Sign in to follow this  
tusler

JS4100 low Torque

Hi,

I do hope this has not been answered, I have looked but did not see it.

Proper setup, fuel, loading ect. Done.

Startup goes normal.

taxi out to the runway... no config alarms, Caution panel all good.

bring it out of taxi to flight.

push the throttles up, the plane just sits there and runs fine with these eng panel readings.

Both Eng's are the same.

Torque-33.8

EGT-430

RPM-99.8

FF/FU-47.2

What is wrong or more importantly how do I fix it without reseting the whole thing and starting over?

Thanks

What is wrong or more importantly how do I fix it without reseting the whole thing and starting over?

Disengage start locks?

Kyle Rodgers

Disengage start locks?

No sarcastic remark?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought I had done that when I bring throttles back with F2 and hold the unfeater switch left and then right.

Thanks again

I thought I had done that when I bring throttles back with F2 and hold the unfeater switch left and then right.

Pull the power levers back until you hear "START LOCKS REMOVED". Then push the power levers back up to idle.

The unfeather switch will put the props back onto the start locks.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hit the unfeather switch before the engine is started. Once you have both engines running, pull into reverse thrust (either till you hear "start locks removed" or all the way to full reverse thrust) and then push into normal (idle) thrust. DO NOT TOUCH THE UNFEATHER SWITCHES AFTER ENGINE START!

Should work after that.

Climb performance?

When ever I am climbing out say at 13000 to 21K , I do alright until I have to turn on de-icing then no power... even if I am at 21K and at around 220 knots... turn on anti-ice and I slow to 150knots...

Is this right?

I thought I had done that when I bring throttles back with F2 and hold the unfeater switch left and then right.

Pull the power levers back until you hear "START LOCKS REMOVED". Then push the power levers back up to idle.

The unfeather switch will put the props back onto the start locks.

Please curb your sarcasm...

Please curb your sarcasm...

I wasn't being sarcastic. I explained the procedure to remove the start locks and told him that using the unfeather switch would reengage the start locks.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Just pulling your leg lol sorry should've added an emoticon or something

Yep You guys nailed it, I am having a great time with this acft. It is truely awsome.

I have another question...With this plane litely loaded, no cargo, no passengers and 50% fuel i notice the brakes will not hold it, even with the emergency brake on it slowly taxi around the airport.

Any fix for this or is it suppose to do this?

I don't have this issue.

Check for brake failures in the aircraft failures options in FSX.

Likely just FSX's broken ground friction model, nothing you can do except ensure the condition levers are at taxi and thrust levers idle.

Anti-ice will kill your engine performance, just as it does on the real engines! If you need additional performance it is acceptable to push the condition levers to full, but on hot days with a heavy aircraft you'll likely have to cruise in the high teens.

There are some briefly entries about start locks and use of anti ice in this FAQ:

http://viaintercity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Yep You guys nailed it, I am having a great time with this acft. It is truely awsome.

I have another question...With this plane litely loaded, no cargo, no passengers and 50% fuel i notice the brakes will not hold it, even with the emergency brake on it slowly taxi around the airport.

Any fix for this or is it suppose to do this?

With your throttles at idle and your condition levers back (in Taxi mode) it does this?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

With your throttles at idle and your condition levers back (in Taxi mode) it does this?

Yes, but only when I am ferrying the acft with no passengers, no cargo, and 50% fuel, with the throttles at idle and condition levers back in taxi mode. If I fill the plane with fuel then it does not do this.

It seems the heavier the plane the better it stops.

By the way I did not take any of the help as sarcastic, it is a great thing when someone ask a question and people are racing to answer the question, it,s like some stranger from the fire dept. comming to help when your in need.