Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Full Forest X images

Hi Guys had to check this out here is my first thoughts not a lot of investigation but here is the good part have seen no ill effects with this addon trees are much better placed in scenery many more to add immersion and I cranked up the autogen sliders to max and for some reason I did not see any fps lost and do not know why very weird how can this much stuff be added and not give a hit to the fps did notice at altitude some ares the textures could be a bit dark but that could be sweetfx as for that AA is still work in progress so disregard that aspect I am pretty impressed so far considering the amount of trees with no hit I know its default aircraft but still should have seen some kind of hit - also turned down autogen and still had almost as much trees another good thing anyway hope you like this mini review, do not have before and after but I can tell you there is a nice difference.

This is state of Maine

wbf2p4.jpg

This is Aspen Colorado

2zivsxy.jpg

This is Aspen Colorado

9zn5fo.jpg

This is Santa Barbara

2vi2eyf.jpg

Rich Sennett

That looks quite good, maybe this is worth buying then.

I guess some comparison shots could be nice to see too. 

Hi Rich, do you have Orbx? I wonder what the effect is when using their scenery...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

One thing is for sure, the timing for release of this product is baaaad, a month before FTX Global, which will come with custom autogen placing. Looking at the preview shots the trees, forests, and especially cities will look top notch, a lot better that this.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Howard  ftx not loaded buddy need conserve ssd space as everything is on 1 hard drive - sorry but all in all you do not notice a hit I dont think I could go back its not earth shattering but its not a new payware aircraft right

fscamp take off out of Santa Barbara head out a little bit and come around to the left and see what you see not looking forward to uninstalling as it as an online registration different than any other I have seen no big deal but I think a unique code is created every time you load it hmmm

As for global this should work fine or even compliment ftx global see no problems there. Had my fps locked at 30 no limiter just fsx always stayed at 29.9 all autogen sliders maxed crazy.

Rich Sennett

I would be interested but I need to see some before and after screen shots with identical autogen settings.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I think the developer has found a magic bullet and will be posting some interesting info on it.

Rich Sennett

Richard, do you have GEX or UTX installed?  Just wondering if it was compatible with those products.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

You can use TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=50, still going to have massive forests, this is Washington state  - normal autogen on sliders state like this has tons of trees no need to up autogen slider.

I have fsgenesis - utx - gex - You may want to really think about getting this impressive no menu just install it wow

35cesgo.jpg

18jj7q.jpg

9fxqir.jpg

Rich Sennett

Richard, I have my autogen set as per below, which is very high.

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=3000
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500

Are you saying that you can lower the trees value to 50 but leave buildings high so that lowering the sliders will still result in high tree counts and not impact buildings or at least leave buildings at a moderate level?

Or set trees to 50, leave autogen high so buildings are plenty and that this will have less impact on frames?

So when near urban areas you can lower autogen a notch, which will reduce # or buildings but the trees will be high.

I am wondering if there is any real difference using this product vs just adjusting the autogen settings in the cfg?

One thing I note in your screenshots is that this forest appears deciduous instead of coniferous which it is in real life.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

"Are you saying that you can lower the trees value to 50 but leave buildings high so that lowering the sliders will still result in high tree counts"

correct how cool is that - they have found a different way to present the trees without hammering our sim

"forest appears deciduous instead of coniferous"   I was kind of thinking that also hopefully developer can comment on that as He will thinking tomorrow sometime.

"I am wondering if there is any real difference using this product vs just adjusting the autogen settings in the cfg"

its turn key install and it does the rest I had cells=1500 put to 50 no difference fps were great - is there a difference YES day and night cfg settings are no longer used to some degree it does it all for you what I mean is it does a great job of adding more vegetation where it never was before and displays code wise differently so you cant duplicate it without this software from what I see eazy peazy

​No more sparce landscapes cooooool

Rich Sennett

Bryan pick a spot you want a shot of and I will do it for you

Rich Sennett

Can you get palm trees too? Or just one kind?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Palm trees looked like normal fsx not a wow factor in that aspect as far as I can tell 

Rich Sennett

This looks very good. When I first saw it I thought it was a Gimmick but its not the case.

Im buying ftx global so I cant imagine I would need them both?

ZORAN