Sign in to follow this  
scottthefsxguy

Best Bush Aircraft

Not really a bush plane per se but the Baytower RV-7 handles the bush quite well, and with a nice cruise speed to boot. Take off in about 800' and cruise around 160 KTAS. You can remove the wheel covers to make it 'look' a little more bush friendly.

If you want something exotic, CH's BF-108 Taifun is also an excellent short field aircraft.

Bill's Fairchild 24 will be very nice as will Sibwings and Aerosoft' upcoming An-2s

Cheers

TJ

If only by the merit of being the aircraft equivalent of a decently maintained 25 years old 1970's GMC pickup truck (with over 150K miles on it), the Carenado bush C185 is a joy to fly in the environment for which it belongs. I love how it'll slowly skid down over a ridge and into the steep gorge below.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

If only by the merit of being the aircraft equivalent of a decently maintained 25 years old 1970's GMC pickup truck (with over 150K miles on it), the Carenado bush C185 is a joy to fly in the environment for which it belongs.

Extremely well put!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

My new favorite bush plane is Sibwings' An-2 Colt. What a beauty! Although I'm still having trouble believing I can say that about a Colt.  ^_^

My new favorite bush plane is Sibwings' An-2 Colt. What a beauty! Although I'm still having trouble believing I can say that about a Colt. ^_^

Woah woah, they released it?

Woah woah, they released it?

Doesn't look like it. No hints about it, neither on their website nor on their facebook page.

Bill is more than likely a beta tester. But I'm loving his feedback. I can't wait for that either

Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned that I've been testing it. I don't know what their release plans are, but it's looking and flying really good at this point.

One I'd like to add to the list is Lion Heart Creations' Piper Pacer. One of the versions included in the package is equipped with tundra tires, and makes an excellent bush plane.

I know it's not necessarily considered a bush plane, but Aerosoft's Twin Otter is also one heck of a good short-field aircraft.

I've managed to get the Tw'Otter down onto, and back out of, Mile Hi (I97D). Something that I doubt could be done in real life, but was sure fun to try in the sim. :D (you'll need Orbx Central Rocky Mountains scenery, not sure if it's listed in stock FSX.) 

One I haven't seen mentioned is the Aerosoft Wilga.  I don't have it but it looked great from what I could tell. 

Another oddball that really isn't a bush plane but works quite well in the bush is A2A's P-40.  I fly that thing around the bush all the time.  She is very rugged and can handle 1500' strips no problem.  Plus she has a big Allison V-1710 up front which is just pure airplane music :)

Cheers

TJ

but it's looking and flying really good at this point.

How is she frame-rate wise, Bill? The sheer utility of this plane has started to really call to me, and with this new freeware bush strip that ORBX is working on, I think I might have a potential base for the Colt.

On my rig, frames are not an issue at all. The Colt is super-smooth, and suitably grotty looking.

I'd add another vote for the CAR 185 but also, for me, nothing beats the Aerosoft / Digital Aviation Do-27, which although old, is still a belter of a bush plane in FSX!

Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned that I've been testing it. I don't know what their release plans are, but it's looking and flying really good at this point.

Now that's just cruel.