Sign in to follow this  
scottthefsxguy

Best Bush Aircraft

If you're interested in a rugged, utility a/c that has good power and STOL characteristics yet can carry a reasonably sized load take a look at Lionheart's Kodiak.

I'd add another vote for the CAR 185 but also, for me, nothing beats the Aerosoft / Digital Aviation Do-27, which although old, is still a belter of a bush plane in FSX!

I agree... are there any DX10 compatible skins for it?

The Do is still a rare experience.... there's enough detail to make you feel like you're flying a real airplane....  the appearance, sounds, systems code, all blend together nicely.   It really is a progenitor of the Accusim birds, with engine wear and tear and damage.   Not sure ultimately how refined the flight model is, but overall it's still a leading product IMO.    Leaves much of it's competition feeling a bit sterile.

The Do is still a rare experience.... there's enough detail to make you feel like you're flying a real airplane.... the appearance, sounds, systems code, all blend together nicely. It really is a progenitor of the Accusim birds, with engine wear and tear and damage. Not sure ultimately how refined the flight model is, but overall it's still a leading product IMO. Leaves much of it's competition feeling a bit sterile.

I never could get the Do 27 to work the way it should, got some graphical gliches and had to turn off alot off the effects that made this plane special. It kinda put me off using it :(

I never could get the Do 27 to work the way it should, got some graphical gliches and had to turn off alot off the effects that made this plane special. It kinda put me off using it :(

I had lots of the same, and quickly gave up on it on my old computer.    On my latest 2600K etc, it works great, no problems other than no DX-10 compatible external textures.

I had lots of the same, and quickly gave up on it on my old computer. On my latest 2600K etc, it works great, no problems other than no DX-10 compatible external textures.

Hmmm :Thinking:, I haven't tried it on my new system so maybe I have the same luck as you and get it working the way it should. No DX10 textures doesnt bother me as I never use DX10.

This evening I was taking a look in my Simmarket account and noticed that I'd bought the Synchro-Soft C208 Sound Pack over a year ago, but I am sure I had never gotten around to ever installing it!

.....well tonight, I did, and let me tell you, the Carenado C208, with RXP 430, and the Sychro-Soft sound pack is absolutely AMAZING! ........ With TrackIR and OPUS Cameras (DHM), and flying in the Pacific Islands Simulation PNG Bush Pilot Scenery, it was one of those 'Top 5' flights, you never forget.

I didn't realize how flat the stock CAR 208 sounds are until I popped this Synchro-soft pack in, but it's a massive improvement.

If you're interested in a rugged, utility a/c that has good power and STOL characteristics yet can carry a reasonably sized load take a look at Lionheart's Kodiak.

I would certainly support the Kodiak, equipped with a Banana Bob repaint (free) and my G1000 mods (also free)..  B) 

Bert

Carenado C337 is nice too.

X2.  Has great visibility and flies great!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Two of the best freeware native FSX aircraft, the FU-24 Fletcher and follow up Cresco 750. Very peculiar, very special 'topdressers', great to use as bushplanes too. Exquisitely designed by Deane Baunton. You don't want to miss this payware quality freeware.

Here's the Fletcher:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Fletcher&CatID=root&Go=Search

And the Cresco :

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Cresco&CatID=root&Go=Search

Jan

and flying in the Pacific Islands Simulation PNG Bush Pilot Scenery, it was one of those 'Top 5' flights, you never forget.

Bit off topic but how did you find the PNG Bush Pilot Scenery? You seem to be very happy about it but the screen shots didn't look great while recognising its from a while back. Everyone praises it and it has great reviews, so I knew its good - but was wondering in the areas between airports - is it FSX default scenrey\mesh?

Thanks, pretty keen to buy it and it's at a very cheap price at PC Aviator right now. But after being spoilt by Orbx, don't want to be disappointed. Too many good places to fly!

It includes better mesh for PNG, other than that scenery is mostly FSX default I believe. 

Honestly looks aren't what make this scenery so amazing, it's the challenge it offers. Many of the airports it covers are more difficult than anything you will ever find for FSX, even if their airport buildings (mostly small huts so why would that matter anyway?) aren't in as good resolution as with ORBX stuff.

Personally I find GA flying just plain boring when there's no challenge like what this scenery offers. For GA flying in non-challenging conditions like around areas offered by ORBX and such I rather just wait until I have time to get my own microlight pilots license and start flying for real. 

It includes better mesh for PNG, other than that scenery is mostly FSX default I believe.

Honestly looks aren't what make this scenery so amazing, it's the challenge it offers. Many of the airports it covers are more difficult than anything you will ever find for FSX, even if their airport buildings (mostly small huts so why would that matter anyway?) aren't in as good resolution as with ORBX stuff.

Personally I find GA flying just plain boring when there's no challenge like what this scenery offers. For GA flying in non-challenging conditions like around areas offered by ORBX and such I rather just wait until I have time to get my own microlight pilots license and start flying for real.

Cheers thanks - that's why I was interested in it. Have read about the challenging approaches and have been doing Paro, Lukla etc. But wanted to know about it - particularly the mesh. Thanks ! Will be purchasing it - very strong recommendation.

I would certainly support the Kodiak, equipped with a Banana Bob repaint (free) and my G1000 mods (also free)..  B)

Where can I find these mods?  B)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Fox-Bat, on 29 May 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Bit off topic but how did you find the PNG Bush Pilot Scenery? You seem to be very happy about it but the screen shots didn't look great while recognising its from a while back. Everyone praises it and it has great reviews, so I knew its good - but was wondering in the areas between airports - is it FSX default scenrey\mesh?

Thanks, pretty keen to buy it and it's at a very cheap price at PC Aviator right now. But after being spoilt by Orbx, don't want to be disappointed. Too many good places to fly!

It's mesh, and possibly landclass, but most importantly, it's 40 beautiful custom airport sceneries; everything from the large bush bases like AYMD and AYMR, to the tiny fields with a hut and a fire burning. There is sound, ambience, animation, it is absolutely awesome.

Everyone raves about FS bush flying in Alaska and BC but honestly, bush flying in the PNG Bush Flyer scenery is just unbeatable.

The airport sceneries aren't Orbx styled but in many ways they are nicer, and less glossy, and more rugged. Frame rates are also much higher than in Orbx sceneries.

I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

\

It's mesh, and possibly landclass, but most importantly, it's 40 beautiful custom airport sceneries; everything from the large bush bases like AYMD and AYMR, to the tiny fields with a hut and a fire burning. There is sound, ambience, animation, it is absolutely awesome.

//

I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Cheers thanks, I was also worried that released a fairly long time back, maybe it has lost its charm and attraction. Obviously not. Time to land in PNG. I am in Cape York Right now - so shouldn't take too long in the Duke I hope to land in PNG :)

Plan to use the C337 one I get there.