nvidia-inspector-settings.html

Okay, thank you to all, for the help. I think I have found the solution through Nvidia Inspector. I thank everyone for their responses.

Connor Anderson

I think I have found the solution through Nvidia Inspector. I thank everyone for their responses.

Awesome.  There's an nvidia inspector guide that Ryan made in the General forum if you're interested.

Kyle Rodgers